The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trading (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   9/10/03 Tree Finalized! (See Last Page) (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760)

Mario 10-04-2003 11:41 AM

Okay, what I want to try to do is start a tree for this show.

I'll organize what would look like a family tree, with me at the top. I'll make two copies of the show, and mail them to two people. Those two people will then burn two copies of the show, and mail them to two people each.

If it works out, hopefully, I'll make one of my copies to someone in Ireland, and everyone after that person will be in Ireland, and one to the US. That way there won't be excessive postage for anyone but me.

All you have to do to sign up is post here with your name, your full mailing address, and your email address.

If you already have this show, I'd love for you to sign up anyway, and then just pass it along to fill out the tree.Edited by: Mario

Dr:J 10-04-2003 11:44 AM

i doubt a lot of ppl are willing to put their real names and addys on an internet message board.

Mario 10-04-2003 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr:J
i doubt a lot of ppl are willing to put their real names and addys on an internet message board.

Good lord... there's nothign I can do with a name and address except mail you things. Its not a social security number or something...

But fine. If you don't want to post that here, email it with the subject "Damien Rice Tree" to me at:

mariodiclerico@aol.com

But please post something here too so I can be sure I don't leave anyone out.

kavu478 10-04-2003 12:54 PM

Mario,

I'd love to get in on this! Thanks for starting this up... I'll shoot you an email with my addy.

cheers,

steve
scstorm4@hotmail.comEdited by: kavu478

murphy 10-04-2003 01:26 PM

thank you mario. i am emailing you now.

patch22 10-04-2003 02:06 PM

hi mario
that would be great.
patchtheband@hotmail.com

22 thomas heskin court,
station road,
bishops stortford,
herts.
cm23 3ee

ben sommers

thanks man

AllThatLies 10-04-2003 02:07 PM

eh, i hate tree sh*t lol i just take a ton of b&ps for my recordings..ah well. i'll grab this one sooner or later.

jschau2 10-04-2003 02:23 PM

Hey,

this is so great---dropping you an email now.

thanks,

Janine

skysosmrt 10-04-2003 02:38 PM

Hey Mario,

Great idea. I'll represent the Canadian portion of the tree [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]I've sent you an e-mail.

farwellbooth 10-05-2003 01:52 PM

Would love to get in! You have mail James

farwellbooth@hotmail.com

mason 10-05-2003 11:15 PM

thanks mario- lots of fans here in LA who would love some live music.

AllThatLies 10-06-2003 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mason
thanks mario- lots of fans here in LA who would love some live music.

the LA show will be available in a few days :)

Uno- X 10-06-2003 05:48 AM

Can I get involved in this too?

mofo@navigator.lv

jordanwho 10-06-2003 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr:J

It's not just any random message board, its the Damien Rice Board. I don't think there are hundreds of weirdo's passing through this forum looking for addy's to steal.

Mario, big thanks! I'd love to get in this.

Mario 10-06-2003 12:05 PM

Just a reminder, you guys need to either:

1) Post here with your name, mailing, and email
address
OR
2)Email me your personal info and post here with
just your email address.

Confusing the two and just posting your email address here is not helpful in the least...

If you email me, I need your address posted here so I can cross reference and make sure I don't leave anyone out of the tree. (B/C your name here won't necessarily be your email address, so I'll think you are two different people).

I've gotten a good amount of responses. If you know any other message boards with Damo fans, feel free to give them a brief account of what Im doing, and post a link to this thread. I'll probably leave it open through the weekend, and send out the shows on October 15th.Edited by: Mario

tis_me_Tania 10-06-2003 12:13 PM

thx Mario.. very generious!

tis_me_tania@yahoo.com

Casca 10-06-2003 06:20 PM

i've emailed you tooo :)

Theresa@santos.plus.com is my email address

Uno- X 10-07-2003 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario
Just a reminder, you guys need to either:

1) Post here with your name, mailing, and email
address
OR
2)Email me your personal info and post here with
just your email address.

Confusing the two and just posting your email address here is not helpful in the least...

If you email me, I need your address posted here so I can cross reference and make sure I don't leave anyone out of the tree. (B/C your name here won't necessarily be your email address, so I'll think you are two different people).

I've gotten a good amount of responses. If you know any other message boards with Damo fans, feel free to give them a brief account of what Im doing, and post a link to this thread. I'll probably leave it open through the weekend, and send out the shows on October 15th.

OK

Una Upite
11-36 Gara Street
Valmiera
LV 4201
Latvia

mofo@navigator.lv

Mohawk 10-07-2003 08:12 AM

If there's also going to be an European Tree, than I'm gladly willing to participate....

My email adress is: robbyvandenhoek@hotmail.com

Robby van den Hoek

Van den Hummelstraat 5

5175CL Loon op Zand

The Netherlands

katinka 10-07-2003 08:32 AM

hey mohawk, welcome to eskimo-wonderland from harderwijk!!![img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

marina 10-07-2003 09:19 AM

ok going into hotmail now to mail you, cheers darlin'

katinka 10-07-2003 09:27 AM

i'm in as well mario [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

Corkey 10-07-2003 10:11 AM

Cool i'd love the show as well.

corkey84@yahoo.co.uk

brian 10-07-2003 11:54 AM

Great idea, good man

I'd love to hear that gig

lebossie@hotmail.com

daol20 10-07-2003 12:04 PM

OK, daol20"at"hotmail.com Edited by: daol20

Mario 10-07-2003 12:06 PM

Okay, for my information, is it more expensive to mail between Dublin and Norway?

I know its the same price throughout the US, has the EU standardized postage rates?

Essentially, should I make a third Non-Irish European branch? Or can I just make a North America and a Europe branch?

Angela 10-07-2003 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario
I know its the same price throughout the US, has the EU standardized postage rates?

We pride ourselves of diversity [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] They are absolutely not the same! Germany's I know are completely ridiculous. Dutch postal rates are a lot cheaper.

And also, they are *all* a lot more expensive then USPS. Ireland -> US is about $3.50 for a CD w/jewel case, just for comparison purposes. You pay that much just to send a regular one-page letter from Germany to the US!

LauraT 10-07-2003 01:04 PM

Hey, I'm also interested..

funkyferrit@hotmail.com

Thanks

(By the way I am from England, not Afghanistan. I have no idea why it says that there, as I selected the UK on my profile!)Edited by: LauraT

farwellbooth 10-07-2003 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela Ireland
-> US is about $3.50 for a CD w/jewel case

Please don't send jewel cases. Use a sleeve. Not only does the jewel case often break, the plastic shrapnel then destroys the cd [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img] Can only imagine what it would look like after crossing the big pond. Edited by: farwellbooth

Mario 10-07-2003 02:29 PM

Okay.

1) Alright, so then these are the options. I'll either just do all of Europe, or send one to Ireland, and from there create a European subbranch, and an Irish subbranch. (I hope thats clear enough to understand.)

2) Farwell, yes, but thats way to specific for me to regulate for everyone to do, especially for the first tree. Sorry, we have to just hope.