The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Celebrate Brooklyn! At Prospect Park Bandshell 6/17 (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17563)

madhat181 02-24-2015 02:08 PM

Celebrate Brooklyn! At Prospect Park Bandshell 6/17

Who is going?! Picnic meet up anyone? :icon_kidr:smiley14:

dawno 02-24-2015 02:09 PM

That was a piece of cake! Will be there...

mikerennie 02-24-2015 02:10 PM

I'll be there!!!

signalfire 02-24-2015 02:15 PM

I'll be there too!

Circa1992 02-24-2015 02:24 PM

Me too! :D

conanemily 02-24-2015 02:29 PM

me too:)

wmacson 02-24-2015 02:35 PM

Oh i'm in!

signalfire 02-24-2015 02:36 PM

The gang's back together!

conanemily 02-24-2015 02:44 PM

will probably take half day off! haha

mikerennie 02-24-2015 03:29 PM

DesoleInBoston and I will be representing Boston.

Has anyone been to this place before? Thoughts?

dawno 02-24-2015 04:07 PM

It's a really nice venue right in Prospect Park, somewhat similar to Summerstage in Central Park in Manhattan.

I went to The National shows there last summer. The front part near the stage is concrete, slightly sloped and there is a grassy area behind that. You can bring in chairs / blankets to sit on if you'd like, and they do have concessions / merch on the sides.

My only complaint, and this was true at every National show, was the chatter in the crowd. People just would not shut up and it was very distracting. We actually had to ask some folks to be quiet. I don't know if this is part of the mentality of attending shows in a park, but the same thing happened when I saw Spoon at Summerstage.

blindmelonade 02-24-2015 05:20 PM

I actually scored a presale ticket!...Prospect park is beautiful, by the way.

madhat181 02-24-2015 05:26 PM

Will the people who can arrive early hold a nice spot for some of us? I know you are allowed to bring blankets and chairs. I will try to take a half day off, but don't know if I can yet. But if I do I have some great blankets and mats to snag us great spots

InspirationDestination 02-24-2015 05:31 PM

Did I miss the presale? I can't seem to get a ticket. :crybaby2:

signalfire 02-24-2015 05:41 PM

The two times I've been, they've had seats already on the concrete and then crowds standing or sitting on their own chairs/blankets behind. I don't know how they'll set it up for Damien, but seats seems more his style. Don't quote me on that if I'm wrong! The concessions are tasty and local for the most part, with your usual New York prices.

They also check bags, so just know that they're going to peek through your stuff.

dawno 02-24-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by signalfire (Post 381279)
The two times I've been, they've had seats already on the concrete and then crowds standing or sitting on their own chairs/blankets behind. I don't know how they'll set it up for Damien, but seats seems more his style. Don't quote me on that if I'm wrong! The concessions are tasty and local for the most part, with your usual New York prices.

They also check bags, so just know that they're going to peek through your stuff.

I thought seats would be more his style as well, but I believe it's an all GA event. The National shows were all GA, though there were a few seats set up at the back of the concrete area (perhaps disability seating or VIP)

This link says it's GA...

signalfire 02-24-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawno (Post 381281)
I thought seats would be more his style as well, but I believe it's an all GA event. The National shows were all GA, though there were a few seats set up at the back of the concrete area (perhaps disability seating or VIP)

This link says it's GA...

The shows I went to were GA as well, and they had hundreds of chairs set up on the concrete like this, first come first served. I managed to snag one for The Swell Season. I haven't been in years, but I scrolled through some Yelp reviews, and it seems like at least one show last year still had the seats. I guess it'll be a crapshoot. Hope for the best, prepare for the concrete or lawn. It'll be lovely no matter the setup, I'm sure.

dawno 02-24-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by signalfire (Post 381282)
The shows I went to were GA as well, and they had hundreds of chairs set up on the concrete like this, first come first served. I managed to snag one for The Swell Season. I haven't been in years, but I scrolled through some Yelp reviews, and it seems like at least one show last year still had the seats. I guess it'll be a crapshoot. Hope for the best, prepare for the concrete or lawn. It'll be lovely no matter the setup, I'm sure.

I should have clarified - the link says GA Standing... but of course, who really knows til we get there.

And you're right, sometimes there are seats up front, some friends have told me that they've been to shows with the seats up front.

signalfire 02-24-2015 08:08 PM

I didn't see the word standing there before, but maybe my eyes skimmed over it when I was looking for other info. I hope it's not too packed in, but I'm sure it'll be more controlled than the free shows.

Circa1992 02-24-2015 09:02 PM

I have to say, SO many great concerts this summer! I just wish Damien could do a couple of shows throughout the year EVERY year!

And of course, it will be fun seeing everyone again! :)

madhat181 02-24-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circa1992 (Post 381288)
I have to say, SO many great concerts this summer! I just wish Damien could do a couple of shows throughout the year EVERY year!

And of course, it will be fun seeing everyone again! :)

So far one in April in Manhattan, one in June iN Brooklyn. Maybe he can have one in August in Queens! Forest Hills Stadium would be a great venue. Zac Brown band did their Artist Den show there and Ed Sheeran will be there in June. And it's in my neighborhood

madhat181 02-25-2015 03:25 AM

Anyone have the Ticketmaster presale code for those who missed out on DR presale?

signalfire 02-26-2015 02:49 PM

Presale code is 'faded' for the presale right now on Ticketmaster.

madhat181 02-26-2015 03:14 PM

As of now tickets still available.

eva_arg 06-05-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

WFUV welcomes Damien Rice to Celebrate Brooklyn! June 17th. We will also be bringing you the concert LIVE on WFUV Radio 90.7FM and streaming online at wfuv.org.

Wanna win a night at the show and a special prize package?

WFUV will pick five (5) winners. Each will receive:

One (1) pair of tickets to the show, provided by Bowery Presents
VIP Tent access that night provided by Celebrate Brooklyn!. So you get to watch the show from the best spot in the park
A Special Edition Wooden CD Box Set of My Favourite Faded Fantasy
A beautiful limited edition double vinyl set of My Favourite Faded Fantasy
To enter, email us at giveaways@wfuv.org before Tuesday night, June 9th at 11:59pm with your name, phone and email address.

Winners will be contacted by the WFUV promotions department via email and phone.

One entry person only. Winners chosen at random. WFUV Membership not required to win.

Good luck!
http://www.wfuv.org/content/damien-r...ooklyn-contest

verenita 06-05-2015 01:05 PM

cool! best of luck to all who plan to enter to win!

DesoleInBoston 06-05-2015 02:59 PM

Thanks for the info Eva! I'm so glad it will be streaming so you all can catch this show too.

I bought my train tickets from Boston to NYC this week. I'll be arriving to New York around 2pm on the 17th and heading straight to my cousin's apartment (only a few blocks from the venue). I'll drop off my stuff and head over to check out the situation at the venue (maybe like 4pm?).

Signalfire - PM your cell phone number to me. I deactivated my FB account so I don't spend my summer staring at my telephone :) .

Reunited and it feels so good :icon_kidr.

amyyhc 06-05-2015 10:47 PM

Just bought my ticket to this show, see you all again in two weeks!

Circa1992 06-05-2015 11:16 PM

OK, we all know DesoleInBoston will win that contest! :p Can't wait to see the NYC area/BOSTON contingent again! And YAY for 1 more Damien concert!

dawno 06-07-2015 03:08 PM

I have a pair of tix available for this show. I paid $114 through the DR presale, but asking $90 for the pair or $45 each. Cannot make it that night and would love to see an Eskimo have them.

If no interest, they're going up on stubhub tomorrow.