The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Last Broadcast (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4352)

DonalC 06-16-2004 08:35 AM

Was anyone listening to Dave Fanning last night ? They played Lonely Soilder on it. Wasn't really my cuppa tea but the langers on the show went off on a major tangent sayin how crap Damien Rice was grrrrrrrr.

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 08:52 AM

Seriously? Whowere they? Ooh I'm mad [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Banjaxed 06-16-2004 09:06 AM

I heard about that alright... I didn't hear the show tho, cause I was listening to Today FM, waiting for Damo's interview which didn't happen.

Paraphrasing Tom Dunne: "I called (damo's people) earlier today to check that everything was ok for the interview. The said it was fine and he was still up and looking forward to it. Then I realised it was 6am in New York (presumably where damo was) and there was no way it was gonna happen."

And it didn't. He said hopefully he'd get to speak to him tonght (Wed 16th) instead.

DonalC 06-16-2004 09:20 AM

Dunno who they were Imissed the start where he was introducin them, some northern fella, a girl that sounded like she was American and a freelance journo that does gig/music/film reviews for various papers. Major Damo bashin goin on though the feckers. I was flickin to Today FM after 7 for the interview but as banjaxed said there was no sign of it. I'm also listening to O at work at the moment, It don't get much better then this [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

D

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 09:23 AM

The CD player in work doesn't work :-( Still Ray rocks

What kind of stuff were they saying about him? I'm curious!

DonalC 06-16-2004 09:25 AM

When the song finished the northern fella was makin snoreing noises and then they all launched into sayin how boring and Middle of the road he was. Just generally not havin a clue ya know.

D

P.S who's Ray ?

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 09:27 AM

[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]Die Northern guy die [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Ray D'arcy-the king of radio! Know him now?

DonalC 06-16-2004 09:29 AM

Yeah but it was on the Last Broadcast which is Dave Fanning's show [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 09:32 AM

Too many DJs!

I'm listening to Ray now as the CD player doesn't work,that's why I brought him up. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

I'm the worst person to wreck a topic. Sorry!

DonalC 06-16-2004 09:33 AM

Your grand sure, whats Ray upto today ?

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 09:36 AM

Well apart from playing Cannonball as I was writing post on it (freaky) he's being his usual funny self. I'm hoping he'll try to shear another sheep like he did last week. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Which Damien song's on now?

DonalC 06-16-2004 09:39 AM

Just finished Listening to Lisa singing Silent Night, she has the most amazing voice on the planet,it sure beats tryin to come up with a Directory structure for projects at work:)

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 09:42 AM

Good Lord! What do you do?

Well anything's better than doing job cards in a garage cos the person who's supposed to do them keeps giving them to me! [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

DonalC 06-16-2004 09:44 AM

I'm doin UI design for AOL, its a grand place to work actually I'm just moanin cause I'm tired [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

mestonf 06-16-2004 09:45 AM

ahhhh the joys of only being 16 and not having to work!

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 09:50 AM

Damn you mestonf [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

AOL as in America OnLine? UI as in emmm...universal i(e)ngineering? [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Hmmm,bet you're just saying that in case someone comes across this in your history items! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

DonalC 06-16-2004 09:54 AM

Ha ha ha [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]yeah its America Online,UIislike Graphic design but just more deciding what information there should be on the screen and where it should go. Interesting enough, just started there a few weeks ago, had to move up from the country to the big smoke.

D

P.S Damn you also mestonf [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 09:57 AM

I'm thinking Dublin-it's nice enough once you're there for a while so long as you ignore all the "busy,I'm so great in my 04 Merc" people and escape to the country every once in a while. But the business people on the mobiles bugs me bigtime [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

DonalC 06-16-2004 09:59 AM

Yeah its alright so far, haven't been out much just gettin to know the area its all good though, where you from yourself ?

D

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 10:01 AM

Wexford!!!Hurlers of theyear!!! Well so far anyway,I'll probably regret saying that in a few weeks time [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]You?

But in college in UCD.

DonalC 06-16-2004 10:03 AM

From Shannon but livin up here for the next year anyway, what you studyin in UCD ?

D

mestonf 06-16-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Joey

Damn you mestonf [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]*[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]P]

hehehehehehehe

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 10:29 AM

Psychology and don't laugh please cos most people do! It's fun but I'm going to be in college FOREVER.

Was down your part of the country last year though,primary teaching in Limerick,children are mean in classrooms [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

mestonf you're not going the right wayto get that CD...

DonalC 06-16-2004 11:02 AM

Nah Psychology's cool me oul fellahas a practice in shannonand I've read a few books on it its well interesting. Where abouts in Limerick were you teachin ? There's some proper rough spots there [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]No offence to anyone but the whole family on both sides are from there so its ok for me to slag it off [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 11:06 AM

Hmmmm.... [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Well it was teaching practice in Askeaton,the city would have been worse but still...[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img] Was in Mary I,that lovely modern college...NOT!

DonalC 06-16-2004 11:14 AM

Yeah its mad the huge photograph of the first students in MaryI is grim, two friends of mine went there you might know them actually Laura Hogan and Sarah Burke, they were doin teachin or somethin along those lines

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 11:17 AM

Don't know them off the top of my head no...it's a scary place...crucifixes in the canteen...a Lourdes corridor

*shudders*

But the students are lovely,made some great friends. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

DonalC 06-16-2004 11:27 AM

Only visited it the once but the religion stuff was enough to make me not want to go back again [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Michelle Joey 06-16-2004 11:29 AM

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]Still a good place for the fellas There was 50 in my class,48 girls and 2 lads [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

DonalC 06-16-2004 12:04 PM

Heard that alright but do they not call it the Virgin Megastore in Limerick [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]