The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Box 10/16 (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17324)

mikerennie 10-16-2014 03:58 PM

The Box 10/16

Hi all,

While I'm not going to the show tonight, I am going to the Friday and Saturday shows.

I though I would start a thread for tonight's show.

Please post any and all info about his performance or lack thereof tonight. I am getting antsy as to whether or not he is back in good health.

I wish Official damienrice.com would be a little more transparent.

Thanks!

LilyT 10-16-2014 04:19 PM

I'm waiting with bated breath on this show, too. I'm not going either but tonight will tell us what to expect for tomorrow :)

RenataAQP 10-16-2014 04:30 PM

i'm also keeping my fingers crossed. Hope he is fully recovered and feeling good now.

Whoever is going tonight, please keep us posted and enjoy the concert!

jwelsh8 10-16-2014 04:36 PM

I will be heading to the show this evening, along with tomorrow night in Brooklyn (was shut out of Saturday and the Apollo). I am trying to remember the last time I saw Damien -- was it opening for Fiona Apple in Central Park or the Theater at MSG? Either way, I am quite excited to see him again. Twelve years since my first show back at Club Cafe in Pittsburgh.

My fingers are tightly crossed that he has recovered over the last three or four days.

conanemily 10-16-2014 05:11 PM

I'm going tonight and tomorrow! it's my birthday today, can't breath right now... so nervous

glo32 10-16-2014 05:16 PM

has anyone tried to contact the venue and ask them if he's actually going to perform tonight?

I hope that he has recovered, and that you guys get to see him... good luck! ;)

amyyhc 10-16-2014 05:29 PM

hi guys, I will be heading to the show tonight!

looking forward to seeing him perform live for the very first time as well as meeting some fellow eskimo friends :D

dawno 10-16-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwelsh8 (Post 376360)
I will be heading to the show this evening, along with tomorrow night in Brooklyn (was shut out of Saturday and the Apollo). I am trying to remember the last time I saw Damien -- was it opening for Fiona Apple in Central Park or the Theater at MSG? Either way, I am quite excited to see him again. Twelve years since my first show back at Club Cafe in Pittsburgh.

My fingers are tightly crossed that he has recovered over the last three or four days.

The Fiona Apple Central Park show was in July 2006. The WaMu show was in Sept. 2007.

jwelsh8 10-16-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawno (Post 376375)
The Fiona Apple Central Park show was in July 2006. The WaMu show was in Sept. 2007.

Yep. I just found a clip of "I Remember" that I posted:

http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15141

There were maybe two more NYC shows I caught? The Maritime Hotel (Hiro Ballroom) and Radio City. I *think* that was it for my NYC shows . . .

dawno 10-16-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwelsh8 (Post 376376)
Yep. I just found a clip of "I Remember" that I posted:

http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15141

There were maybe two more NYC shows I caught? The Maritime Hotel (Hiro Ballroom) and Radio City. I *think* that was it for my NYC shows . . .

I remember watching your clip way back then...

Yes, there was the Hiro show in Nov 2006, and then there were two Beacon shows in Dec. 2006. I missed the two Beacon shows and the Tower Theatre show in Philly due to my mother's sudden death.

I did however, make it to Radio City and the WaMu show, which was the last time I saw him.

jwelsh8 10-16-2014 06:20 PM

Damn, that is right. The Beacon, too. There were two of them? I *think* we just did one of those shows.

DesoleInBoston 10-16-2014 06:26 PM

I am an optimist to a fault, but I don't think Warner Brothers marketing department would direct millions of fans to Damien's FB page with the new video and then follow it up with more last minute show cancellations.

With that said, HAVE FUN GUYS!!!

LilyT 10-16-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesoleInBoston (Post 376380)
I am an optimist to a fault, but I don't think Warner Brothers marketing department would direct millions of fans to Damien's FB page with the new video and then follow it up with more last minute show cancellations.

With that said, HAVE FUN GUYS!!!

I'm thinking the same thing! :hello2:

conanemily 10-16-2014 07:19 PM

via FB:

If you are attending tonight’s show at The Box in NYC, please remember that the show will begin at 7pm sharp. Doors open at 5:30pm.

YAY!!!

RenataAQP 10-16-2014 07:36 PM

:D enjoy it!

CoffeeFlavoredEverything 10-16-2014 08:07 PM

The show is still going on. I just got here and heard from two lovely ladies waiting out in front that they were bringing in instruments, alcohol, etc.

signalfire 10-16-2014 08:22 PM

Have an amazing time! I do hope he's feeling much better and not forcing it. I look forward to your reports.

