The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Music (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Delays.... (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6025)

maccas81 10-11-2004 06:05 PM

hey all...has anyone heard the delays album 'faded seaside glamour'? i think its brilliant...well worth hearing ...some of the songs...especially bedroom scene and wanderlust are destined for classic status!

Mojo_Pin1980 10-11-2004 10:31 PM

Delays (without The!!!!![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]) are great! I love 'em! Wanderlust is one of the catchiest tunes I've ever heard![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Angela 10-12-2004 12:15 AM

I bought the CD last week - it's in the mail! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

hippy shakes 10-12-2004 08:36 AM

Excellent band and really good lads. I lived just down the road from them for years until I moved to London. Seen them playing since I was 17 and they deserve all the success they get. Their next single Lost in the Melody is tops and could well be their big song to finally get into the top 10.

Louise 10-12-2004 12:54 PM

I love delays, is anyone going to see them with Hal when they play the Temple Bar Music Centre in November?

The Weatherman 10-12-2004 01:09 PM

I'll most likely be there, Louise. So now there's two reasons to go, everyone! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

maccas81 10-12-2004 02:06 PM

god i didnt know they weer playing there! i knew they weer in derry which would be a lot nearer for me but if i get the job i applied for in dublin i could be there rocking out to bedroom scene!

and mojo...i know theres technically no 'the' in their namebut if i started a thread called 'so who likes delays'? people would say....'well no i find delays irritating, why cant everyone be on time?!'[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Libby 10-12-2004 02:06 PM

Another Delays fan over here [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

We first heard about them when they were supporting Clearlake, but they have since eclipsed Clearlake fame-wise.

I saw them in Notts on their last tour and they were excellent- very polished and together.

The album is fab- I never get sick of listening to it.

Have a wonderful time at the gig all those who are going [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Libby 10-12-2004 02:11 PM

Forgot to post this link...

You can listen to Delays here...

http://www.fadedseasideglamour.co.uk/fsg.html

maccas81 10-12-2004 02:19 PM

nice one libby! funny enough the only gripe i have with (the) delays is that i find it a little hard to decipher what mr gilbert is singing about sometimes....its a bit difficult to make out the lyrics cos of the reverbery sound effects they use....but they are kinda cool!!

Louise 10-12-2004 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Weatherman

I'll most likely be there, Louise. So now there's two reasons to go, everyone! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

the two reasons being 1)delays are great and 2)louise is hot, and if shes there its gotta be good. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Only messing! It will be great though I'd say, I really like Hal as well. Well what Ive heard I like.

Mojo_Pin1980 10-13-2004 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccas81
and mojo...i know theres technically no 'the' in their namebut if i started a thread called 'so who likes delays'? people would say....'well no i find delays irritating, why cant everyone be on time?!'[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

You could've thought of a different topic title![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

maccas81 10-13-2004 03:28 PM

yeah ok i could have...but hey.....i know my limits! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]