The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Stuff (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   how to melodise your lyrics (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6584)

shane_b 11-23-2004 12:14 PM

i seem to be able to write loads of lyrics, but the tough bit is
putting them into a decent melody that is not crap anyone got any tips

dark_red_iris 11-23-2004 05:16 PM

ya write a chord progression! like is nice n merlodic say Am c Em ok now play them and sing the lyrics let them flow dont make them fit! if u have to chage the way u have written the sentence then do so! try humming the tune while readying the lyrics!

Jgrg1984 11-23-2004 11:40 PM

i have loads and loads of guitar parts and lyrics without any corresponding parts. i write more lyrics as well, but i tend to just set them aside and wait. dont force things. the beautiful things, the special things not just in music, but life in general come naturally. most of all, dont get stressed out. i used to early on, but now i realize everything just falls into place.

have fun.

reyvee61 11-24-2004 07:11 AM

I have a really hard time if lyrics just come to me without a melody....

I find it much easier if I have a guitar in my hands when a melody comes to meandwrite lyrics that way.......

Peace

reyvee61 11-24-2004 07:12 AM

But then i guess most of my songs dont really have much of a melody.[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Failing Upwards 11-24-2004 07:20 AM

Listen to some taking back sunday and read the lyrics from the booklet along with it. There are a bunch of lines they don't use, and Adam uses the lyrics in some unconventional ways, breaking up some of the words in fun ways too. Good Luck.

By the way, I wish I could write lyrics, only occasionally i can, most of the time just themusic.

Mozza 12-07-2004 10:55 AM

If you can't feel the song then the lyrics are obviously not right. Try and work out a tune in your head and then fit the lyrics to it that way - the lyrics should fit the song not the other way around!

jayavo 12-08-2004 03:47 PM

ya sign a release and send me your lyrics. i cant seem to write decent lyrics. essays yes, lyrics not so much. so ill just use yours [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

jason

"When I see multitudes of entirely naked savages scorn European voluptuousness and endure hunger, fire, the sword and death to preserve only their independence, I feel that it does not behoove slaves to reason about freedom."

- Jean Jacques Rousseau (1712-1778)

-oli 12-19-2004 09:27 PM

i have the EXACT same problem. but i doubt you can be told how to "make them fit"

at first i just thought "dam, this is really bad" but it is really a good thing. i write poetry and music as two seperate "things". not concentrating on struggling to fit the words to music has given me time to work on and improve them independantly. who knows who you might meet in the future. someone who has the opposite abilities as you and you can become the next lennon/mcartneyEdited by: -oli

-oli 12-19-2004 09:29 PM

...well, shane_b/mcartney.

lennon cant be replaced.