The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will he go up, up, up or down, down. (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8955)

noshorterthan3characters 07-19-2005 08:09 PM

Will he go up, up, up or down, down.

Will damien go better than before in future years or fall? There have been talks of him not as good as before. The solo gigs 4 example

Cali 07-19-2005 08:23 PM

what was wrong with the last 4 gigs? i think he used to have much more fun when he wasn't 'famous' and now playing in front of an audience feels like a job to him

unspokenanswer 07-19-2005 08:37 PM

I think that he will go "up, up, up". I am, however, a quixotic optimist who thinks that nothing is wrong until something happens. Also, having never seen him perform live *any news of New York?*, I can not honestly say. However, I do believe that listening to interviews from the past year and a half-ish, he seems to be dissatisfied with his place. Not so much his place persay, but just with the road fame hias carried him along. He isn't one of those guys that does things to get himself in to the lime light; seems to avoid that at all costs. He might get too big for his own liking. If that happens, I think he'll start fading on us. The love of the music is in him, though, definitely. It is, I believe, a question of morality for him.

Livo 07-19-2005 08:56 PM

well, he says the next album will be heavier. he has so many fans now because of his slow, poetic, "sweet" (i talk of the people who buy the album but only ever listen to the blower's daughter) music. thus, if the next album is completely off the wall, he'll lose those fans. either that or he'll become much more popular because it will appeal to both those fans, the original fans and new people who didn't take an interest in o but do in his next album. i think if he gets too famous he'll just plunge himself away from music and play in really obscure places.

dramaking 07-19-2005 09:03 PM

well, he will have his ups and downs, just like everyone else...

brb8y215 07-22-2005 06:38 AM

i hope that he gets big big bigger because he deserves it. However, i hope he keeps the same style and passion for his music as well. So hopefully it all works out in the end for all of us who enjoy ALL of his work not just blowers daughter

cille 07-23-2005 10:44 AM

i think he will go up and down, then a bit more down, then up up, then straight ahead and take the next turn to the left.

damofan 07-24-2005 10:05 AM

Think its been toooo bloody long since we've had any new material out of him and ill be really disapointed if all he does on his next album is shove all the b sides we already have on there!!! needs to come back with a new album - entirely new material to keep us hanging in there! dont mind waiting if its gonna be good!!

gregamiepgy 07-24-2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damofan
Think its been toooo bloody long since we've had any new material out of him and ill be really disapointed if all he does on his next album is shove all the b sides we already have on there!!! needs to come back with a new album - entirely new material to keep us hanging in there! dont mind waiting if its gonna be good!!

but... but... i don't have the b-sides!! i won't mind his releasing those officially
:(

eskimo_friendly 07-24-2005 04:18 PM

Maybe the record company are afraid he was a one-album wonder... too afraid to take a chance on him... and thus the delay!

Cali 07-24-2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregamiepgy
but... but... i don't have the b-sides!! i won't mind his releasing those officially
:(

they have been officially released. the cd is pretty good too

http://www.damienrice.com/catalog/images/b-sides.JPG

http://www.damienrice.com/catalog/pr...products_id=73

Cali 07-24-2005 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i just realised that my b-sides look different :smiley22:

eskimo_friendly 07-24-2005 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali
i just realised that my b-sides look different :smiley22:

That's the non-UK version - the one without that bonus track, the radio remix of Cannonball.

theiny 07-24-2005 09:24 PM

a lot of artists usually go down after producing a masterpiece album. im not sure about damien, lets just hope its an up.

dizzy cannon 07-24-2005 10:44 PM

well dont most artists go down after producing a masterpiece albulm because they rush to make another 'masterpiece'?

Alfie 07-24-2005 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzy cannon
well dont most artists go down after producing a masterpiece albulm because they rush to make another 'masterpiece'?

Well there's no danger of that happening to Damien.

gregamiepgy 07-25-2005 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali

oh, i have that one, it is repackaged to come with O; what i mean are songs which are not in O but appear in the lyrics page of this site

SisterMidnight 07-25-2005 02:26 AM

^ you have to download or trade for the rare songs. check out the trading section and briefcases and stuff

i have the exact same one as cali. i'm not too bothered about not having the cannonball remix...

i've never been sure why it's called b-sides, since the songs on it aren't actually b-sides to singles as the term implies :smiley24:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cille
i think he will go up and down, then a bit more down, then up up, then straight ahead and take the next turn to the left.

:smiley36:

gregamiepgy 07-25-2005 03:00 AM

^ those rarities have been taken off sites already as a respect in anticipation of damien's release of his second album :( and i have nothing to trade with!! i would that he record those as well

dizzy cannon 07-25-2005 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfie
Well there's no danger of that happening to Damien.

thats exactly what i was thinking :smiley1:

#Ian# 07-25-2005 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
i've never been sure why it's called b-sides, since the songs on it aren't actually b-sides to singles as the term implies :smiley24:

I don't have the tracklisting to hand but I'm pretty sure that with the exception of the cannonball remix all the songs on it were b-sides to Irish singles.

thirsty 07-26-2005 10:31 AM

i'm pretty sure that of the eight tracks featured only four did'nt feature on 'o' in some form or other, and on the copy of 'o' i bought in france 'woman like a man' was featured as a hidden track, though it was'nt really 'hidden' as there was a sticker on the front telling you it featured on that release......

gregamiepgy 07-27-2005 08:05 AM

my tracklist goes as follows:

1. the professor
2. lonelily
3. woman like a man
4. moody mooday (i used to think it was "Monday")
5. delicate (live)
6. volcano (instrumental)
7. volcano (demo)
8. cannonball (remix)