The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Shane Is Alright (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11358)

Bumpman 09-27-2006 10:55 AM

Shane Is Alright

Although early reports suggested otherwise, new data has been intercepted pointing to confirmation of earlier dubious claims to the contrary. Attention everyone; He's alright.

In other (real) news, Vyv's gig in Temple Bar last night was pretty fantastic. I was going to take down a setlist but then I didn't bother, It was pretty much packed full of people though, and my chair was broken, despite much of the queueing to get a good spot. She was wearing red boots, and when some fellow (who was meant to play the cello) didn't show up, some guy (Ben) from the audience got up and joined the band in a somewhat off the cuff, bohemian rhapsody. It didn't start for about two and a half hours after the doors opened, apparently something to do with her tights or something. Also, Lisa was there, we were going to ask her if Elephant was The Blower's Daughter Part II, but then we became afraid and just left her alone. Also, any of y'all who haven't actually bothered to buy Birdtalk yet, shame on you, perhaps crows will peck your eyes out in some kind of literary justice. All the waiting for new records by the band, then one comes out, and no-one gives a toss. What is wrong with you? Anyway enough of this sh*te. Bottom line;

Vyv was great.
Buy Birdtalk.
Shane is alright (apparently).

cille 09-27-2006 11:07 AM

Why should Shane not be alright????!!??

Closing_Doors 09-27-2006 11:15 AM

It was touch and go there for a while but as we investigated further we discovered he was in fact "alright".

cille 09-27-2006 11:17 AM

meh

Closing_Doors 09-27-2006 11:22 AM

I'll let Shane know you were thinking of him though.

With regard to Vyv's gig, well worth the few quid. Unfortunately I imagine it'll be the last one for a while seeing as Damien will most likely be touring heavily once the album comes out.

Really liked that song "She Can't Wait To Get Her Hands On The Inheritance", can't remember having heard it before.

Bumpman 09-27-2006 12:29 PM

She played it at the electric picnic, You weren't there because you're not indie and underrated enough. It was probably the best I've seen Vyv play thus far, up until this tour I think I'd been to all her gigs, but what with the flying all over the country and all that I figured one was enough this time 'round. As for the "alrightness" of Shane; It's an in joke Cille, you wouldn't understand (You're not indie and underrated enough).

cille 09-27-2006 12:31 PM

yeah i *really* appreciate your in joke tis hilarious.

oh and btw i know what tis means in danish but it's an in thing so... alas.

Bumpman 09-27-2006 12:37 PM

I was strolling around near college yesterday, and all of a sudden there was Shane walking down the street, So I said, How are ya Shane? To which he replied, I'm alright. Later I was speaking to Mr. Doors outside the doors of the TBMC, I mentioned that I had bumped into shane, Mr. Doors asked how he was, I said that I had an answer straight from the horse's mouth. He was in fact... alright. Then someone made the joke that it should be a thread on eskimofriends, as some kind of literary tragedy representing the amount of blatantly silly things that are often posted here.

And so the in joke is out of the closet.

cille 09-27-2006 12:40 PM

yah yah, that didn't make it any funnier though ;) and I know nothing of any silly postings here, you must be thinking of a different forum.

as pinks could also inform you, tis means pee in danish.

Bumpman 09-27-2006 12:42 PM

I think it's funny, and I've had my fun, and that's all that matters.

Yetzirah 09-27-2006 01:09 PM

i don't know. i had a great time reading this. made me forget the stormy, wet weather outside a bit. :smiley36:

cille 09-27-2006 01:13 PM

yeah it was a bit of fun for my old overrated major-label mainstream self too, I was just bitchin for the fun of it.

Yetzirah 09-27-2006 01:16 PM

cille, your comments contributed a lot to it... i have to say... :icon_pray

Closing_Doors 09-27-2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
up until this tour I think I'd been to all her gigs, but what with the flying all over the country and all that I figured one was enough this time 'round.

If you truly were indie and underrated you'd have been at Whelans gig in July of last year. Burn :p

And as for Cille, I thought it was hi - larious :smiley4:

Miss Pink 09-27-2006 06:02 PM

TIS TIS TIS TIS TIS TIS TIS TIS TIS

CILLE..u must teach me the other bold words i have forgotten

cille 09-27-2006 06:10 PM

Try LORT, 'tis like lord only it means poo - a word I know you are particularly fond of under certain circumstances.

Miss Pink 09-28-2006 08:15 AM

AGHHH i forgot that word..i forgot how good it was!

tis lort tis lort tis lort

Bumpman 09-28-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Closing_Doors
If you truly were indie and underrated you'd have been at Whelans gig in July of last year. Burn :p

I was hoping that no-one would mention that. You and your bloody memory Ian, curse you to the dankest pits of despair. Oh dear god I'm so mainstream... Now I'll have to release a concept record with the same note over and over again, start namedropping Igor Stravinsky, and start wearing a jacket fashioned out of my own righteous sense of self worth. Then I'll be suitably underrated again.

Miss Pink 09-28-2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
Oh dear god I'm so mainstream....

yeah you are esp with the sean john t-shirt.....

Bumpman 09-28-2006 07:15 PM

It's true... I love puff daddy so much (or whatever nipple related thing he's calling hmself these days).

Miss Pink 09-28-2006 09:07 PM

i belive its p diddy smiddy fiddy willy billy silly combs.

Bumpman 09-28-2006 09:24 PM

Apparently the longest name that someone has ever had is

Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvim John Kenneth Loyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor Willian Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorffvoralternwareng ewissenhaftschaferswesenchafewarenwholgepflegeunds orgfaltigkeitbeschutzenvonangereifenduchihrraubgir iigfeindewelchevorralternzwolftausendjahresvorandi eerscheinenbanderersteerdeemmeshedrraumschiffgebra uchlichtalsseinursprungvonkraftgestartseinlangefah rthinzwischensternartigraumaufdersuchenachdiestern welshegehabtbewohnbarplanetenkreisedrehensichundwo hinderneurassevanverstandigmenshlichkeittkonntevor tpflanzenundsicherfreunanlebenslamdlichfreudeundru hemitnichteinfurchtvorangreifenvonandererintlligen tgeschopfsvonhinzwischensternartigraum Senior

I think he shortened it down to Mr. Hubert Wolfe though. I think it was a good decision on his part.

Miss Pink 09-28-2006 09:26 PM

well my name is fdsahlpogalwehbyaiogdsahyu90QW3974YTOWAIUFDSIEOBLH E8IOA0harb89A
0Sfdsjaoighaf89osfdhsoefhar9fauoispfjnau9isdfheasi ofhd8is\foh

you can see why iv kept it a secret till now

Bumpman 09-28-2006 09:34 PM

I was under the assumption that we were all putting our names under our catchy titles, and there I was calling you 'Eskimo Regular' for so long. Which in fairness wasn't as bad as Heimat Maniac though. I'm still pretty confident that that's her real name.

Miss Pink 09-28-2006 09:38 PM

i think we should start a poll....

but back on point..im glad shane is alright

Bumpman 09-28-2006 09:48 PM

As am I, I'd hate to think of him being an any other form.