The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Stuff (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nine Crimes cover. (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11163)

Fool 08-27-2006 02:48 PM

Nine Crimes cover.

http://www.myspace.com/benbroommusic

This is a cover I did with a friend from Leeds, about 6 months ago. Was gonna post it straight up here, but you lot intimidate me :icon_pray so I wanted to get others opinions before I put it up here.

Everyone else likes it, so what do you guys and gals think?

Cheers.

ps. Excuse the poor guitar recording, it was my old, crappy guitar, being direct recorded.

Also, I've just realised how badly Myspace compresses the mp3s, if anyone likes it, and would like to hear it in its original quality, which to me makes a massive difference, just ask.

carvinC980t_kid 08-27-2006 05:21 PM

sounds good man!

Fool 08-28-2006 02:31 PM

Anyone else?

Bluestars 08-28-2006 11:57 PM

I really like it. would you mind putting it in a downloadable format. You have a very pleasing voice. I listened to your other stuff also. You got talent. :hello2:

Fool 08-29-2006 07:21 AM

:wave: Thanks bluestars. You can download from the myspace page, but if you'd like it higher quality I can sort it out for you. What format would you want?

Bluestars 08-29-2006 08:41 AM

Anything that I can play on Itunes would be wonderful. Thank you. You are a pal.

Terriman 09-05-2006 10:32 PM

Guitar too low, you're voice too high. Anyway, nice try.

Tommy 09-05-2006 10:36 PM

I thought it was good, ignore Terriman. Whenever i hear cover i never want to hear a carbon copy of the original and as a interpretation this is very good :)

Thom

Terriman 09-06-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy
Whenever i hear cover i never want to hear a carbon copy of the original

Yeah, me neither, but I own a record label and i know what i'm talking about. That was a pro opinion; you take it or you leave it it's up to you

Regards.

Greenmeanie 09-06-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terriman
I own a record label

:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36::smiley36:

G2020 09-07-2006 11:37 AM

????

:icon_pray wow really a record label?????? are you sure??? its just that id imagine someone who "owns" a record label would have something a little more constructive or professional to say than just "guitar too low, voice too high"

eejit.

p.s great cover by the way.

Fool 09-07-2006 03:36 PM

Thanks guys! :hello2:

And thanks for the super-pro-advice Terriman. It was ever so helpful.

Any useful, constructive criticisms anyone?

Tommy 09-07-2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

Yeah, me neither, but I own a record label and i know what i'm talking about. That was a pro opinion; you take it or you leave it it's up to you

Regards.

Fair enough cant argue with top quality pros like you can I.

Thom

Dean C 09-08-2006 05:25 PM

Sounds good, you should try for the harmonies in that song though. They sound beautiful :)

Rogue 09-24-2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Regards.

a record label or a labeled record? i'm confused ... :smiley5: .... sorry ... my humor is infamous .. and not the good kind ...

as for the song: i agree with terriman ... the arrangement's not exactly great ... and ... well, is it just me or is that guitar terribly out-of-tune???!

still a decent effort ...don't get discouraged

Fool 09-24-2006 08:23 PM

As I said above, the guitar was a crap one. That's about as in tune as I can get it. The recording is of terrible quality. Me and my vocals in one take, on one track, and the girls voice on another. Some effects straight from the mixer then mixed down in audacity then changed to mp3 with some other program. Definatly not an attempt to get good quality, more just to hear how it sounded.

Thanks for all the comments.

HtheLionhearted 09-27-2006 09:06 PM

thats sounding really good. a good balance between vocals and guitar. and very warm sounding voice you have. very nice.

tuckatangent 10-01-2006 09:05 PM

I really loved it. Your voice is so warm and soothing.

Fool 10-01-2006 09:28 PM

Thankyou very much. :smiley4: