The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Gig for 1Live radio, Cologne - Dec 9 (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17498)

eva_arg 11-30-2014 12:01 PM

Gig for 1Live radio, Cologne - Dec 9

I just saw this http://www.einslive.de/einslive/even...n-rice102.html

According to google translate:

Quote:

1LIVE radio concert with Damien Rice 9 December ++ ++ Cologne, Old Pawn Shop

Tickets are not for sale, but only to win - which provides the Nicholas on December 6 in 1LIVE and here on 1LIVE.de.

Claude 11-30-2014 12:15 PM

Very interesting...

Thanks Eva !

Chrysler 11-30-2014 01:22 PM

Thanks, gonna try to win a ticket...

oh btw there is a review of MFFF in the current issue of the german music magazine visions.
It got 6.3/10 (juded by 10 journalists) which is pretty bad. However there's also a nice review of his gig in berlin.

Essentially it says if you leave away the american pop camouflage that nick rubin covered the songs in (as it was the case in his gig in berlin) you can fell the real/raw beauty of the songs (so basically the album is overproduced).
The songs are not as flawless as O was and if anything is missing at all it could be the support of a female voice. ^^

borneoman 11-30-2014 04:37 PM

a full gig????

and how we get tix? didnīt understand it...

Chrysler 11-30-2014 06:08 PM

There will be a give aways through the radioshow as well on the homepage on 06/12.
It seems like its a full gig and also it will be broadcast on the radio station (dunno if live).

carrroline 11-30-2014 09:53 PM

Wow! Best of luck getting tickets. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

borneoman 12-01-2014 08:20 AM

the problem with this is you never know in what mood heīs gonna be in... all these free gigs heīs kinda forced to do by the label he is usually in a very very bad mood :(

verenita 12-01-2014 12:49 PM

good luck to all trying!

eva_arg 12-01-2014 01:11 PM

To win tickets:
http://www.warnermusic.de/gewinnspie...-0912-in-koeln

good luck, guys!

verenita 12-01-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 380248)
the problem with this is you never know in what mood heīs gonna be in... all these free gigs heīs kinda forced to do by the label he is usually in a very very bad mood :(

the coffee house one was beautiful, so why not this one too? ;)

iīm not a big fan of this sort of gigs though.

ElephantMan 12-01-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysler (Post 380237)
The songs are not as flawless as O was and if anything is missing at all it could be the support of a female voice. ^^

I kinda agree, I do miss Lisa on studio songs, but not live...damien is so much better solo I have come to notice lately....I prefer Damien without her, never thought i would say that. I dont care if he ever has a backing band , tho i miss Vyvviene's cello

wonder how MFFF (song) would sound if Lisa opened first verse, which would make sense if she were in the band still , maybe even playing it on piano first verse anyway idk

InspirationDestination 12-01-2014 06:04 PM

I don't know why he loses himself during taped gigs. He gets into his head and something changes for him. Even if it is for promotional purposes, if it has a small audience of fans it can be considered a bonafide gig.

I wonder if he has examined that in himself yet. I think he could make things easier on himself if he gets over this hurdle. He's doing much better at interviews, it seems. Everything is a process, I guess.

I hope this is a good one! Good luck winning tickets!

melodie 12-01-2014 06:12 PM

hmmm, i wonder how long he'll be in germany for. i'm going to berlin at the end of the month! what are the chances he'll do another surprise gig there? i suppose he's likely to be in ireland for the holidays, though.

InspirationDestination 12-01-2014 06:15 PM

He has busked on Christmas Eve on Grafton St in Dublin, so I think he will probably be in Ireland.

Unless he chooses to spend Christmas in Iceland, Malibu, or NYC! ;)

borneoman 12-01-2014 09:51 PM

The funny thing is the radio shows all seem to go very well, it's the video taped ones he seems to have a problem with

InspirationDestination 12-01-2014 11:26 PM

He has to know he's being taped at all his concerts. He's all over youtube. Maybe because he feels like he has to "perform" for the cameras and not the listeners?

carrroline 12-02-2014 06:50 AM

It's just less spontaneous than a regular show. There are all kinds of expectations, probably people trying to direct him, maybe even asking for some kind of set list? Harsh lights for filming, a tight schedule,...

Also I think people sometimes just think he's in a bad mood, when he's just very focused and introverted.

Circa1992 12-02-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrroline (Post 380293)
It's just less spontaneous than a regular show. There are all kinds of expectations, probably people trying to direct him, maybe even asking for some kind of set list? Harsh lights for filming, a tight schedule,...

Also I think people sometimes just think he's in a bad mood, when he's just very focused and introverted.

Agreed. I think this was the case at last weeks Artists Den performance. While I can't accurately comment on his mood because I, unfortunately, do not really "know" him, I thought he was restrained and looked somewhat uncomfortable (compared with the his other recent NYC gigs). I feel like he likely would have preferred them film a concert rather than a "show." When asking for a light to be turned off, he even said something about wanting it to be more like a concert. Oh well, I guess he's come to accept these things as part of the process he's agreed to...like it or not. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to have been there and would probably be happy to hear him sing the alphabet, but for HIS sake, I wish he was a little more relaxed and chatted a bit. For me, that's part of the appeal: his playfulness/humor and the way he articulates his thoughts.

Chrysler 12-06-2014 09:42 AM

they gave away 3x2 Tickets on the Radio Show today and will be again tomorrow.
Was impossible to even get through the phone number they said.

AFAIK the place holds 200 people.

Claude 12-06-2014 03:00 PM

I don't know the answer from "1LIVE Radio.de",
Gewinnspielfrage: Mit welcher Band feierte Damien Rice seine ersten Erfolge?*

: with which band did Damien Rice celebrate his first success ?

If someone could help me, please...
I really want to go to Cologne.
:smiley19:

carrroline 12-06-2014 03:03 PM

Juniper

Claude 12-06-2014 03:12 PM

Great,
thanks a lot Carrroline !
:icon_pray

Just have to wait and hope...

Claude 12-07-2014 05:41 PM

I'm not lucky enough to win a ticket...
At the moment I took a day off at work for tuesday, but I didn't win.
:crybaby2:

If someone have a spare ticket, please let me know !

Chrysler 12-08-2014 05:48 AM

Sorry, didn't win either. :(

borneoman 12-08-2014 09:20 AM

I only took part in the warner contest but didnīt hear anything, guess I didnīt win?

Chrysler 12-08-2014 05:43 PM

The First Hour of the Concert will be broadcasted live on einslive.de tomorrow from 9 - 10 P.M.

Claude 12-09-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysler (Post 380418)
The First Hour of the Concert will be broadcasted live on einslive.de tomorrow from 9 - 10 P.M.

Thanks Chrysler !

I played a lot, but no luck this time for me...
I'm curious where it was possible to win all the 200 tickets...

But I hope every winner will enjoy this evening !
I wish you a lot of great emotions tonight !
:icon_kidr

eva_arg 12-09-2014 01:10 PM

Thanks for the info Chrysler. Hopefully someone can record, I'm not sure if I'll be home in time

borneoman 12-09-2014 07:42 PM

is this gonna be audio or video stream?

Claude 12-09-2014 07:44 PM

For me it's only audio...