PDA

View Full Version : ****ing Swearing!!!

Blackcanvas
08-18-2005, 05:50 PM
I dont understand the whole blocking swearing thing, and to be honest, i think its a bit daily mail esk with all its censorship.

Its a form of expression, damien is horifically foul mouthed but perfectly nice at the same time. i.e, "Its ****ing amazing!" Its a form of expression.

I understand it can be used for bad like something like "You ****ing ****" etc etc, but in reality its a forum, how can that damage you?

It just feels a bit new-right with the censorship and all, far from liberal.

Gatsby
08-18-2005, 06:08 PM
there are children who also use this messageboard...

Would you swear in front of a child??

Wheels
08-18-2005, 06:47 PM
It just feels a bit new-right with the censorship and all, far from liberal.

:smiley36: Yeah this igloo place is totally neo-con :smiley36:

Blackcanvas
08-18-2005, 07:17 PM
first wheels, learn your facts. The new-right was born out of what they called moral decline. Therefore, censorship. And they didnt like all the children being 'destroyed' by all this violence and swearing on TV.
Personally, yes, i would swear infront of a child, not at him, but around him, as shielding a child from the world is just teaching them no culture.

Please sort out your snobby attitudes, as this board is for people with suggestions, not people like you who think they are superior wheels.

Wheels
08-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Who's thinking they are superior? I was joking with you.

You were talking about censorship feeling 'new-right' and I twisted it to refer to the whole igloo as a joke... I was trying to show that not being able to curse was a minor thing in comparison to the generally liberal and friendly nature of the board.

I was not attempting to make fun of you and appologise if it read that way.

Gatsby
08-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Please sort out your snobby attitudes, as this board is for people with suggestions, not people like you who think they are superior wheels.

asking a question is snobby? i think emmett can use censorship on the board if he likes... maybe its not your view and you want the freedom to say what you feel. But maybe he wants the place a bit more user-friendly

just takes a bit of getting used to...

administrator
08-18-2005, 09:36 PM
hey blackcanvas... not sure why you got so aggro with wheels there, calm down... he made a joke that i thought was funny and didn't really have anything to do with you, and was in no way snobby, so i think what you said wasn't really fair... this site is definitely for people like wheels...

i've never been accused of being right of anything... i didn't put in the censor stuff, it came with the forum software... but i don't mind it being there as it is supposed to be a site for people of all ages, and i know some people find some words offensive so i don't really have a problem with it. it's not like you can't figure out what the words are anyway. i don't see it as such a big deal.

Bumpman
08-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Honestly if you're really going to get so upset about not being able to swear on eskimofriends you probably need to up the dosage a little...

Blackcanvas
08-19-2005, 12:53 AM
fair enougth

PenguinBoy
08-19-2005, 06:16 PM
well, maybe it's ur belief that swearing is ok round ickle childers, i myself don't really know, but i do know that there are people who are in that way offended so to respect their opinions the igloo is censored.