The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Music (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Chris Cornell (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2672)

Volcano 02-22-2004 09:01 AM

The first time I heard noticed his songs was when I heard Soundgarden's Black Hole sun. I think It's A briliant song. LAst year I downloaded His Soloalbum "euphoria Morning" and I think It was great. Now I have got also "Audioslave" and "Temple of the dog" AND I think that He is a genius songwriter and Vocalist.

Is there any Other Cornell (Soundgarden, Temple of the dog, Audioslave) Fans out there?

Loveless 02-22-2004 09:50 AM

Yyou should really try and get the song he has on the "Singles" soundtrack, Seasons, it's fantastic. I was very disappointed with his solo album but I love the stuff he did with Soundgarden and Temple Of The Dog.

Hendrik 02-22-2004 10:02 AM

I like him very much. And Soundgarden. Haven't heard his solo album yet. But Audioslave is a bit lame to me, was disappointed when I listened to the debut. The only exception is "Show me how to live" or "Cochise".

Mojo_Pin1980 02-22-2004 11:12 AM

I love Audioslave and I love Chris' solo album![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Wave Goodbye is such a beautiful song![img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Volcano 02-22-2004 11:17 AM

I heard it was dedicated to Jeff Buckley.

Mojo_Pin1980 02-22-2004 11:18 AM

That is correct[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

catcherjf 02-23-2004 06:19 PM

i sa them in concert (audioslave) and they are really good, and chris is very easy on the eyes..............mmmmm

Spanky 02-24-2004 03:45 AM

Everything Chris Cornell touches turns to gold!! Except the Solo album, didn't think it was too good. The Temple Of The Dog album is superb especially Say Hello to Heaven...

Volcano 02-24-2004 05:49 AM

I think his best songs are those who are dedicated to his dead friends

Spanky 02-24-2004 10:28 AM

Definately. Say Hello To Heaven is about Andrew Wood, in fact the album only came out because of his death (I'm sure everyone already know this so I'm gonna shuddup)

Hendrik 01-01-2010 12:58 PM

Soundgarden

Chris Cornell just posted this on his website:

Quote:

The 12 year break is over & school is back in session. Sign up now. Knights of the Soundtable ride again! www.soundgardenworld.com
= Soundgarden Reunion! :hello2:

#Ian# 01-02-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrik (Post 354936)
Chris Cornell just posted this on his website:

= Soundgarden Reunion! :hello2:

Can't wait for Timbaland to get into the studio with them.

hazey 01-02-2010 05:38 PM

^ Very suave.

Awesome that we're back to that discussion. Where's SisterMidnight to spank you all with a willow branch?

SisterMidnight 02-01-2010 04:12 AM

haha just saw this.. i do have a willow tree in my backyard :smiley15:

yay for a soundgarden reunion!

chris played a solo acoustic show at the troubaour in LA a couple of nights ago, a youtuber uploaded most/all of the gig

http://www.youtube.com/user/TenaciousLibbs

he did some solo acoustic dates back in december, too. part of his songbook series of acoustic gigs. this hidden track from scream got renamed and reclaimed from timbaland's production to it's original glory

Hendrik 04-18-2010 05:58 PM

I hope for a nice comeback album! :D :icon_pray

dawno 04-18-2010 10:42 PM

really wish they were supporting pearl jam this spring... matt cameron could play a short set with soundgarden and then a long one with pj :D

SisterMidnight 04-22-2010 06:06 AM

pfft.. pearl jam should support soundgarden ;)

no offense to the PJ fans, but matt's style fits soundgarden better. he's an amazing drummer that just comes off as uninspired when he's with pearl jam imo. besides, SG saw him first haha

^^ those are actually two really early songs from 87 & 88. hunted down was their first single and beyond the wheel is off their debut album, ultramega ok. rare treats, nonetheless.

the whole show is on dime if anyone is interested. this is the secret reunion gig they played in seattle on april 16th billed as "nudedragons", an anagram for soundgarden. :D

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=299666

dawno 04-22-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight (Post 358113)
pfft.. pearl jam should support soundgarden ;)

no offense to the PJ fans, but matt's style fits soundgarden better. he's an amazing drummer that just comes off as uninspired when he's with pearl jam imo. besides, SG saw him first haha

have to disagree with you about which band should be the support act melissa, especially since i'm seeing 4 pj shows in a few weeks :icon_kidr

that said, i concur. matt IS a better fit as a drummer with soundgarden