The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Stuff (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Some New Recordings (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6048)

rubthabuddha 10-14-2004 04:20 AM

Hey guys. I've been in the studio recently recording some of my instrumental work and am really excited about the result. But I would like to get some feedback on the quality and playing. If you have the time, take a listen at www.adamwhiting.net and go to the music page. My favorite is Koyunbaba, especially the Presto movement. I would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Adam

mjb79 10-14-2004 04:57 PM

hey adam, creative guitar work!

voteKerry.

~mike

www.mikebergermusic.com

Jgrg1984 10-14-2004 10:51 PM

great job adam....i cant wait till i start to "officially" record my stuff....love the website also..

on another note...this is not meant to start controversy or to disrespect, but speaking as a person who holds democracy very strongly, i think it would be best if things like "vote kerry" or "vote bush" were left out of posts. Each individual has the right and capability to form their own opinions and other should not press their opinions on others. Why not simply say vote...because that is what really matters....Once again, this is not meant to draw out a long discussion or start any controversy.

mjb79 10-15-2004 12:36 PM

if you take a look at Adam's Links page, he has a link to MoveOn.org... he's obviously not a Bush fan. relax.

~mike

coreybyrnes 10-15-2004 04:10 PM

damn adam... that's some quick guitar work on "presto"... nice job man... i assume that's one track right? in other words you didn't layer separate tracks you recorded at separate times right?

rubthabuddha 10-16-2004 02:04 PM

yeah, that is one track. thanks for your kind words. it is in an alternate tuning of DADADF, so an open strum sounds like a D Minor chord. it makes a great droning sound on the lower strings.

again, thanks for listening.

adam

chris p 10-16-2004 02:46 PM

that's amazing stuff!! great going mate, that's the sort of stuff i dream about playing. hope it takes you far!!

coreybyrnes 10-18-2004 02:26 PM

DADADF huh? never tried that one... i love open tunings like that... i always keep an acoustic in DADDDD... i love that one... keep it up man... stay well

reyvee61 10-30-2004 11:12 PM

Hi Adam,

Presto,

This is excellent work my friend, there are some small glitches here and there but the overall performance is great.

Is this a part of a larger work, in the classical sense it would be a great movement in a larger body of work. The recording is fine indeed!

Peace

Sometimes I am a dummy, I see that this indeed a part of a larger piece, I'll listen to the piece in its entirety tonight!Edited by: reyvee61

cindy8219 10-30-2004 11:21 PM

wow. Adam I'm very impressed. [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

reyvee61 10-30-2004 11:23 PM

Point of Reference is my favorite so far of your vocalised songs, the intro's are a tad long on most of the songs I heard before the vocals start. I would try to shorten them to sustain listener attention, I personally dont mind cause I love the guitar and you are an excellent player.

Great work!

rubthabuddha 10-31-2004 03:04 PM

Wow. Thank you for taking the time to listen to the songs.

Reyvee61: Presto is the 4th Movement of a Piece called Koyunbaba. All four movements that are listed on the website are a part of that piece.

And I do agree that the intro's are alittle long. All of the songs that I wrote on the site are live unedited recordings. The long intro's are necessary to add all of the layers of the guitar looping before I can proceed. I am in the studio right now recording my first CD, and in the studio versions the intro's will be much shorter.

Thanks again everybody for listening, it means a lot.

Adam

reyvee61 10-31-2004 10:35 PM

Ahh, loop layers, that explains it.....

No Problem Adam,

Keep us posted on the latest!Edited by: reyvee61