The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wow, DC brought it! And so did Damien of course... :) (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17604)

Beat Surrender 04-04-2015 08:34 PM

Maybe I heard that little exchange somehow over all the other din of selfies being taken and thought I'd heard the song ;)

Moves-My-World 04-04-2015 09:00 PM

It Takes A Lot... was played! In my opinion, it's easily the best song on MFFF so I'm very happy to see that it has made its way into the setlists :)

Beat Surrender 04-04-2015 09:08 PM

Played for a good 10 minutes as well!

conanemily 04-04-2015 09:34 PM

I thought he played it a couple days before already? But still, what a wonderful performance last night! 10 plus minutes for sure

Moves-My-World 04-04-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conanemily (Post 381790)
I thought he played it a couple days before already? But still, what a wonderful performance last night! 10 plus minutes for sure

I think it was first played at the super special Montreal show and I haven't noticed it since. So glad you guys enjoyed the gig so much.

Beat Surrender 04-04-2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 381746)
beatsurrender, thank you so much for your review. i could feel it was very intense and i´m just so happy for all the people who were there, including damien.

the volcano thing became quite usual and everybody loves it and gets into it evey time he does it! in dublin, volcano was the second (!!!) song and yet he managed to hooked us all up and enjoyed! one of the highlights for me.

as for 9 crimes, he gets very intense, with both piano and guitar, but i don´t think he sang those lines before. not that i recall, at least.

about the requesting/shouting out songs you guys mentioned, i think it works well sometimes... but i do have the feeling the man himself makes it clear if he wants to carry on or shut everyone´s mouth up. it seems to me he welcomed the request during the show, but i wasn´t there, so i don´t know. i´m glad he played again what if i´m wrong and i hope he considers to include it as a regular from time to time.

Hello again, you may be going to the Beacon in which case you won't see this for awhile, but when you have a chance, do you have any video of other times Damien had lots of people get onstage to sing the end of Volcano? I was trying to explain to a non-Damo-fan how much fun and magical it was, and video would help a ton. What were some other shows he did this, maybe I can look on youtube? THANKS in advance!

verenita 04-04-2015 10:28 PM

hey, i would say most of the shows from 2008/2009 onwards. i was on stage back in benos aires (man, what a gig!) and then was part of the crow in ferrara, italy, as we couldn´t get to the stage.

here a few vids:

korea 2011

grafton street 2013

whelans 2014

there are plenty out there :D

Beat Surrender 04-04-2015 10:38 PM

TOTAL AWESOMENESS!!! Thank you so much for such a quick response! Looks like the 1st one is the most like what happened last night - those are random audience members and not a choir? On first initial look it seemed like most folks were wearing the same colors!

Coolness, thank you so so much! And great, sounds like your Buenos Aires gig was stellar!

conanemily 04-04-2015 10:39 PM

Damien just liked my photo on Instagram... Hmmmmm

Beat Surrender 04-04-2015 10:47 PM

:) :) :)

What is it of? Something from last night?

verenita 04-04-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beat Surrender (Post 381800)
TOTAL AWESOMENESS!!! Thank you so much for such a quick response! Looks like the 1st one is the most like what happened last night - those are random audience members and not a choir? On first initial look it seemed like most folks were wearing the same colors!

Coolness, thank you so so much! And great, sounds like your Buenos Aires gig was stellar!

it was for sure. the little man said it himself. he was about to cancel due to the time of the year (january, 40ºC in the shadow and nobody in the city), but it turned out to be the first one to be sold out :D

here´s a much better video (no offense to any recorder) of volcano at whelans, with the professor.

verenita 04-04-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conanemily (Post 381801)
Damien just liked my photo on Instagram... Hmmmmm

:):icon_thum
could you post it, please?

conanemily 04-04-2015 10:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This one!

verenita 04-04-2015 10:52 PM

Beat Surrender 04-04-2015 10:56 PM

Awesome!!!!

damien lisa 04-08-2015 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conanemily (Post 381735)
I recorded the whole gig, if you need it I can pm it to you when I get home tomorrow! I saw five of his shows by far, that one is really the best.

Haha today I guess I just want to get a little bit closer to him... He looks so relaxed and happy! I'm so glad I came today, 6 hours on bus was totally worth it

ah, can u pls send it to me