The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   new song titles - VOTE (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11080)

SisterMidnight 08-13-2006 09:55 PM

new song titles - VOTE

i'm suggesting taking a vote on what to call the new songs that damien performed during the america tour recently.. it would just make discussing them easier if we had actual titles, and of course damo is always free to overwrite us later if he wants :smiley2:

there were 3 new(ish) songs performed at the saratoga mountain winery gig, currently entitled 1. new song, 2. untitled and 3. not titled at all because it's in a medley at the end of nine crimes and went largely unnoticed

here are my suggestions. you can vote for any of these or feel free to throw in your own ideas for song titles, like 'leaf' or 'rock' or whatever you think would fit..

new song:
wanted
sea
chickensh*t

untitled:
you can.. (nay i say)
chimneys
coconut skins

newest song sequed into from nine crimes:
she
like a dog
two friends (i think it's in the lyrics at the end)

buddy 08-14-2006 12:23 AM

i haven't heard 'new song' or 'newest song' enough to have an opinion, but i would be okay with chimneys or coconut skins for 'untitled'.

not much of a vote, is it? :smiley9:

SisterMidnight 08-14-2006 12:35 AM

well you're in politics so i suppose you're being diplomatic :smiley2:

i like 'wanted' for the first one, 'coconut skins' (wtf?) for the 2nd and 'like a dog' (or maybe just 'dog') for the third..

Cali 08-14-2006 02:12 AM

i like 'wanted' for the first new song. i don't like coconut skins, you can nor chimneys, but i do like the song. and i've listened to the last new song probably twice, so i won't vote for that one

Spamlet 08-14-2006 05:47 AM

I thought somewhere Damo actually introduced 'new song' or it was written on his setlist as "Wanted to be Wanted" but just plain "Wanted" works well.

Untitled: "You Can". Beautifully sarcastic punchline if ya just stop to think about it. Damn the h8-ahs! :icon_rr:

Newest: "The Least Inspired thing Damo's written since 'Moody Mooday'" or "Hopefully Unfinished Ersatz 'Then Go' Wannabe".

Just plain "She" has never been a good title to me not even for good ol' Harry Connick Jr.

I think he saying "She (walks off?) to friends when the poor attempt is almost over" rather than "two friends".

Seriously though, "Like a Dog" isn't half bad.

BTW, any of y'all ever heard a song called "Dog" by Diego Sandrin? Breathtakingly gorgeous tune.

alumni 08-14-2006 09:25 AM

why don't we just wait till damien names them? Eh?

SisterMidnight 08-15-2006 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alumni
why don't we just wait till damien names them? Eh?

you again? i thought you left

you're welcome to stay though, only you have to play to stay

you know you wanna vote for sea.. go on..