The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Emmett Tinley, 12 June - Paradiso (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3972)

cille 05-23-2004 12:53 PM

yeah, it's great!

i actually know a girl who met one of the actors in that one when she traveled in australia. she actually lives in amsterdam now - how's that for a small world![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

marloes 05-23-2004 12:58 PM

It's like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon in here [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Angela 05-23-2004 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien addict
[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] A friend of mine works in a bookstore, and she was playing Polichinelle there. ...[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Awwww..... [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]One fellow Emmett fans met him a few times at art festivals and stuff and always end up having a few drinks together. Your friend missed out! [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Angela 05-23-2004 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercille
i just listened to the hurts to loose you from other voices with glen whatshisname

[img]smileys/smiley23.gif[/img]Hansard.

Quote:

woah! lovely tune. lovely bright male voice, that emmett guy has. a lot of lovely intensity in the whole atmos of the song... now, why didn't i know this beautiful music???

Because you never were curious enough to ask who my avatar is. That's why! [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

Oh, and btw, there's a video of a Prayer Boat (name of band) gig at fabchannel.com. He's playing with the Danish (+ one Swedish) musicians there.Edited by: Angela

sezmo 05-23-2004 04:13 PM

That site never works for me. Never never never. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]Well, okay, once but only for 5 minutes. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Okay so maybe it is possible to just bump into him. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]I did see the whole band Suede eating in McDonalds in Amsterdam a few years ago. Too shy at the time to go and say hello though. [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

marloes 05-23-2004 04:25 PM

About fabchannel: have you tried just playing the video in the standard player in stead of the interactive player, that works for me. If I try to use the interactive player my internet connection gets shut down, is that what happens to you as well?

sezmo 05-23-2004 04:35 PM

I've tried standard player, interactive player, logging in, logging out, switching off my firewall, etc., etc. and nothing works. It simply does nothing at all - I click on the gig I want and the picture and links come up on the left. And then click on webplayer or fabplayer and it just does nothing at all - doesn't open a new window or anything.

I've heard other people have had problems with it too - getting only pictures without sound, etc., but I just get nothing at all. It worked once and I got to see part of the Prayer Boat gig [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]but didn't have time to watch it all... And that one time it worked I didn't do anything different - just clicked on whatever player, same as usual. I just keep trying it again from time to time hoping that one day it'll work again.

sezmo 05-23-2004 04:39 PM

Now isn't that bizarre - just reset something in my firewall and gave it another go for the hell of it and hey presto it works. Watching Emmet right now. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]Now why didn't that work the last 10 times I tried it? [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Angela 05-23-2004 05:15 PM

That's like my ,mailbox that I tried 10 minutes to open in vain yesterday. A few hours later I tried again and it just worked [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Btyw, if you are on broadband you are being severd the hi-rez stereo file that cuts out at 70 minutes. If you want to see the rest of the gig (another 20 minutes, I think) you need to watch the low-rez mono version.[img]smileys/smiley29.gif[/img]

Enjoy [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

sezmo 05-27-2004 07:43 AM

Just found out that Emmet Tinley's playing a free Cafe Concert in Deventer on Wednesday, 2 June.

Time: 21.30

Details: http://80.89.232.168/site/agendadetail.m?id=6484

Edited by: sezmo

cille 05-27-2004 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela
Quote:

woah! lovely tune. lovely bright male voice, that emmett guy has. a lot of lovely intensity in the whole atmos of the song... now, why didn't i know this beautiful music???

Because you never were curious enough to ask who my avatar is. That's why! [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]actually i have a faint memory i actually did ask you, or at least that someone else did and i read your reply, i was just too ignorant to check out his work [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]but i was lost, and now i'm found, hallelujah!

cille 05-27-2004 10:20 AM

hey, great link, the fabchannel one - thanks! :-)

there's a great ani difranco concert there too, that i'm watching right now - woah, that girl rrrrocks![img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

marloes 05-27-2004 11:42 AM

Fabchannel rocks [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img] when it's working at least, right Sezmo [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Right now I'm listening to /watching Solomon Burke, if you like old soul music it's great [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

sezmo 05-27-2004 11:45 AM

Right! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Did you see my message on the previous page about the free gig? Probably too far away for me to go to on a weeknight though.

Mojo_Pin1980 05-27-2004 11:50 AM

I'll be there on the 12th as well. And yeah... I am having a hard time finding Polichinelle (you can mention my name Angela[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]).

marloes 05-27-2004 11:51 AM

yeah I noticed it, but Deventer is a bit out of the way for me too [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] It's nice that it's free, but I can see him in Amsterdam just 10 days later for not that much money either, so.. no I'm not going. I still have to buy my ticket though for paradiso, can't seem to get around to doing it, but it has never before been completely sold out so I should be fine.

marloes 05-27-2004 11:54 AM

Mojo, did you try Brutus/concerto/get records? Brutus definitely had it, so that's worth a try!Edited by: damien addict

Mojo_Pin1980 05-27-2004 11:56 AM

Magna Plaza, right? I'll have to check it out... thanks!

marloes 05-27-2004 12:02 PM

I hope they still have it, otherwise let me know then I can make a copy for you, that saves Angela some work and postage!
btw, I don't think i would ever say this about him, but you're Jeff ave scares me [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 05-27-2004 12:06 PM

Quote:

I hope they still have it, otherwise let me know then I can make a copy for you, that saves Angela some work and postage!

