The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Project: Eskimo Concert (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14330)

lalla32 06-08-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenBledsoe
dont use ayn in defense. im not rejecting his individual liberties. im calling him out on seeming to not have any empathy nor to give a **** about people who have waited for hours to see him. both sides to this argument are reasonable, i will admit. however, when the chips fall damien's fans are loyal and a simple picture isnt that much to ask.

But he spends time talking with everyone who has waited to meet him after shows... I surely value this so much more than a stupid autograph...
I'm not sure about the pictures... because they give you the occasion to hug him... hmmmm... but I have heard he gives free hugs too so I wouldn't call him selfish! :P

I think the concert is a wonderful idea but I admit I have no idea how to make it work. Would it be hard to find out if some other artist ever did something like this for his loyal fans and how he made it work? They usually do stuff like this for official fan clubs...

Polar 06-08-2007 04:08 PM

so let me get this straight.

You want Damien Rice to play a concert for just eskimofriends?...who would decide whos an eskimo? Am i an eskimo? I sure hope not. What makes you think that you are better than any other fans and that Damien would come running?

LaurenM 06-08-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar
so let me get this straight.

You want Damien Rice to play a concert for just eskimofriends?...who would decide whos an eskimo? Am i an eskimo? I sure hope not. What makes you think that you are better than any other fans and that Damien would come running?

an eskimo is anyone on this site and anyone that registers on the future.

Tommy 06-08-2007 05:10 PM

This is ****ing queer, stop bitching theres more chance of me metamorphasising into a goat that Damien playing an eskimo gig anyways so stfu.

Thom

Dean C 06-08-2007 05:24 PM

Quite honestly there's more chance of me bending over and letting Spamlet take me up the bum, than this ever materialising. **** like this just doesn't happen. Good luck wasting your time :)

Tommy 06-08-2007 05:26 PM

This thread makes me want to post the lyrics to that song I wrote "All The Eskimos Are Wankers" lol Dean

Tommy 06-08-2007 05:29 PM

Heres a taster for you kinky bitches

Lauren you're kinda fit, but why you worship god
come a little closer and get down on my love rod
I wanna know what damo's doing, who is he bonin
if i wanted your ****ing opinions i'd ask for a pissin phone-in

Credit to DeanC for those two couplets

:)

Thom

Dean C 06-08-2007 05:33 PM

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/4...acklivefd1.jpg

Tommy lol

ZachC 06-08-2007 06:01 PM

this is just getting ridiculous .....

wrong person sorry tommy

Tommy 06-08-2007 06:02 PM

When did I say that lol

Spencer 06-08-2007 06:39 PM

Ok this is a fantastic idea!
It seems the the majority of eskimos are in the US.....which is unfourtunate. Though that doesn't make it impossible to have a gig over their. It would mean cheap flights and probably a need for some eskimos letting others stay in their igloo but hey why not?

Also the live stream idea i like it. But i think its on too small a scale. Would be awesome if we could genuinaly do a gig?
Couple of q's

1) Who is going to play?
2) What are they going to play?
3) How major do you want to make this?

Am i wrong in assuming that "eskimo friends" is the biggest DR fan site? Therefore why not make something huge out of this? invite Damien and Lisa (and just force them to have a reunion while we're at it). They might say no, especially being busy but why not?
(apologies for my ideas running away with me) :P

J.M.C 06-08-2007 06:45 PM

When I thort this couldnt get worse....

It so just did

J.M.C 06-08-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spencer
Couple of q's

1) Who is going to play?
2) What are they going to play?
3) How major do you want to make this?

1)You are going to be support
2)They will play a whole new album I am guessing
3)As big as live aid, this is much more important

Spencer 06-08-2007 06:55 PM

lol, well you know gettin involved was never such a bad thing....

