The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Get well soon, Damien! (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17312)

carrroline 10-14-2014 05:56 AM

Get well soon, Damien!

I'm very sorry for everyone that got disappointed, but thought it might be nice to express our support to the man himself. It probably feels awful when you have to cancel a show and know you're letting down fans that have been waiting a long time to see you.

Damien, I hope you feel better soon. Take all the rest you need.
And I hope we'll get to see you when you're all better.

Big hug x

glo32 10-14-2014 06:30 AM

Fair play for trying to play the show any way, he must hate to have to cancel and I'm sure he was really in pain if he left after six songs...
Get well Damien! ;)

borneoman 10-14-2014 06:39 AM

for what I understand it was not a voice problem but an ear infection + associated dizziness

get well soon!!!!!!! :hello:

irishsamurai 10-14-2014 06:40 AM

Has he cancelled his show in toronto?!

mandarific 10-14-2014 06:48 AM

What I saw tonight was fantastic. Hope you get lots of rest, Damo, and we'll see you soon!!! Feel better!!!

cuuliem 10-14-2014 08:54 AM

Same here

verenita 10-14-2014 09:04 AM

best wishes from here too :wave:

i´m suffering from earing impairment since last december (so it´s kind of new still) and it´s absolutely annoying and hard to deal with sometimes! infection + dizzeness... definitely not good. fair play for trying.

ashleyz 10-14-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishsamurai (Post 376145)
Has he cancelled his show in toronto?!

I appreciate your nervousness, I feel it too but this is a place for us to just express positive get well wishes for Damien. Lets just do that...not worry about the shows. Just on this one thread

ashleyz 10-14-2014 01:20 PM

I really hope he's alright! The audio someone put up sounded like he said he couldn't feel/hear anything because of how dizzy he was. That's a really bad ear infection. Hopefully he can get some antibiotics and just rest with this extra time off. It's really nice to see the positive response from the fans at the Chicago show...I'm sure it was hard for him to leave so having his fans support is probably an awesome feeling.

signalfire 10-14-2014 01:24 PM

Ear infections are a beast. It's so hard to function when everything in your head feels off calibration. I hope he feels better soon, for his own comfort first!

conanemily 10-14-2014 01:27 PM

Get well soon!

Shillelagh 10-14-2014 01:29 PM

Thanks for trying to tough it out bud. Love ya. Feel better.

DesoleInBoston 10-14-2014 01:33 PM

Get well soon Damien! Your integrity and dedication to your fans is incredibly honorable and so appreciated. Wishing you rest, tea and a complete recovery.

RenataAQP 10-14-2014 01:43 PM

Wishing he gets better soon. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for him to cancel these shows :(

borneoman 10-14-2014 01:46 PM

after reading in here I thought, wow, people are really understanding but somebody pointed me to fb, and there people are really bitching about Damien and they´re not very understanding, everybody is like, oh I paid 5000 dollars for a tix and now there´s no show, or this other guy saying oh Damien is really the greatest bastard :(

ear infections are painful, especially when the pain starts in the middle of the night and you don´t have drops or antibiotics and you have to wait til morning to get to the doctor...but I´d say on my experience, the minute you start taking drops/antibiotics the pain goes away, 2/3 days on antibiotics and you should be fine

lod 10-14-2014 01:48 PM

What would you say to your own private nurse?

I can offer my services to nurse you back to health Damien :-D.. I'm excellent and will look after you so well,lots of TLC <3 ..Joking aside, hope Damien is well soon, and gets the care and rest he needs.. These things happen and it shows the man he is that he tried to perform, while unwell..hope he is well soon..and can continue bringing joy to all his fans xx

Shillelagh 10-14-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 376175)
after reading in here I thought, wow, people are really understanding but somebody pointed me to fb, and there people are really bitching about Damien and they´re not very understanding, everybody is like, oh I paid 5000 dollars for a tix and now there´s no show, or this other guy saying oh Damien is really the greatest bastard :(

ear infections are painful, especially when the pain starts in the middle of the night and you don´t have drops or antibiotics and you have to wait til morning to get to the doctor...but I´d say on my experience, the minute you start taking drops/antibiotics the pain goes away, 2/3 days on antibiotics and you should be fine

People were pretty rude in the theatre too. Lots of what the fücks. Couple people yelled at him to get back on stage and finish. To which I yelked at them that he's sick and doesn't owe you shït. A few girls were crying in the lobby. It was really weird.

carrroline 10-14-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lod (Post 376176)
I can offer my services to nurse you back to health Damien :-D.. I'm excellent and will look after you so well,lots of TLC <3

Can I apply for that job as well? :)
( I'm good at making soup and tea and I'm really quiet :) )

lod 10-14-2014 02:18 PM

Ah now here Caroline I offered first... ;-)

irishsamurai 10-14-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyz (Post 376164)
I appreciate your nervousness, I feel it too but this is a place for us to just express positive get well wishes for Damien. Lets just do that...not worry about the shows. Just on this one thread

I hope Damien gets well as much as anyone.

eva_arg 10-14-2014 02:32 PM

wishing him a speady recovery. Ear infections are the worst.

carrroline 10-14-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lod (Post 376179)
Ah now here Caroline I offered first... ;-)

Ah, but i offered to cook, that's got to count for something :p

823freckles 10-14-2014 06:31 PM

Damien: Even sick last night, I was in awe of how amazing you were! I hope you feel better soon, and we'll be happy to welcome you back to Chicago when you do. :)

InspirationDestination 10-14-2014 06:38 PM

Sending healing and comforting thoughts! Feel better!

Joyful 10-14-2014 06:41 PM

Rest up and feel better!!

ElephantMan 10-14-2014 06:58 PM

i would be so bummed if i went to chicago show or toronto tickets...but people should respect that the life of a musician aint easy...their is no calling in sick when u have a cold or not in mental spirits to perform but have to anyway....the fact that made an attempt should be appreciated

ramiendice 10-14-2014 08:59 PM

I believe I read someone wrote after not performing for 8 years now he gets sick and decided to walk off stage... Others were saying he's rude for not continuing.. some people are beyond ignorant.

If your sick your sick. He's a human being not a singing-guitar playing robot made for our amusement. It would of been my first DR show tonight in Toronto. Yes it sucks but his health comes first. Everyone has been sick before, its not fun, you can't think straight.
These people need to give the guy a break and some chicken noodle. He'll return shortly.

lod 10-15-2014 12:54 PM

would love to know how Damien is now!

Was looking on fb to see if there was any news re Damien's health...would love to know how he is..hopefully 24 hrs later he's on antibiotics and feeling a little better..Wishing him a speedy recovery, and hope he is getting lots of love,support and TLC! it's hard to be away frm home 🏡 when u feel miserable.. Sending you loads of positivity Damien xxxx

nottoolatetostart 10-16-2014 12:21 AM

Get well soon. Sending some good vibes!

citlali 10-16-2014 04:36 AM

I wish him the best forces in his recovery process.