The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Damien @ Electric Picnic (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11235)

Gatsby 09-08-2006 03:21 AM

Damien @ Electric Picnic

Just some photos i took at electric picnic

some turned out well... all are taken at the Big Tree stage on saturday night

http://public.fotki.com/Revelate/electric_picnic/

and if ur nosey theres also other pictures there.. but be warned:icon_kidr

Haina 09-08-2006 03:23 AM

Omg, you were there! I'm so jealous!!!

Wheels 09-08-2006 09:06 AM

Lisa! I see Lisa! :) I like Lisa...

Nice pics man. What's that in the girl who looks kinda like Lisa's hand in Pic 21?

Bumpman 09-08-2006 09:26 AM

It's a cowbell, but it's not Lisa... You only think you see Lisa, it's the pattern of the pants, an optical illusion.

These are some photos we took

alumni 09-08-2006 10:34 AM

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...gAnch=imgAnch5

:icon_scra

drunk? His clothes?

Bumpman 09-08-2006 10:48 AM

Yeah, they were all pretty tanked, we have another one taken directly before that, except all you could see is arms coming in from the right side of the picture, scarf in hand. Fionn then proceeded to attempt to choke Damo to death with aformentioned scarf... Funny sh*t let me tell you. As I say... f*ckin' plastered.

alumni 09-08-2006 10:50 AM

tanked? Is that drunk?

Whats that style hat called? It's very Woody Allen-ish!!!

That you in picture? Fantastic picture bumpman

Bumpman 09-08-2006 10:55 AM

Nah, 'tis my lil' brother. If I had an afro that impressive I'd be far cockier then my regular cocky self... And yeah, tanked is drunk. They were so stoned they could barely see though, so it was a combination of both I suppose. Lisa asked my brother to dance and he was too shocked to say yes, so he just fell over instead... Classy eh?

alumni 09-08-2006 11:01 AM

But what is that style hat called? Very cool.

Are you sure he wasnt just stoned in the natural way he seems? How can you tell difference between stoned damien and sober damien? He just finished cheers darlin' in that way he does?

Bumpman 09-08-2006 11:10 AM

The difference is the inability to talk or stand, it was pretty much a prerequsite for being around there though, there was an awful lot of shenanagins going on. I'm not sure what the hats are called, they sell them everywhere here though.

alumni 09-08-2006 11:12 AM

can you get me one? :smiley32:

Bumpman 09-08-2006 11:16 AM

I suppose I could, If i see one I could buy it and then post it to you.

alumni 09-08-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
I suppose I could, If i see one I could buy it and then post it to you.

only joking. I've seen them here too.

alumni 09-08-2006 11:21 AM

Seriously mind, how could you tell that him? He looks a lot more beatnig(?) then he usually does! glasses are odd..
What did he talk you all about? Please inform all! Very interesting story I bet to go with interesting picture.

Bumpman 09-08-2006 11:31 AM

Ah y'know, this and that. Some of the other too. The glasses were a funny addition alright, kind of a semi-disguise. It's a little weird to be relaying conversations with people back over the internet. Best to just not do it at all. It's odd though, talking to them made me kind of realise that people do pick up on them in a really skewed way. Their attitudes are pretty far removed from what we're like... If you get that.

alumni 09-08-2006 11:36 AM

damien or us?
No you are right, "some things are best left unsaid"

Bumpman 09-08-2006 11:44 AM

Us, we're pretty off the beaten track of what they're like... I'm not too sure of how to adequately explain that, but that's just what it feels like.

Here's a funny incident though, my brother, his drunken friend, Dancin' Vin' (from Neosupervital) and Tim (Bellies/Neosupervital) all dancing in a circle around some guy on the ground who was almost passed out, and assumed that he was hallucinating because there's no way that two teenagers and two disco infernos like Dancin' Vin' and Tim could possibly be circling his prostrate and malfunctioning body laughing at his drunken incompetence (and possibly impotence and incontinence).

alumni 09-08-2006 11:47 AM

Do you get the feel that Damien is some how very unique in terms of what normal people exist like? Apparently he is intimidating in a sense?

Bumpman 09-08-2006 11:58 AM

I don't think he's unique, he's just not a born socialite. When you try to talk to someone who isn't receptive to strange people randomly trying to start conversations with them, you get the idea. Paul Noonan is sort of like that y'know, I mean, really quite friendly and all that, but at the same time mainly being interested in getting on with what's actually going on around him. Whereas someone like Vyv or Tomo wouldn't really mind dignifying some mad rant with an equal and opposite amount of banter. For instance, I was chatting to Tomo on wednesday and after a few minutes the conversation turned (as all conversations inevitabley do) to female uninals, anyone else would have run a mile. He was up for that disgraceful level of joking though. Whereas someone who isn't so comfortable around new people just wouldn't get as much of a laugh out of it.

alumni 09-08-2006 12:00 PM

Is he very quiet then? Like deep?

Bumpman 09-08-2006 12:06 PM

Well I couldn't really speak in those terms, because I obviously don't know any of them very well personally, but he does have a pretty upfront reactionary sense to him. Almost like everything that's going on can be seen to visibly affect him. But then I suppose everyone is deep in their own way, involving yourself in the creative arts takes a certain degree of depth, especially when the only aspect of it that you really care about is to honestly express yourself as best you can. It's hard to think about it in anything better then general terms though, partly because when people actually say things to you the very last thing that you'll think of doing is posting it on the internet, and partly because trying to interpret someone else's character on the basis of a few chance encounters is futile at best, ignorant at worst.

darraghjm 09-08-2006 01:22 PM

here's a link my photo's there all in bebo

http://DarraghMcLeer.bebo.com

Bumpman 09-08-2006 01:56 PM

Amateur identity theft... Listen to this poem I wrote;

"O captain my captain..."

hbhdaem 09-08-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
Us, we're pretty off the beaten track of what they're like... I'm not too sure of how to adequately explain that, but that's just what it feels like.

ya mean we're all FREAKS!? :icon_smur

all the pics are great guys..thanks for posting those.

Bumpman 09-08-2006 05:11 PM

Yeah, something like that... freaks.

Miss Pink 09-08-2006 05:31 PM

seán..where do babies come from?

Bumpman 09-08-2006 05:44 PM

I assume they come from minerals and nutrients that your body turns into either sperm or eggs. Which means that at some point (considering that all conception in Ireland is done after people "drop by the public house to procure libations"), you existed as (drum roll...);

Beer and curry.

Miss Pink 09-08-2006 05:48 PM

oh.....can i be a chicken curry? and I'll have a can of fanta please, and some chicken balls, with fried rice, and some black bean sauce.

what that including delivery charge? i have a coupon

Bumpman 09-08-2006 05:51 PM

No, I believe you shall be a penny that was thrown across the room on a bet that someone couldn't break it in half (mid-flight), and then have it's seperate pieces land in your parent's respective throats. At least someone won a bet for losing their penny eh?

Miss Pink 09-08-2006 05:52 PM

in other words, i was a mistake.

yeah thanks, just thanks...yeah? fine.