The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Emmett Tinley, 12 June - Paradiso (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3972)

sezmo 06-04-2004 01:25 PM

Too many girlfriends that's why the ego's so big. [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

[edit - I was too slow so had to add in what i was referring to there]

But seriously - sounds to me like the new BF feels threatened by you, which I guess is in some way understandable if she's really not over you yet. But from what you've described he'd probably feel threatened by you anyway as he doesn't sound like a very confident or emotionally stable person.

And it's awful that he won't "let" her see you. Sounds like he's the posessive type then as well. What a shame for that to get in the way of your friendship with her.Edited by: sezmo

Mojo_Pin1980 06-04-2004 02:45 PM

He's definitely not confident or emotionally stable.. that's for sure. I guess I can't blame him... I was very confident about my relationship cuz things were going amazingly, yet still it all got f**ked up. I should've been more jealous myself, but instead, the 3 of us (4 actually) actually went out together a couple of times. I didn't feel threatened by him at all. And then he started to realize what he had lost and started to try to win her back. She was upset by that and I kinda justified it to her telling her how it was normal and that every guy in love would do that. I'm such an idiot[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-04-2004 04:39 PM

Poor Mojo. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-04-2004 09:13 PM

Hahaha, don't worry about me.. I'm over it![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Can't wait till Thursday![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Loveless 06-04-2004 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sezmo
Yeah, sounds like a bit of a bunny boiler to me.

LMAO!! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Angela 06-12-2004 03:57 AM

Have a nice gig, deers! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]Let us know how it was!!

I'm listening to Emmett on CD [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

marloes 06-12-2004 11:36 AM

will do Angela [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

cille 06-12-2004 01:26 PM

yeah, have a fab eve! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

marloes 06-13-2004 11:42 AM

Ok, dears, the morning after, and I'm not disappointed. He was really good again, he played lots of new songs (comfort me, christmas tree, 2 years on, Angelou, are titles I can still remember, but maybe Mojo or Sezmo have better memory than me) He seemed in a good mood, despite the fact that he was playing for only a few people ( I overheard 1 of the bouncers say 80-100, but it seemed even less. this was the smallest turn out I have ever seen at 1 of his gigs) He kept saying that the audience was so respectfully quiet, and that that didn't happen anywhere else but in the Paradiso. He didn't give any details about when the album was supposed to come out, so that's still vague, probably for him too! All in all, v nice performance once again. For me personally it was the total opposite of the show I had seen the night before: David Bowie in a big football stadium, that show was big and loud and massive, whereas Emmett's performance was small and v intimate, and v nice.

cille 06-13-2004 12:37 PM

lovely! that paradiso really sounds liek a great venue! some venues just invite ppl to be quiet and respectful...

Angela 06-13-2004 03:05 PM

Sounds lovely. I heard a few people complain last time about kids running around and other distractive noises (I think it was an afternoon gig). I love small gigs like that [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img](My farorite "venue" has 25 seats). I don't think I've heard Christmas Tree or Angelou before.

sezmo 06-14-2004 10:29 AM

The gig was indeed lovely. The audience was very respectful, with the only noise coming from the very creaky floor boards. Emmett was telling me and Tony afterwards that whenever he was singing with his eyes closed and heard the floor boards creak he thought people were leaving or coming into the room.

Marloes, I'm afraid I don't know any more names of new songs. I was far to blown away by his beautiful voice to remember anything anyway.

Did you stay long afterwards? We didn't. Just spoke to Emmett and a couple of his friends for a little bit after the gig (he remembered me by name from the football [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]) and finally got my hands on a copy of Polichinelle! Then we left to go and have a drink somewhere else. We ended up going to Dan Murphy's where we ran into Mojo, and the one drink somehow turned into many. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

marloes 06-14-2004 11:48 AM

I left immediately afterwards, I was alone so I didn't feel the urge to stay much longer and besides I was dead tired after going out after the David Bowie gig friday night. So I felt like catching up on some sleep, especially since it was my dad's b-day on sunday.
Cool that Emmett remembered you, told you you didn't make a fool out of yourself that day! I looked around to see if I could spot you and Mojo, but since I don't have a clue what you or him look like that didn't quite work [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-14-2004 11:55 AM

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]- I asked Mojo if he'd seen you, but he doesn't know what you look like and neither do I so we were in the same boat.Mojo was standing sort of in the middle - very tall, with a white shirt on, looks like Ruud van Nistelrooy. And I was sitting at the back table on the left in front of the mixing board thing.

How was the Bowie concert? A friend of mine was going to that but had to cancel cos she had flu. Poor girl.

marloes 06-14-2004 12:06 PM

OMG, I must have been sitting right behind you on the floor. longish red hair, green t-shirt. And I was wondering about Mojo, cause I had read somewhere he looks like van Nistelrooy, but since I don't have a v clear picture what Ruud looks like I wasn't sure if that was Mojo with the white shirt, but it was him then. I was way too shy and embarrassed to go up and ask him [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Bowie rocked and he rolled [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img] We were sitting down first on the 2nd ring, but that was just too boring, people really didn't seem to respond all that much, even when he was playing oldies. So beacuse we had a special service pass, we went down to the field and that was much better. Great atmosphere, people going nuts. And he put on a good show with a nice mix of old and new songs. Of course the Arena isn't the nicest venue, also not soundwise, but it was good on friday!. All in all, very nice to have seen a legend like D.Bowie live.

