The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "o" is like a story (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3186)

sadistic_bunny 04-01-2004 07:01 PM

hey.. first timer here...long time loverof damo tho. ok so here goes.. maybe im mad but i think the entire album of "o" is a long story about relationships.

1.delicate-basically the tentative beginnings of a relationship-"its not that were scared-just that its delicate" kinda nervous..gentle feelings

2.volcano-getting2 into a relationship that envitably will end, dont build ur hope up "what i am to you is not real"

3. blewers daughter- the obsession in a relationship- but realisation it is just a phase "cant take my eyes of u..til i find somebody new"

4.cannonball-the actual break up. "still a little bit of your song in my ear"

5. older chests- getting thru the break up with help from people and realisation that life goes on- "we all need the help of some one else"

6. amie- remembering the lost youthful love "amie come sit on my wall"

7.cheers darlin'- the bitterness that she has moved on.

i know thats not it but i think its pretty coherant..maybe im crazy..but the great thing about damo is...he songs mean different things to everyone.

please reply and make me feel loved.

administrator 04-01-2004 07:07 PM

hey gemma! welcome to eskimo friends! [img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img] where in ireland are you from? if you're from cork you get an extra star ;)

Louise 04-01-2004 07:10 PM

hey I resent that Emmett! I got no such treatment!!!!

Anyway, hi and welcome. there are other eskimos who agree that o is like a story so im sure you'll feel right at home.

sadistic_bunny 04-01-2004 07:10 PM

nope...limerick unfortunatly..excuse me for a second while i pick up my 8th child and take the kinife from his 5yr old hands.. wev to visit his father in jail tonight. i jest of course how un loyal of me[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

The Weatherman 04-01-2004 07:10 PM

i think that's interesting what you did there, very nice! [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]
oh and welcome! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

sadistic_bunny 04-01-2004 07:13 PM

thank you... i certainly didnt stay up all night in a dark room with a pen and paper playing "o" over and over again..ha ha! i swear i didn't. wow people here are a lot friendlier then in the official site. how do i get a witty remark at the end of my posts?

Louise 04-01-2004 07:14 PM

go up to settings, and then go into edit profile, and then type it into the signature section. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

sadistic_bunny 04-01-2004 07:19 PM

thanking you... i cant believe i just saw a post from ethiopia.. damo touches people from all over...literally.

Sionna 04-01-2004 07:21 PM

Hey gemma!!!I go to college in limerick,and theres a few limerick ladies round this forum too,wahay join the gang! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

sadistic_bunny 04-01-2004 07:23 PM

ha! handy out..i havent quite made it to college yet tho..still slaving away in 6th yr..what college?

administrator 04-01-2004 07:24 PM

aw sorry, no extra stars then! but welcome anyway!! hope you'll stick around and keep posting!

sadistic_bunny 04-01-2004 07:26 PM

i will since i got such an upbeat welcome...and iv got the last laugh..as we speak im drawing stars on myself [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]thanks..wow emmets like the cool older boy with the 5stars.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Sionna 04-01-2004 07:27 PM

I'm in LIT,my friends go to UL and Mary I,my exams finish tomorrow,woohoo!!

sadistic_bunny 04-01-2004 07:29 PM

oh right a technical whizz then are we? im hopin to go to dui and if not mary i, it has to be said tho..not the most exciting of campuses is it?

Sionna 04-01-2004 07:31 PM

Haha Mary Dry is what we know it as [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img],although in fairness to them they put on a good rag week.Not that Lit is much better,but the people there are brill.Hope u get what ya want!

Magnus 04-01-2004 07:35 PM

Welcome Gemma! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Oh.. Emmett runs this site... ahemandheisscheatingwiththosestarsbutheisstillaver yniceguyan dyouareabsolutelyrightpatriciaiamsorryididntmeanto stealyourl ineahemEdited by: Magnus

Donsie B! 04-01-2004 07:39 PM

Thats deep...real deep[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]!

Dam u emmett... throwsomeofthoseflashystarsmywayorelseyouwillpayth eprice...a fterallwhoREALLYneedstheirthumbs?

Donsie B! 04-01-2004 07:41 PM

U dam....shouldnt threathen to remove peoples thumbs after all do unto others as you'd hav them done unto u....soz emm!![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

sadistic_bunny 04-01-2004 07:42 PM

i thought as much when he offered me stars if i was from cork(boy) alas i am not...im hoping to gain starsfrom my general coolness (hopeful glance at emmet)...doesnt seem to be working.

sadistic_bunny 04-01-2004 07:44 PM

that kinda talk donnie...sounds like you want your thumbs removed.....(ding dong......its me..coming to take your thumbs)

The Weatherman 04-01-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadistic_bunny
im hoping to gain stars*from my general coolness (hopeful glance at emmet)...doesnt seem to be working.

if i had the power, you'd definitely get stars for general coolness, and friendliness! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

véro 04-01-2004 09:32 PM

As you said Bunny, "o" is a story...

"o" here in France, it isan erotic novel, and it had been adapted to cinema!

sadistic_bunny 04-02-2004 01:33 PM

oh wow "weatherman" thats actually very lovely...why! i do believe im getting a tad misty..just something in my eye....

ya i heard it was an erotic novel about dominance or something.. or it could represent an orgasm or the never ending circle of life..eh??.EH? throw some stars my way for insightfulness

marina 04-02-2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

nope...limerick unfortunatly..excuse me for a second while i pick up my 8th child and take the kinife from his 5yr old hands.. wev to visit his father in jail tonight. i jest of course how un loyal of me[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

im from Limerick too!! (well west Limerick but living in the city at the moment)but i only know one Gemma...went to school with her

Lemonhead 04-02-2004 05:34 PM

hi gemma! i was in a bookshop the other day and i picked up a book on bunny suicides!!! no kidding![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]it was cool!

and stick around emmett, he's the best![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

ahem andistheonlyonewhocangetyoumorestarsandPOWER!!! ahem

sadistic_bunny 04-02-2004 05:52 PM

wow......where does this blessed book reside??? i only took the name cuz i thought it would make me cool so all the older kids would let me play with them........i was wrong. i really like this message board...friendly people.. good wine..witty quotes...insightful thoughts.. yes.. i think i shall set up camp.

oh...my.....god!!ladies and gents...i officially have two stars.. im having a party and your all invited (not really of course dont be silly)

The Weatherman 04-02-2004 06:03 PM

Quote:

oh wow "weatherman" thats actually very lovely...why! i do believe im getting a tad misty..just something in my eye....

no need for sarcasm!!! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

sadistic_bunny 04-03-2004 12:31 PM

no seriously...not sarcastic!!! im genuinely pleased with the lovely response...apologies if it sounded mean, completely unintentional

The Weatherman 04-03-2004 03:19 PM

Quote:

no seriously...not sarcastic!!! im genuinely pleased with the lovely response...apologies if it sounded mean, completely unintentional

It's ok, i cried myself to sleep though. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

SisterMidnight 04-03-2004 03:33 PM

Hi Gemma!!! Welcome to the igloo! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]Glad you found your way over here. You were the friendliest person I met over on the "official" site (though I never go there anymore) and I'm sooooo happy to see you posting here now. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Sis~

ps-- you and Miss Pink remind me a lot of each other. You two should hook up and chat sometime. She likes jumping too! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]