The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Big Tree Lineup For Electric Picnic (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11156)

Bumpman 08-25-2006 03:22 PM

Big Tree Lineup For Electric Picnic

Friday

Damien Rice & Lisa Hannigan, Vetiver, Kate Earl, Jape,
Rhob Cunningham, David O Doherty, Carrie Tree, Gemma Hayes,
Roesy, David Kitt, DJ Sally, Redneck Manifesto

Saturday

Matt Meade, Carnival Saloon, Martha Mouse, Dave Geraghty,
Kid With No Eyes, Delorentes, Alexi Murdoch, Cora Venus Lunny,
Fionn Regan, Pedestrian, Paul Noonan, Chequerboard,
Vyvienne Long, Boss Volenti, DJ Andy Barlow and Donal Dineen

Sunday

The Walls, Dawn Kenny, Jerry Fish, Duke Special, Neosupervital,
David Hopkins, Mundy, The Swell Season, Mel Seme, Saul Williams,
Dublin Gospel Choir, DJ David Kitt

(More to be added)

Cali 08-25-2006 03:41 PM

*reads and dies**

ohhhh, lucky bastards!!!!!!!

Bumpman 08-25-2006 03:59 PM

Ah it's nothing compared to the other stages... It basically just seems to be where they're sticking all of the Irish acts, probably to have the other stages be more eclectic or something. I'm really looking forward to some of the stuff on it though. Neosupervital, Paul Noonan and Dave Geraghty will be a bit of a treat methinks. I wonder if Dave will be playing stuff by The Rotators (as opposed to his Bell X1 songs that is). Vyvienne Long, Swell Season, Redneck Manifesto and Duke Special should be pretty great too... As long as they don't clash with anything else.

Gatsby 08-25-2006 04:27 PM

i was hoping the rotators would play. imo they could even outshine bell x1 if they were ever to release anything. not hard to see where all the brains are coming from

this lineup has confirmed im definately going now

so glen is playing with both the frames and the swell season.. looks like another hansard weekend :icon_kidr
im not complaining tho

Bumpman 08-25-2006 07:00 PM

It's weird that even though the bellies aren't playing there's three of it's members appearing
individually. I think I'd actually rather see The Swell Season then The Frames...
They have 'Leave' under their belts after all don't they?

Gatsby 08-25-2006 07:07 PM

i have to agree, i cant wait to hear a live version of "leave" and its perfect time for damien to hop up and help out :icon_bask

i may get my wish and hear "rise" done live by the frames. seeing as how its on the new album

the lineup is good. but to be honest i expected alot better and more underground. cant complain really tho

have you seen the rotators before live?

Gatsby 08-25-2006 07:11 PM

just noticed david (yawn) kitt is doing a dj set. thats a bit strange if he is planning on releasing a new album this year

maybe theres a designated campsite to go hear david kitt and make you fall asleep :icon_kidr

Bumpman 08-25-2006 07:43 PM

Well I guess it'll be the last thing on sunday night. Maybe Damo just thought "let's just get 'Yawn' Kitt to play some musical tunes and chill everyone out so much that it gets a bit cryogenic. I've never seen the Rotators live before but I once saw Jesus on a tortilla shell.

The stage itself is designed to be viewed by 2,000 people, then it gets closed off. It's a good idea, I won't be making a priority of very much on it, especially since PJ Harvey is headlining the Crawdaddy stage on the friday night. I may have to give Damo's headlining slot a miss (for the greater good).

Timeé 08-25-2006 07:55 PM

at least RTÉ will screen it for me.

see the news

Bumpman 08-26-2006 12:38 PM

Seems like the sort of thing that would be worth recording.
That is, if you knew anyone with the ability to record sound from television to hard drive...

SisterMidnight 08-27-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali
*reads and dies**

ohhhh, lucky bastards!!!!!!!

what she said..

have fun everybody who's going! :hello2: (so lucky)

it's all very exciting, even from 4000 miles away.. i don't suppose there would be a webcast of the event online anywhere.. would there? *hopes*

Bumpman 08-27-2006 01:42 PM

Yeah there will be, rte.ie should have it up.

#Ian# 08-27-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revelate
just noticed david (yawn) kitt is doing a dj set. thats a bit strange if he is planning on releasing a new album this year

Kittser's new album came out 9 days ago.

Some good stuff there, the only thing's I'd go to see at the expense of anything else good that's clashing would be Paul Noonan and Saul Williams (who is a priority for me actually, can't wait.) Everything else I either like nad have seen loads of times before or think is ****e.

Bumpman 08-27-2006 11:10 PM

Oh Ian, you're so indie and underrated.

#Ian# 08-28-2006 12:09 PM

I'm so indie I only chase woman from Montreal.

Bumpman 08-28-2006 12:30 PM

Like, Oh my god, that is like, sooooo amazing. :smiley36:

#Ian# 08-28-2006 05:02 PM

Totally man, totally.

#Ian# 08-28-2006 11:24 PM

Twice today it was implied by eskimo's that I'm an uber-indie arsehole. This is an unwelcome turn of events.

gomezxico 08-29-2006 07:55 AM

^i was leaning more towards valley girl than arse, but that's just me.

i really like the fact that its "Damien Rice & Lisa Hannigan" instead of just "Damien Rice (w/out the acknowledgment of Lisa Hannigan's presence)". I wonder if she'll do any solo stuff?

Cali 08-31-2006 06:05 AM

Have Fun Y'all!!!!