The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   RIP Michael Jackson (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15965)

Joyful 06-26-2009 02:41 AM

RIP Michael Jackson

He was an amazing entertainer and talent for many years, before he became the punchline of so many jokes.
RIP Michael Jackson.

Devushka 06-26-2009 04:35 AM

I'm so shocked... I just can't believe it!
I loved him since I was little.... I don't even know what to say... I feel aweful

dboyd 06-26-2009 05:18 AM

I couldn't believe it... infact i didn't until i got a text from a friend i trust... I was working and people started saying "omg mj died..." and i just thought okay it's a rumor.... Then i got a text from my friend and i am just shocked.... I didn't see it coming at all....

The King of Pop has left us too soon. Amazing talent, dancing like no other and just a real legend that will live forever.

RIP MJ

borneoman 06-26-2009 07:46 AM

oh just read about it, didn't hear it yesterday!!!

he was a genious, you cannot deny that. I really like his Bad & Thriller abums, also the earlier ones

bearbait 06-26-2009 01:01 PM

I think it is so sad that he never got the help he needed. The man clearly had a very troubled life. Maybe all child stars should be put into mandatory therapy at an early age to help them become normal adults.

Cerque 06-26-2009 01:02 PM

:(

god be with you MJ

Rai 06-26-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearbait (Post 349426)
I think it is so sad that he never got the help he needed. The man clearly had a very troubled life. Maybe all child stars should be put into mandatory therapy at an early age to help them become normal adults.

I say every child star's parents should be put into mandatory therapy as fast as possible and the kid rescued from his/her abusive environment.

Joyful 06-26-2009 04:24 PM

When I was 11, I stayed up all night long (with my parents blessing) trying to call in and win tickets to see MJ's Victory Tour. Tickets were really expensive and the radio was giving away 2 every hour. I never won and was so upset. I did get so see him when I was 16 for his BAD tour. I was not so into him anymore, but it was still a great show.
He had some major issues for sure, but also a lot of talent.

Now does this mean that the remaining Beatles get the rights to their songs again? I hope so.

And what happens to his kids?

dboyd 06-26-2009 11:20 PM

apparently he sold the rights to the beatles and a lot of his stuff because he was in debt.... before he passed away of course... I never really followed him closely so i don't know if that was true or not. My friend was telling me about it today.

Ships_Were_Sailin 06-27-2009 08:15 AM

They call him the king of pop but i would extend that to the king of music. To this day there is nothing out there that sounds like his music, he made music what it is today. Tis a real shame hes gone!

In a way however, his death means that everyone will remember MJ through his glory days, with tracks like bad and thriller, instead of thinking about the mess he was always going through in the later part of his life.

Canadian Island 06-27-2009 10:31 AM

today we shall moonwalk the city and so show our respect for the artist in a most delightful way. anyone with me?

he was a perfectionist. maybe too much.

Cali 06-27-2009 08:04 PM

somebody said that he could never see himself the way people saw him. to me that's the saddest thing. his bastard father used to call him 'big nosed' and he was such a beautiful young kid but he thought he was ugly. then you add the wonderful talent... it's all so very sad.

the good thing is that it seems that people are remembering him for his music and not the drama. i'm flabbergasted by how gargantuan he was everywhere, i mean everywhere! he was definitely the greatest and it's very unlikely that anyone will ever achieve that level of fame+talent+longevity

The New York Times has a great article precisely about that. About how the new technologies and our collective ADD won't allow a single artist reach that kind of prominence: After Jackson, Fame May Never Be the Same

Joyful, i think he sold the Beatles catalog but at this point, that's a matter of speculation