LilyT 10-16-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoffeeFlavoredEverything (Post 376395)
The show is still going on. I just got here and heard from two lovely ladies waiting out in front that they were bringing in instruments, alcohol, etc.

Best news I've heard all week! Yaaaaaaay! have a great time!

poetess85 10-16-2014 08:23 PM

Have fun tonight! I will be at the Saturday show :).

lod 10-16-2014 08:27 PM

We,the Eskimo friends are all looking forward to the reviews .. I hope he's had plenty of rest,maybe a hot whiskey or two and is raring to go! :-D have a brilliant night

amyyhc 10-16-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

so good to hear!

madhat181 10-16-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Is the box office open yet?
If it is can you see if they are selling any tickets or if there is some sort of waiting list?

Thanks!

CoffeeFlavoredEverything 10-16-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhat181 (Post 376402)
Is the box office open yet?
If it is can you see if they are selling any tickets or if there is some sort of waiting list?

Thanks!

Nothing from the Box Office yet. The red velvet rope was pulled out but it's front of the front doors, not the BO. No waiting list as far as I can see either. On another note, we heard Damien sound checking!

luna245 10-16-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

A little less than an hour until doors, I'm so excited even though I'm not even going to tonight's show. But on that note, how long is the line so far?

CoffeeFlavoredEverything 10-16-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luna245 (Post 376407)
A little less than an hour until doors, I'm so excited even though I'm not even going to tonight's show. But on that note, how long is the line so far?

Not very long. Like 15 people surprisingly. They came around with a clipboard, asked for names, and stamped our hands. No room for scalpers. Next time they come around I'll ask about a wait list.

madhat181 10-16-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoffeeFlavoredEverything (Post 376409)
Not very long. Like 15 people surprisingly. They came around with a clipboard, asked for names, and stamped our hands. No room for scalpers. Next time they come around I'll ask about a wait list.

Cool thanks! Is the stamp DR logo? I know he likes to make the passes artwork from his albums.

ashleyz 10-16-2014 11:10 PM

Have fun tonight everyone!!!

jwelsh8 10-17-2014 02:21 AM

More to come. But as we come down from the show at Loreley, I thought someone should post a setlist! I should say it was amazing -- of course. He sounded great despite his ear issue, the crowd was incredibly respectful (hard sometimes here), and the intimacy lead to rarities.

Damien Rice
10-16-3014
The Box

Insane
I Don't Want to Change You
talk "Dizzy/Nice Sides"
Delicate
9 Crimes
My Favourite Faded Fantasy (debut, in full)
Older Chests
talk "Anything you want to hear"
What if I'm Wrong (Ordinary Day)
Sand (yay!)
Rootless Tree
Cannonball
Lonelilly
Elephant
Greatest Bastard
Volcano (with crowd members)
Box
I Remember

mikerennie 10-17-2014 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwelsh8 (Post 376416)
More to come. But as we come down from the show at Loreley, I thought someone should post a setlist! I should say it was amazing -- of course. He sounded great despite his ear issue, the crowd was incredibly respectful (hard sometimes here), and the intimacy lead to rarities.

Damien Rice
10-16-3014
The Box

Insane
I Don't Want to Change You
talk "Dizzy/Nice Sides"
Delicate
9 Crimes
My Favourite Faded Fantasy (debut, in full)
Older Chests
talk "Anything you want to hear"
What if I'm Wrong (Ordinary Day)
Sand (yay!)
Rootless Tree
Cannonball
Lonelilly
Elephant
Greatest Bastard
Volcano (with crowd members)
Box
I Remember

Thanks so much for posting!!! Ive been refreshing all evening to hear any news :)

Cant wait for tomorrow night and Saturday!

InspirationDestination 10-17-2014 02:29 AM

Could say that it was one of the best experiences of my life and really mean it!! Tiny venue and we were sitting on the steps of the stage. He's still sick, but not dizzy anymore. He said he can only hear out of one ear. You could tell he was sick, but he sounded amazing!

He was sweet and fun. He said the audience was so close, he could spit on us! I'm in a daze, so can't give complete details with accuracy. He took requests! He played Box, MFFF, IDWTCY, and obscure songs! Insane! SAND!! What if I'm wrong! Lonelily! He couldn't remember the lyrics to some of the rare songs.He joked that we would put the videos on YouTube and say he was ****e (or something to that effect). NEVER! Forgetting lyrics made him more charming.

Can't wait to do it again tomorrow. Life is good!