The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trading (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   List Of Released Songs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11534)

Bumpman 10-20-2006 04:56 PM

List Of Released Songs

This should help to clear up any confusion over where people can get songs and covers that have already been released. Hopefully it can be added to and changed as time passes. The difficulty in actually getting the records will vary, but they are available, and they can be bought or ordered. Please don't use it to make a request list of mp3's, because that's not how the trading section works.

Songs By Damien and The Band

9 Crimes (9)
Accidental Babies (9)
Amie (O)
Baby Sister (Live At Union Chapel)
Cannonball (O)
Cheers Darlin' (O)
Childish (Live At Union Chapel)
Coconut Skins (9)
Cold Water (O)
Cross-eyed Bear (Help: A Day In The Life)
Dogs (9)
Delicate (O)
Elephant / The Blower's Daughter Part II (9)
Eskimo (O)
Face (Neither Am I / Embraces)
Grey Room (9)
I Remember (O)
Insane (Manna)
Leave (The Swell Season)
Lonelily (Cannonball)
Lonely Soldier (Lonely Soldier)
Me, My Yoke And I (9)
Moody Mooday (The Blower's Daughter)
My City Sh*tty (Volcano)
Needles (The Cake Sale)
Never (Music In Mouth)
Older Chests (O)
Prague (O)
Rootless Tree (9)
Silent Night (O)
Sleep Don't Weep (9)
Steal A Mule (Mickeybo & Me DVD)
The Animals Were Gone (9)
The Blower's Daughter (O)
The Professor & La Fille Danse (The Blower's Daughter)
The Rat Within The Grain (9 Crimes)
Then Go (Live At Union Chapel)
Tongue (Music In Mouth)
Unplayed Piano (Unplayed Piano)
Volcano (O)
Woman Like A Man (Woman like A Man)
Wooden Horse (World Is Dead)

Covers

Banríon Mo Chroí (Ceol '06)
Be My Husband (Live At Union Chapel)
Creep (Glastonbury Jukebox)
Desafinado (Goldfish Memory Soundtrack)
Don't Explain (Possibilities)
Get The Party Started (Even Better Then The Real Thing Vol. 1)
Hallelujah (The Irish Live)
Happy Christmas (War Is Over) (It's All Bells)
I Just Can't Help Believing (Natural Born Elvis)
Once I Loved (Goldfish Memory Soundtrack)
Waters Of March (Goldfish Memory Soundtrack)
When Doves Cry (Triple J - Like A Version Vol. 1)

flyaway 10-20-2006 10:22 PM

For covers you could add Vyv's Seven Nation Army. And also Lisa's - Willy, Mercedes Benz, Down to the River, (And With Paul Noonan)Your Ghost, and Love hurts, Kid's Song too was Damien and Lisa..

Bumpman 10-21-2006 12:13 AM

There's not much point. The covers that Damien has done number close to a hundred. If they were all listed it would provoke a plague of mp3 requests. It's just kept to the covers that have been released. I didn't list Vyvienne's songs because she's not Damien Rice, she's Vyvienne Long.

flyaway 10-21-2006 11:04 AM

Sorry. Didn't notice you'd only done released covers :) My mistake!

borneoman 10-22-2006 10:26 PM

What is (Embraces) in Face?? I googled it but came empty handed ;)

Bumpman 10-22-2006 10:42 PM

It's listed here, it could be one of the tougher one's to find. Hotpress were giving away songs from that album on free cd's lately, I have 'I Remember' from the same release on cd. It's a double album though. I guess you have to be patient with these things. It takes time, but it's worth it.

borneoman 10-23-2006 12:36 AM

Wow never realised Damien was in so many compilations...

so this is a studio version of Face?? or is it live??

Beevers_uk 10-23-2006 12:44 AM

Has anybody seen this? "Plus a bonus video track - Damien Rice 'Eskimo'" Its of the "Ruby Sessions (April 22 2003)"

Loveless 10-23-2006 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beevers_uk
Has anybody seen this? "Plus a bonus video track - Damien Rice 'Eskimo'" Its of the "Ruby Sessions (April 22 2003)"

yes I have it :)

Loveless 10-23-2006 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
Needles (The Cake Sale)

wow, another old Juniper song is getting a dust-off.

Bumpman 10-23-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman
so this is a studio version of Face?? or is it live??

A little from Column A, a little from Column B. It was recorded live in studio, which basically means that there's no overdubs.

Rannveig 10-23-2006 07:37 PM

Thanks for this Bumpman. Where can i get the "Hallelujah (The Irish Live)"? Cannot find it in google. Was it only released in Ireland? and When?

Beevers_uk 10-23-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveless
yes I have it :)

is it worth getting? Cause i'll but it if it is!!

droovin 10-23-2006 10:46 PM

was it the version of Hallelujah he did which had Cannonball before it? because i have, and love, that song

Bumpman 10-24-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rannveig
Thanks for this Bumpman. Where can i get the "Hallelujah (The Irish Live)"? Cannot find it in google. Was it only released in Ireland? and When?

You'll see it listed on Loveless' page, Irish Music Central, there's a link in this thread. I'm not sure where you'd find it, it might be a case of trying to track down if it was given away in a magazine, then trying to order a back issue or something. If not that there's always eBay.

Nine 10-25-2006 10:46 PM

dont forget famous blue raincoat :D

x

Loveless 10-25-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
You'll see it listed on Loveless' page, Irish Music Central, there's a link in this thread. I'm not sure where you'd find it, it might be a case of trying to track down if it was given away in a magazine, then trying to order a back issue or something. If not that there's always eBay.

I don't even have a copy of that album myself..

Bumpman 10-26-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine
dont forget famous blue raincoat :D

Well, he's never released it, and I'm not putting in covers he's done that he hasn't released. The idea is to let people know what they can go out, look for and buy.

sarah_ukuk 11-01-2006 04:14 PM

im half afraid of getting moaned at :smiley24: but the unreleased ones how can i get to hear them?? i used to be able to get full gigs he done on tinternet but last time i looked it wasnt working :crybaby2: sorry if ive annoyed u by asking

Sarah

Bumpman 11-02-2006 02:25 PM

What specifically do you want to hear? I'll put up links to places that you can legally listen to some of the songs for free (like KCRW's site). Obviously though that's not available for absolutely every song he's written, some of them are just very rare.

Loveless 11-05-2006 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beevers_uk
is it worth getting? Cause i'll but it if it is!!

I suppose it is really 'cos it's a live performance from the earlier days, and the proceeds go to the Simon Community for the homeless.

It's a 130MB QuickTime .MOV file. It's 7mins long and the first 1:30mins is Damien giving a funny introduction to the song 'Eskimo' and taking the piss out of Roesy, and he sings the operatic bit in Finnish.

kermit 11-13-2006 06:33 PM

Blower's daughter part II

Should'nt you add a comment near "Elephant" that it was previously known as "Blower's Daughter Part II"?
Or are we denying it was ever called that ;) ?

netheredgeman 11-13-2006 07:29 PM

The Girl Who Does Yoga

Should'nt you add a comment near "Dogs" that it was previously known as "The Girl Who Does Yoga"?

Not sure how many times it got taped but I think it was played at the Hop & Grape in Manchester in 2003

SisterMidnight 11-13-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netheredgeman
Should'nt you add a comment near "Dogs" that it was previously known as "The Girl Who Does Yoga"?

Not sure how many times it got taped but I think it was played at the Hop & Grape in Manchester in 2003

was it you we had to thank for that lovely recording, sir? :)

netheredgeman 11-14-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
was it you we had to thank for that lovely recording, sir? :)

guilty as charged:eek:

SisterMidnight 11-15-2006 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netheredgeman
guilty as charged:eek:

well in that case.. thank you :smiley31:

Bumpman 11-22-2006 10:29 AM

Well it doesn't really count for 'Dogs', becaue it was never really called 'The Girl Who Does Yoga', that was just a name that people gave it for the convenience of having a name to refer to it by.

Nxoone 12-29-2006 02:00 AM

Don't Explain

Damien and Lisa were guests on Herbie's album, and were the featured vocals on the song 'Don't Explain', correct? - I see its labled a cover....

Bumpman 12-29-2006 12:43 PM

And it's been listed in this thread all along.

borneoman 01-23-2007 10:38 PM

Bumpman,
I've been trying to find the Goldfish Memory & the Mickeyboo soundtracks... I followed the link you posted to Road Recs but they don't seem to have them anymore in there... any ideas?

Thanks in advance