She already sent it![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]Thanks anyway!

Quote:

btw, I don't think i would ever say this about him, but you're Jeff ave scares me [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Seriously.. my av rules![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]ooh that was SOOOOO REEEAAAAALLL!!![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

marloes 05-27-2004 12:13 PM

Jeff rules, you're ave is scary!
but now I can actually hear him singing that song when I watch your ave, so that's cool [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

sezmo 05-27-2004 12:27 PM

Quote:

yeah I noticed it, but Deventer is a bit out of the way for me too [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] It's nice that it's free, but I can see him in Amsterdam just 10 days later for not that much money either, so.. no I'm not going. I still have to buy my ticket though for paradiso, can't seem to get around to doing it, but it has never before been completely sold out so I should be fine.

Same with me. Too far away. And already seeing him on the 12th so that's cool. [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

I know what you mean about not getting around to buying tickets. I never seem to find time to go to the main post office. That's why I just ordered these tickets online and had them posted to me. Much handier. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] Probably won't be sold out though like you say. But then it is only in the Kleine Zaal...

Angela 05-27-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sezmo
Just found out that Emmet Tinley's playing a free Cafe Concert in Deventer on Wednesday, 2 June.

Time: 21.30
Details: http://80.89.232.168/site/agendadetail.m?id=6484

Oh, thanks! I'll pass that around. I know quite a few of his fans in Holland.

Mojo_Pin1980 05-28-2004 09:32 AM

I think I'll go on June 2nd as well...

marloes 05-28-2004 09:55 AM

Yeah, I bought my ticket. It's quite annoying though when you're getting your ticket and the person at the postoffice doesn't have a clue who Emmett Tinley is and despite spelling his name 4 or 5 times she kept getting it wrong and saying that there was no such concert. [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] AAAAAhhhhrgg. stupid people. It's even worse when you're ordering your ticket at Fame for instance (biggest record store in Holland)where people should be familiar with all types of music and not just what's in the top 4o. I remember trying to get a ticket for badly drawn boy there once, It took me like 10 minutes before I finally had my ticket and then they still charge you those ridiculous service fees PER ticket. Bastards [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]
sorry for this rant, it just annoys me so much!

Mojo_Pin1980 05-28-2004 09:57 AM

There, there..[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

I've had similar experiences buying tix for Emmett, Josh, Bright Eyes, Damo, The Veils.. well, pretty much every gig I go to actually[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

sezmo 05-28-2004 10:04 AM

Aw, poor you! [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]There are an awful lot of stupid people out there though aren't there! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]I always have the same too. But recently I've become really lazy (and practical!) and just order tickets online. Only costs like 50 cents more for postage and they just send them by post.

I had a similar thing trying to get football tickets the other week (to the Holland-Ireland match). First they say yeah they're freely available now, and then all of a sudden they read the rules again and say "oops, you can only get them with an Ajax club card." Grrr! No worries though, we've got them now... just had wait and order them a copule of weeks later.

Mojo_Pin1980 05-28-2004 10:55 AM

I kinda like when the people at the post office don't know what I'm talking about... makes me feel cool![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Guess I'm not gonna see Emmett on the 2nd after all... my "date" couldn't make it..[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

marloes 06-02-2004 02:40 PM

So is anybody going to Deventer tonight?

sezmo 06-02-2004 02:45 PM

Not me. Too far away. Are you?

marloes 06-02-2004 02:51 PM

no, for the same reason. I'm curious though, so I thought maybe Mojo persuaded his date to come along after all... well maybe Angela can tell us later since she knows many dutch emmett fans apparently. maybe one of her friends will go tonight, then they can report back to Angela and Angela then can report back to us [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] or maybe I should just be patient and wait till the 12th, but patience has never been one of my strong points [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Angela 06-02-2004 03:03 PM

I know a few, but none of them lives near Deventer, I guess. They all said it's too far away, but they'll all be there on the 12th.

I had someone get me a spare poster from the Pradiso gig yesterday[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-02-2004 03:09 PM

Yeah if it was closer by I'd definitely go. Or if it wasn't a weeknight. Or if I didn't have so much work to do tomorrow.

Really looking forward to the 12th though. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-03-2004 09:15 AM

Quote:

so I thought maybe Mojo persuaded his date to come along after all...

No, apparently her boyfriend feels threatened by me (she's my ex)[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

cille 06-03-2004 11:06 AM

arh, the new bf... how i wish jealousy didnt exist!

(ok, that was an incredibly goofy remark, but i just wish there was no barriers to friendships)

marloes 06-03-2004 11:16 AM

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Cille, the eternal idealist [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-04-2004 10:14 AM

Quote:

arh, the new bf... how i wish jealousy didnt exist!

(ok, that was an incredibly goofy remark, but i just wish there was no barriers to friendships)

Well, you can't blame him for being distrustful considering the stunts he pulled himselfhttp://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-04-2004 10:58 AM

Stuntman was he? Performing stunts while you and your missus were still together?

Mojo_Pin1980 06-04-2004 11:06 AM

Something like that yeah..

Oh and uhm.. asking her to marry him..

..in a bar..

..when she was drunk..

..and I was there..

[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-04-2004 11:09 AM

Awfully lame stunt to pull on someone else's woman! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

And not very romantic either!

Did you give him a [img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]?