The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   www.EskimoFriends.com (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Info of Damo's recent activities! (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8127)

Sinead 04-12-2005 08:21 PM

Info of Damo's recent activities!

I've found out what Damien's been doing when he should be at home recording a new album for us !!!

My friend who's in a band got invited to a party in Glen Hansard's house last night and there was a couple of known peeps there...! Paddy Casey , Bronnagh Gallagher, members of The Frames and of course the one and only DAMIEN RICE!!!
I can confirm we're never going to see another album if he's out partying til all hours on a Monday night!!!!

I PUT THIS ON THE WRONG SECTION! HOW DO I MOVE IT???

Gazel 04-12-2005 08:47 PM

I know this isn't really what you meant but in my opinion he doesn't make music "for us", he does it for himself. I don't mean it in a selfish or self-centred way, I just don't think he 'owes' us anything.:smiley1:

kel :) 04-12-2005 08:51 PM

aw feck it, so no new material in the forseeable future??

snowbaby 04-12-2005 11:51 PM

hey hey maybe he was taking a break from recording to go jamming with his mates to get inspired and to get his creative juices going :)

Gatsby 04-13-2005 12:32 AM

try kidnapp him and lock him in a cupboard and dont let him out till he makes the next album ;)

scary thing is i could see that happening

let the man live his life!!!!

Livo 04-13-2005 08:13 AM

there's a documentary on the frames on their website, i think it's dutch, and it shows glen going to a friend's house for a jamming session, with the likes of mark geary and lisa hannigan and stuff.

spudy 04-13-2005 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livo
there's a documentary on the frames on their website, i think it's dutch, and it shows glen going to a friend's house for a jamming session, with the likes of mark geary and lisa hannigan and stuff.

but be warned people...its an hour long

cille 04-13-2005 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revelate

let the man live his life!!!!

amen!

Livo 04-13-2005 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudy
but be warned people...its an hour long

it's a fantastic documentary, but yes it is an hour long. an hour that i should have spent doing my homework and let me tell you this, my mother was not very pleased when she came back finding me in the exact same chair staring at the exact same screen all the time she was out. oooooooooops.

snowbaby 04-13-2005 03:38 PM

ah olivia, u should have done your homework you have an important state exam this year hahahaha :) i don't know why im laughing i do no work and ive my lc!!

shane_b 04-14-2005 02:11 PM

i'm bored of waitin, but honestly it takes expiriences to make music and he used all his best ones up on the first album, at least he aint being made to chuck out an album for the sake of "staying popular" like some artists have to do, he's livin his life to find things to write about

Wheels 04-14-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane_b
i'm bored of waitin, but honestly it takes expiriences to make music and he used all his best ones up on the first album, at least he aint being made to chuck out an album for the sake of "staying popular" like some artists have to do, he's livin his life to find things to write about

:smiley24: Hey maybe we should start a thread with OUR experiences... save Damien some time! :smiley14: We could all give ideas for songs Damien could write :smiley36: okay bad idea... if he read an idea like a song he had already written he might decide it was unoriginal and burn it!! :smiley21: We wouldn't want that... :smiley13: