The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Are you going to buy the new "O"? (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2718)

eskimo_friendly 02-25-2004 02:47 PM

Are you going to buy the CD/DVD version of "O" that's out this friday?

I'm kinda thinking that for €20, it's a little too much to pay for just three live performances.

What do you think?

Pippa 02-25-2004 03:21 PM

nope i'm not

going to buy lots of pants instead

[img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]

Angela 02-25-2004 04:46 PM

Not me. Aren't the videos the AOL session?
20 Euros? [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]

administrator 02-25-2004 05:27 PM

me neither. 20 euros is about average for here!

Angela 02-25-2004 07:39 PM

Is that the same as this one, I wonder? To be released on the 29th in the US?

neiller 02-26-2004 05:48 AM

jet are re-releasing their get born album with a live dvd, but they are also selling the dvd on its own for people who have the album already.

i think that is the way this piece of merchandice should have gone!

BlowersSon 02-26-2004 07:54 AM

A friend of my had the carton cover instead of the cotton one. She tried to get the sticker off so she screwed the whole cover. She didnt want to buy a new one just for the cover...

However, you are probably able to download the videos which saves you stg 11,99.

paudy 02-26-2004 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlowersSon

A friend of my had the carton cover instead of the cotton one. She tried to get the sticker off so she screwed the whole cover. She didnt want to buy a new one just for the cover...

However, you are probably able to download the videos which saves you stg 11,99.

i have spare covers as my c.d has gone missin on several occasions they always rob the c.d and leave the cover

grrr

Illusions 02-26-2004 08:51 AM

i think i will probably buy the new one...

neiller 02-26-2004 09:06 AM

might buy it myself just to have. seems like a bit of a waste though. the video's for cannonball and volcano are always on vh2

J.M.C 02-26-2004 09:22 AM

i have got it BUT i dint have O already i just had it al downloaded plus more songs AND here it was only £10:00 which is the orginal price of O neway.

-oli 02-27-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlowersSon

PLEASE DON'T BE FOOLED AS I WAS. IT REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE THE COTTON COVER, BUT ALAS, WHEN THE PLASTIC COVER IS REMOVED IT IS MERELEY TEXTURED CARD. I BOUGHT THE ALBUM FOUR TIMES NOW!

1STLY CAUSE HE ROCKS, THEN CAUSE I FOUND THE COTTON ONE!, THEN I BOUGHT IT FOR CRIMBO AS A PRESENT, AND I NOW HAVE THE DVD VERSION.

PLEASE STOP RELEASING IT!!! (I CAN'T AFFORD IT ANYMORE, BUT I KNOW I'LL KEEP ON BUYING IT!)

LOSER[img]smileys/smiley12.gif[/img]

-oli 02-27-2004 09:49 AM

OH AND THERE'S AN EXTRA ON IT, SOMETHING TO DO WITH A STAR... ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS?? CAN nyone make sense of it?

its about a man who was very mad, his friend asked why he was mad, and he didn't know. he asked the sky to cheer him up, so it sent a shooting star...he said he's seen one of those before, you'll have to do better. the sky filled with stars...

how MANY drugs were they on??

GlttrGrrl 02-27-2004 10:38 AM

That's the story about the boy who was pissed off, I think. Is it on the DVD?

You can see it here: http://www.bandbuilder.com/damienric...ef_code=D34833

Record companies do this sh*t releasing CDs with DVDs because CD sales are supposedly down. I think the plan is to sell more and/or sell more expensive CD-DVD combos to increase profits. It costs them like an extra 50 cents to add a DVD to the package. Stupid record industry bleeding me dry. I buy them because I'm obsessed with possessing everything! ack. must resist urge to buy a fourth version of O

cartman 02-27-2004 10:53 AM

wheres al this Support him no illegal sh*te,

im gonna buy it really just to have 20eur wont break the piggy bank

idiosynful 02-27-2004 09:54 PM

I might go out and buy a new copy of O. But simply out of need. My edition is scratched (damn them little children to hell..)

But I don't think the DVD is worth the money. I mean, they;ve got a whole concert live..and free on the internet...why buy a DVD?

Aisling 02-29-2004 07:06 AM

i gottit!

JamesD 02-29-2004 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling
i gottit!

AND?!?!?!!!

"Was it really worth the ride" (so to speak)

cille 02-29-2004 04:20 PM

nope, not gonna get it. i'm a poor student. i would, though, if i hadn't already bought O. Edited by: supercille

cnpubwear 03-01-2004 11:01 PM

go it,but had been waiting for it and had never bought the normal one, it's a nice pakage, the aol videos are good high quality but it's not that exciting just three songs

prague 03-02-2004 09:28 AM

I hope I won't give into temptation. I don't need it. Do I? I'd do anything for some new music, but a few new sultry videos is false economy. I hope I've convinced myself.

Aisling 03-02-2004 02:13 PM

you need it. everybody needs it. doooo it, ddddooooooooooo iiiiittttttt!

lakesly 03-02-2004 02:16 PM

i agree with aisling. doooo iiiiittttt!

prague 03-02-2004 02:42 PM

Thanks Aisling and Lakesly. Can't you tell I'm weak? I ordered it through CD-WOW before it came out. They took my money and, finally, last Thursday, e-mailed me to say that they were out of stock and wouldn't be re-ordering. I don't normally believe in fate, but that is surely a sign. (Not that a sign from cd-wow is worth much, I accept.)

lakesly 03-02-2004 04:36 PM

there are signs everywhere, if you know where to look (or something pseudo-philosophical like that...)

if you take that as a sign you don't need it, then you probably don't need it