Tommy 06-08-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.M.C

Lol

Dean C 06-08-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.M.C

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5897/6820055237ia3.jpg

deal135 06-08-2007 09:28 PM

Can i just say that maybe Damien would like this idea. Maybe he hates the "where's lisa" & "play creep" people as much as the real fans... so he may actually enjoy playing a gig without them for a change
Just wait for Damien (or his manager or whoever) to say no before saying its never gonna happen

Rue Saint-Denis 06-08-2007 09:33 PM

And look where the pessimists brought us now.

deal135 06-08-2007 09:41 PM

sorry i suppose that was badly worded (i am a little tipsy at the mo)... but we just need to wait for an answer either way!

Valentino 06-09-2007 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rue Saint-Denis
And look where the pessimists brought us now.

That's exactly what people fail to understand. And yet somehow, by calling them pessimists it never puts a stop to their tirade of nonsense. Look, the point is plain and simple: Either you decide to contribute something of value that will help to get this idea off the ground (once we have the okay to do so) or you just mind yourself and realize you're only wasting your own time. Think about it, we're left with no other ideal but to believe that you're nothing but attention-w h o r e s when it's clear that you're posting more on this thread than those who actually believe in it! Am I clear enough for ya?

If not, I suggest you hire a private tutor and hopefully they'll know how to pull that rod out of your ass. And if you can't afford a private tutor (which I'm sure is the case cuz if you actually had a job you wouldn't spend so much time online) then maybe we can organize a donation fund in which we all contribute some cash in order to help bring awareness to the fact that you're nothing but sperm gone bad. Now there's an idea! :smiley32:

Tommy 06-09-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino
That's exactly what people fail to understand. And yet somehow, by calling them pessimists it never puts a stop to their tirade of nonsense. Look, the point is plain and simple: Either you decide to contribute something of value that will help to get this idea off the ground (once we have the okay to do so) or you just mind yourself and realize you're only wasting your own time. Think about it, we're left with no other ideal but to believe that you're nothing but attention-w h o r e s when it's clear that you're posting more on this thread than those who actually believe in it! Am I clear enough for ya?

If not, I suggest you hire a private tutor and hopefully they'll know how to pull that rod out of your ass. And if you can't afford a private tutor (which I'm sure is the case cuz if you actually had a job you wouldn't spend so much time online) then maybe we can organize a donation fund in which we all contribute some cash in order to help bring awareness to the fact that you're nothing but sperm gone bad. Now there's an idea! :smiley32:

Lol

J.M.C 06-09-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino

haha

1)You cant tell me were to post and what to post, you may think you can have a private gig but you cant now get rid of freedom of speach.
2)if were wasting our time being negative or giving an opinion as it used to be called, your wasting your time putting all your effort into telling us and not trying to make this thing work
3)you want to make a donation fund before anyone to do with damien rice has even got back to you? good one.

Ships_Were_Sailin 06-09-2007 11:58 AM

2 things i have realised from this topic, one, who all the pricks are, not naming names but some of you i considered to be pretty cool until your mindless idiotic immature posts here, so go shove a pipe somewhere, your choice as to where. and not talking about JMC or glitrgirl or anyone who expressed their opinion in a mature way, they have right to their opinion, but the others who are like "LOLz this is soo stoopid wake up dreamers lol Look AT my RAP LOLZORS ME n Dean Rule!" slight give away, but whatever.

another thing, i agree with lauren, i would expect damien to give something back to his fans, but seeing as he is so openly unhappy with his life at the moment it doesn surprise me that he wouldent. that quote he said about music that was on the front page a bit ago, it was something like

"people think bieng a musician is such a great job, so magical, where as i see my self as someone who manufactures plastic"

(i could have just went and copied and pasted the exact quote, but cant be arsed)

That quote sums up damien rice for me, a man who has big talent, but has completely lost the drive and the love for what he does, which is why he is becoming so bitter, and will eventually drve people away from him until he bites the dust and becomes a farmer in sweeden, say what you want id better a tenner that within the next 2 years he will be tending sheep.

anyway, i forgot why i went into that rant, i think i have a point, oh yeah, thats why i cant really see him doing this anymore, he simply doesnt care enough in my opinion.

the sad thing is he used to be so different, he used to love what he does, his interviews were a pleasure to watch as he spoke so well about what his music means to him, and now youd be lucky to see him without throwing a mood on stage, or being particularly moody in an interview.

the above post is all my opinion, so dont go beating on me, well you can if you want but make it quick, its just something thats been bugging me about damien recently, and this is also why i cant see this happenening anymore.