sezmo 06-14-2004 12:14 PM

I'm afraid I didn't see you. I did notice there were people on the floor behind us and was hoping I wasn't blocking their view. But I was so caught up in Emmett's performance I wasn't really paying attention to who was around me. I only recognised Mojo cos I'd met him at the Josh Ritter gig when I asked him if I could take a peak at the setlist he'd just been given. Then I looked at him and thought "hang on, he looks a bit like Ruud van Nistelrooy... I wonder if it's him..." and sure enough it was. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Glad you enjoyed the Bowie concert. Sounds like a great night! You must be exhausted after this weekend of music + your dad's birthday as well (Gefeliciteerd!) http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

marloes 06-14-2004 12:22 PM

I wasn't really paying attention to the people at the table, so I still don't know what u look like either [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] I was wondering for a while if the girl that was with Mojo was perhaps you, because I knew you had already met but after a while I figured it probably wasn't you[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] so i was sort of hoping to hear him calling your name or something, but I didn't wait around long enough.
And I am exhausted today, I ahte family b-days [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] and I have 2 more concerts coming up this week and then again on monday. So busy time for me!

sezmo 06-14-2004 12:27 PM

No, the girl with Mojo definitely wasn't me. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

2 more concerts this week? Which are they then. I've got one next week (Air).

marloes 06-14-2004 12:33 PM

They are all for work, we work at big events in the Arena, so I can go to all the concerts for free. this week it's the Chili Peppers and Lenny Kravitz, on monday Metallica&Korn. Not concerts I would have paid a lot of money for to go see, but nice if you can go for free [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-14-2004 12:34 PM

Lucky girl! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

I'm sure the Chili Peppers will put on a great show! And aren't the Pixies opening for them (or maybe that's changed - I read that ages ago).

sezmo 06-14-2004 12:37 PM

Ah never mind... just looked at the official Chili's site and it says The Roots (cool!!) and Chicks on Speed are opening acts.

marloes 06-14-2004 12:42 PM

I was sort of dissapointed it's not the Pixies though, It would have been a nice opportunty to see them as well (for free, since I don't know them well enough to pay 35 euro to go see them at the HMH, how dutch of me, right [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] )

sezmo 06-14-2004 12:43 PM

Well I've got a couple of Pixies CDs and used to listen to them quite a lot but I'm still not gonna pay 35 euros to see them! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-14-2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

No, the girl with Mojo definitely wasn't me. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

I don't think Tony would've liked me having my arms around you throughout most of the gig![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

I had an absolutely brilliant time!!![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]Only in an Irish pub can you hit someone in the face and not get into a fight![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]Tony really is a jolly nice chap btw![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Next gig: Bright Eyes at Melkweg, the 21st!

sezmo 06-14-2004 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo_Pin1980

I don't think Tony would've liked me having my arms around you throughout most of the gig![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]No, I think you're probably right there.

Quote:

I had an absolutely brilliant time!!![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]Only in an Irish pub can you hit someone in the face and not get into a fight!

lol! I forgot all about that. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]That was quite a punch as well! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Quote:

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]Tony really is a jolly nice chap btw![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Ah, jolly nice of you to say so! I'm sure he'll be jolly well chuffed to hear that. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

He thought the same of you. Making plans to have youse over for dinner and everything in the taxi home. http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Quote:

Next gig: Bright Eyes at Melkweg, the 21st!

Oh yeah, Bright Eyes... I remember now. But uh we're going to Air the next day... might all be a bit much for us in our old age. [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-14-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

lol! I forgot all about that.That was quite a punch as well!

Nah... I barelytouched him![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Quote:

Ah, jolly nice of you to say so! I'm sure he'll be jolly well chuffed to hear that.

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Quote:

He thought the same of you. Making plans to have youse over for dinner and everything in the taxi home.

That sure was bloody nice of him![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Quote:

Oh yeah, Bright Eyes... I remember now. But uh we're going to Air the next day... might all be a bit much for us in our old age.

Yeah, I'm surprised you guys lasted till 1:30[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-14-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

That sure was bloody nice of him![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

He just wants more Spanish rap lessons!

Quote:

Yeah, I'm surprised you guys lasted till 1:30[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Damn, where's the "slap" smiley when you need it? [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-14-2004 03:16 PM

Quote:

He just wants more Spanish rap lessons!

Ah, so he just wants to get together with Isabel??[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Quote:

Damn, where's the "slap" smiley when you need it?

http://www.nathanbrouwer.nl/smilies/whip.gif

sezmo 06-14-2004 03:19 PM

Quote:

Ah, so he just wants to get together with Isabel??[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

probably. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Quote:

That's a bit harsh I think. Just a slap would have done fine, but I'll settle for [img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]

Angela 06-14-2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

I'm afraid I don't know any more names of new songs. I was far to blown away by his beautiful voice to remember anything anyway.

I don't have the whole set list yet, but some of the songs he played were 'Dark Green,' 'Saved,' 'Dead Flowers,' 'It Hurts To Lose You,' 'Killing The One I Love' (a "new" one),'Polichinelle,' 'Come To Life,' 'Closer To Happy'(also a "new" one) and'Two Years On'.