The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Remember Dogs? (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12993)

A Lonely Soldier 01-18-2007 08:29 PM

Remember Dogs?

remember whe damien played dogs on the ellen degeneres show about two months ago? did anyone see that or capture it? ive been dying to see it!

Spamlet 01-18-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Lonely Soldier
remember whe damien played dogs on the ellen degeneres show about two months ago? did anyone see that or capture it? ive been dying to see it!

It was supposed to be airing in Britain this month I thought I remembered reading. That said, it was one of Damo's most visibly uncomfortable/nervous US TV appearances to date. He didn't use to get like that on American tv shows so I wonder what's changed this year? Either way though, he didn't really relax until he finally got to let loose on the bridge which is 80% of the way through.

Riven 01-19-2007 12:46 AM

I recorded it to a DVD when it was on tv. I could try to transfer it to my computer and then put it up on YouTube or something. I've never done anything like that before, but I know someone who can so I'll ask him about helping me with it. It might take a couple days for me to get in touch with him though. But I'll try tp have it up on YouTube eventually. :smiley1:

I'll post again when I get it up.

administrator 01-19-2007 10:31 AM

i have it now, and i want to put it up... but the file is a bit too big... i'm trying to figure out how to reduce the size of an mpeg file...

also, i don't think he looks even slightly nervous in it! and they all seem to get on really well with ellen, big hugs all round like they're friends.

Riven 01-20-2007 05:32 PM

Ok, so I have the video now and I was all ready to upload it to YouTube, but when I got to the upload page I saw this warning: " Do not upload any TV shows, music videos, music concerts, or commercials without permission unless they consist entirely of content you created yourself.""

So I guess this means that I won't be able to upload it afterall?? I don't have permission and it is a TV show. I don't want to do anything against the rules, so unless there's some exception I'm not going to do it.

But I know there are a lot of other clips of Damien on TV on YouTube, so is this a rule that is not really enforced? Do you think I'd be ok if I put it up? If you guys think I can then I will still go ahead and upload it.

beatleboogie 01-20-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riven
Ok, so I have the video now and I was all ready to upload it to YouTube, but when I got to the upload page I saw this warning: " Do not upload any TV shows, music videos, music concerts, or commercials without permission unless they consist entirely of content you created yourself.""

So I guess this means that I won't be able to upload it afterall?? I don't have permission and it is a TV show. I don't want to do anything against the rules, so unless there's some exception I'm not going to do it.

But I know there are a lot of other clips of Damien on TV on YouTube, so is this a rule that is not really enforced? Do you think I'd be ok if I put it up? If you guys think I can then I will still go ahead and upload it.

SIN SIN SIN! :D

LaurenM 01-20-2007 05:50 PM

yeah thousands of videos are uploaded to youtube every minute. there's no way they'll even see it, and if they did you wouldnt get in trouble. the fact is the youtube people don't even care.
i say STICK IT TO THE MAN! :icon_ramb

caeskimofriend 01-20-2007 06:26 PM

The worst they will do is take it down. People put videos like this up all the time.

Riven 01-20-2007 06:33 PM

Yeah, well the way I see it it's not like you could even buy it if you wanted to, right? I'd have a problem with uploading a video that you could buy, because that would be cheating the artist. But for something like this a lot of people couldn't see it when it was on TV just because they were in a different country and that's unfair.

So anyway, I'm uploading now!

LaurenM 01-20-2007 06:35 PM

yay! :D

ste_swann 01-20-2007 06:52 PM

Thank you!

Riven 01-20-2007 07:07 PM

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uilnuzosp8

Sorry for the bad YouTube quality.

I also think that he doesn't look very nervous in it - he seems to be enjoying himself! He's certainly a lot more comfortable than when he did those 9 Crimes performances earlier.

(Edit: Looks like its not really up yet. But that should be the link when it is...try it again in a couple minutes)
(Edit2: It's working now! Enjoy)

Gatsby 01-20-2007 07:21 PM

Thanks alot for posting it up. I think he looks nervous but not uncomfortable. Seems the lights are quite bright for him due to the rapid eye movement

i didnt think they were going to pan the camera onto any of the rest of the band for a while. seemed all about damien.

Sounded great tho:icon_kidr

sissy0584 01-20-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riven

Thanks for posting!!!! i was looking for it and i couldn't find it... :oops: :hello2:

walker 01-20-2007 07:25 PM

Nice video! I wonder who's on his t-shirt?

ste_swann 01-20-2007 07:32 PM

Thanks a lot, great performance! I love this song!

Valentino 01-20-2007 08:00 PM

Riven, thank you so much for posting that video. I actually had my Dish DVR set to record the show but I apparently didn't confirm the recording with my TV so I ended up missing it. But yeah, thanks again. :smiley32:

GoodCatGoneBad 01-20-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenBledsoe
there's no way they'll even see it, and if they did you wouldnt get in trouble. the fact is the youtube people don't even care.
:icon_ramb

Not true. I uploaded Ray LaMontagne on Jay Leno and was contacted in less than 24 hours due to copyright infringement on behalf of Universal or whatever company it was. (That was quick!) They took it down, gave me a slap on the wrist although my account was not deleted. But I was warned not to do it again, or YouTube would give my account the boot.

LaurenM 01-20-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodCatGoneBad
Not true. I uploaded Ray LaMontagne on Jay Leno and was contacted in less than 24 hours due to copyright infringement on behalf of Universal or whatever company it was. (That was quick!) They took it down, gave me a slap on the wrist although my account was not deleted. But I was warned not to do it again, or YouTube would give my account the boot.

oh wow what a pain in the arse

Soleillily 01-20-2007 09:30 PM

Thanks for uploading...I'd been looking out for it :)

GoodCatGoneBad 01-20-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenBledsoe
oh wow what a pain in the arse

Exactly! I just wanted to share it with a few Ray fans, I didn't mean any harm....Although I do believe it wasn't YouTube who found it, it must have been Universal who contacted YouTube because in the email they said it was on behalf of the 3rd party. Maybe some of the talk shows have some type of legal teams who search for stuff like this. I thought it was going to be ok, because I saw a crap load of Leno videos up. Oh well.

but anyways, I hope the Ellen show stays up!

Ships_Were_Sailin 01-20-2007 11:39 PM

thanks for posting that up it was awsome :D

no matter if you get in trouble, its worth it to see a damien show.

Rice fans are rebels without a cause!!

Goshou 01-21-2007 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spamlet
It was supposed to be airing in Britain this month I thought I remembered reading. That said, it was one of Damo's most visibly uncomfortable/nervous US TV appearances to date. He didn't use to get like that on American tv shows so I wonder what's changed this year? Either way though, he didn't really relax until he finally got to let loose on the bridge which is 80% of the way through.

I'd say he was a little nervous, but he also seemed to be quite sick (note the ridiculous amount of reverb) and that, I think, was the source of his nervousness. Regardless, pretty neat performance.