J.M.C 06-09-2007 12:12 PM

another goood mature post, finally.

Tommy 06-09-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ships_Were_Sailin
2 things i have realised from this topic, one, who all the pricks are, not naming names but some of you i considered to be pretty cool until your mindless idiotic immature posts here, so go shove a pipe somewhere, your choice as to where. and not talking about JMC or glitrgirl or anyone who expressed their opinion in a mature way, they have right to their opinion, but the others who are like "LOLz this is soo stoopid wake up dreamers lol Look AT my RAP LOLZORS ME n Dean Rule!" slight give away, but whatever.

another thing, i agree with lauren, i would expect damien to give something back to his fans, but seeing as he is so openly unhappy with his life at the moment it doesn surprise me that he wouldent. that quote he said about music that was on the front page a bit ago, it was something like

"people think bieng a musician is such a great job, so magical, where as i see my self as someone who manufactures plastic"

(i could have just went and copied and pasted the exact quote, but cant be arsed)

That quote sums up damien rice for me, a man who has big talent, but has completely lost the drive and the love for what he does, which is why he is becoming so bitter, and will eventually drve people away from him until he bites the dust and becomes a farmer in sweeden, say what you want id better a tenner that within the next 2 years he will be tending sheep.

anyway, i forgot why i went into that rant, i think i have a point, oh yeah, thats why i cant really see him doing this anymore, he simply doesnt care enough in my opinion.

the sad thing is he used to be so different, he used to love what he does, his interviews were a pleasure to watch as he spoke so well about what his music means to him, and now youd be lucky to see him without throwing a mood on stage, or being particularly moody in an interview.

the above post is all my opinion, so dont go beating on me, well you can if you want but make it quick, its just something thats been bugging me about damien recently, and this is also why i cant see this happenening anymore.

Lol..... this thread doesnt deserve maturity to be honest, its the same as when your a kid in a playground and you decide your gonna make a Robot and get on Robot Wars or your going to go and win child gladiators, its just a bunch of people talking about something thats never going to happen. The reason I start ****ing around in threads like this is that people try and just act more intelligently than other people as if that makes their opinions more correct, its all a pile of bollocks, people quoting other people to try and prove points and just talking utter ****, when i see stuff like that all I want to do is just draw attention to how moronic people are.

Thom

P.S I like how you have a go at my immature posts and then follow it directly by "go shove a pipe somewhere" haha.

ZachC 06-09-2007 01:39 PM

all i have to say is .. never say never

Spamlet 06-09-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean C
Quite honestly there's more chance of me bending over and letting Spamlet take me up the bum, than this ever materialising. **** like this just doesn't happen. Good luck wasting your time :)

Unless Dean is short for Deana AND you've got a bum like Beyonce's, I'm afraid I'm not interested in fulfilling your perverted fantasies.

I'm flattered and all but clearly you need to go re-read "The Virtue of Selfishness" because you're encroaching upon my moral beliefs with your lusty desires.

I won't sacrifice myself only to pay the unobvious cost of feeling horrible (sometime, maybe not right away) due to taking on that unearned guilt. :smiley28:

Tommy 06-09-2007 09:29 PM

Max respect to the Spameister for the previous post

SisterMidnight 06-10-2007 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spamlet
Unless Dean is short for Deana AND you've got a bum like Beyonce's, I'm afraid I'm not interested in fulfilling your perverted fantasies.

I'm flattered and all but clearly you need to go re-read "The Virtue of Selfishness" because you're encroaching upon my moral beliefs with your lusty desires.

I won't sacrifice myself only to pay the unobvious cost of feeling horrible (sometime, maybe not right away) due to taking on that unearned guilt. :smiley28:

:smiley36:

i'd been avoiding this thread but that was too funny

dean and tommy behave yourselves tut tut

who else is in the eskimo wanker song? :smiley24:

Dean C 06-10-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spamlet

Well maybe when this concert materialises you can see my bum for yourself hun ;)