The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   walking out on new album (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11094)

mickey13086 08-15-2006 09:30 PM

walking out on new album

while listening to one of the songs driving today from the pallidium gig, i noticed that he transitions into 'walking out' which is a juniper song.

what are your thoughts on the possibility of that being on the new album? i know he didn't play it this past U.S. leg but i think it fits other material. possibility or someone gonna shoot it down?

Spamlet 08-15-2006 09:51 PM

Actually, it"s called "Sex Change" and he has been playing it live for years so I wouldn't necessarily read much into that. It does definitely fit the proposed darker tone of the album though.

mickey13086 08-15-2006 10:02 PM

ah, sorry. i just have a juniper recording and its titled walking out. my bad.

Closing_Doors 08-16-2006 05:51 PM

To my knowledge it has only been played a handful of times since leaving Juniper, and always as part of a jam (never on its own)

shyatt3 08-16-2006 06:12 PM

Sorry, I'm the uninformed one here. Is there a way to hear this song because I'm not familiar with it?

Closing_Doors 08-16-2006 06:18 PM

Welcome, if you have a look in the trading forum (here ) you might just find what you are looking for. :icon_rr:

shyatt3 08-16-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Closing_Doors
Welcome, if you have a look in the trading forum (here ) you might just find what you are looking for. :icon_rr:

Thanks, that's awesome. And thanks for not bashing my newness :smiley1:

mickey13086 08-16-2006 07:43 PM

we were all new at one point. im still kind of new. but i think i can speak for others who were here in the beginning of the site that it doesn't matter!!

We should have like a "adopt a baby eskimo" program that newbies can apply for if they need help finding things or general questions. maybe im crazy lol

shyatt3 08-16-2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey13086
we were all new at one point. im still kind of new. but i think i can speak for others who were here in the beginning of the site that it doesn't matter!!

We should have like a "adopt a baby eskimo" program that newbies can apply for if they need help finding things or general questions. maybe im crazy lol

I don't know about adoption, maybe just a big brother/big sister thing.....then again, that's too much like a sorority...

Closing_Doors 08-16-2006 07:53 PM

Quote:

Not me. I was born with a post count of 100.

mickey13086 08-16-2006 07:57 PM

yeah but a big brother/big sister program can be a non-frat type thing like they have all over for children.

i wish i could have had a bumpman or a administrator to show me the ropes. like, hey chris, want to see the secret world of eskimoland? yeah? good. now you must say this pledge. "I, ______, swear that ....... "

Now drink this stuff but first put the purple hat on and lay down.

haha

I need to stop drinking with my roommates mid-day huh.

mickey13086 08-16-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Closing_Doors
Not me. I was born with a post count of 100.

Wow. thats like the story of Jesus or something.

"Dear 8 pound, 6 ounce....baby Jesus...don't even know a word yet..."
Anyone who knows that quote gets a cookie. (virtual, sorry)

Timeé 08-16-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

i wish i could have had a bumpman.

he would just take the piss. and pretend he's smart.

filledanse 08-17-2006 06:48 PM

Wow. thats like the story of Jesus or something.

"Dear 8 pound, 6 ounce....baby Jesus...don't even know a word yet..."
Anyone who knows that quote gets a cookie. (virtual, sorry)

ima give you a "Scissor kick to the back of the head" if you dnt get me that cookie...
hah great movie

mickey13086 08-17-2006 07:53 PM

hahahhaha... "chip, im all jacked up on mountain dew!" hahaha... u get a cookie. ill send it out today so look in your mail in 3-5 business days. haha

Bumpman 08-18-2006 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeé
he would just take the piss. and pretend he's smart.

I refuse to have the piss taken out of me by a donegal man who doesn't have a talking head for an avatar. What are you thinking eh?

Anyway yeah, we did try to sort out somewhere for people with questions to go to have them answered, ironically enough Mr. 13086, it was a combined effort between myself and Mr. Administrator... Anyway if the faq doesn't answer your questions maybe we need a new question saying; "email me the songs I don't have", followed by the ever hilarious; "no". I know the faq already says it in more then one place, but once more cant hurt...

And as for that quote, even though I haven't seen it yet, everyone's already heard the funny bits from Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby.

Lemmy 08-18-2006 06:08 AM

"walking out on new album"

oh god i read that and thought you meant that Damien was walking out on making his new album or something.....scared the living hell out of me.... :smiley3:

mickey13086 08-18-2006 08:09 AM

that is ironic. but although a good portion of questions are related to how do i get my hands on such and such track... there are others. but ur right, people are lazy, as am I... so I will not look at all the areas of the forum if I have a question. I wasn't being serious in suggesting it, I think it is possible, but not effective. anywho...

Do you like Will Ferrell, people either like his movies or don't like his humor it seems. I for one love it but can see where people don't have that particular taste.

I still prefer anchorman to it but maybe Talledega Nights (or TNBORB as I like to call it haha, jk) will grow on me.

Bumpman 08-18-2006 01:46 PM

A lot of forums get bogged down with that sort of thing, it always seems to be people asking the same questions over and over, and some distraught member with 10,000 posts, saying "use the search button, use the search button, oh dear god please use the search button. There's a fine line between helping out and turning into an mp3 delivery system. Unfortunately for people who want the fifty songs they don't have now, that fine line is trading.

I do love Will Ferrell, I'm generally resigned to the belief that people who don't like his sense of humour were tragically born, without the use of a personality. Still though, the plot in anchorman is pretty terrible, and it really shows when it gets to the end of it. The whole movie is much funnier when you're watching it over and over again if you're only watching the first hour or so.

mickey13086 08-18-2006 03:45 PM

maybe the will ferrell gene was left out in some. see... the plot is pretty ridiculous but the fact that there are so many oneliners and hilarious scenes that you alluded to make up for that fact. the fight scene is just crazy but allows for cameos and memorable lines, "brick where'd you get a hand grenade?"

anyways... now that we're off topic, which I don't mind...

yeah, maybe it's inevitable but nonetheless, i dont say thanks enough for this site, and I also don't recognize the organization of all this so thank you to anyone who did help out with it or is a part of it.

-single tear streams down