The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bold Damien (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12370)

Bowe 12-06-2006 03:02 PM

Bold Damien

I have 2 iccle bones to pick with Mr Rice that i think everyone will agree with... :director:

Numero Uno- The hidden track on 9.... rewinding the first song.... harsh damien...harsh. Only copping that now

Numero deux- THE WINE GLASSES :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :smiley28:
I think one thing everybody enjoys about a o is being able to listen to it falling asleep.... Not possible on 9-i think this was an attempt to make me get up in the middle of the night to drink some wine. If so....you have won mr rice... oh you have won. I woke up last night and drank a bottle of white wine for what seemed like no reason. And whats worst of all-I DONT LIKE WINE..... SCARY :smiley21: :smiley21: :boxing: :boxing:

robmcgrail 12-06-2006 03:24 PM

alco *cough* holic

Bowe 12-06-2006 03:25 PM

no no.... no.... no... maybe.... ok.... im just a constant consumer

Spamlet 12-06-2006 04:21 PM

Cheers, darlin'! :smiley5:

Wheels 12-06-2006 04:36 PM

Bowe... the last track/sound isn't wine glasses... it's a tibettan singing bowl. It has magical healing powers. :)

dmbarbie69 12-06-2006 04:58 PM

ive still yet to hear the hidden track grrr is it online anywhere?

Emelie 12-06-2006 05:30 PM

I don't think that's the wineglasses he's talking about.. There is definetely a credit at the back of 9 for someone playing wine glasses.. Wait, let me run and check...
Yep, Tom Osander - Wine glasses (track 10).
Can't say I remember hearing them, tho

the_tilbury 12-06-2006 05:50 PM

WAIT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,theres a hidden track on 9, you rewind the first track????????? If i bought my album on Itunes do i still get it. what is the song called

Emelie 12-06-2006 05:57 PM

Yup.. It's a demo of 9 crimes.. Haven't heard it, because I can't rewind my cd :( I'm not sure, but I don't think you get it if you bought it of iTunes.. Maybe someone who did can give you a better answer!

Dwahvel 12-06-2006 07:07 PM

Sigh... I can't get it either, because I can't rewind my CD. I play it in the car, which doesn't rewind, and on the comp, ditto.
Harsh indeed. I'd love to hear it.

Wheels 12-06-2006 07:12 PM

I thought it did come with an i-tunes purchase...

I actually don't really like the demo... nowhere near as good as the actual track to my ears.

the_tilbury 12-06-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels
I thought it did come with an i-tunes purchase...

I actually don't really like the demo... nowhere near as good as the actual track to my ears.

yeah that song came with my purchase on Itunes:) i dont have to rewind:)

carvinC980t_kid 12-06-2006 07:26 PM

first off, i like the hidden track. it makes it intresting having it there but not so easy to get to. plus, i think its my favorite version of the song except for the old live version i have.

also, you CAN sleep to this cd!!! i have every night since i bought it. sure, sometimes i wake up for a cigarette, but i don't blame that on the music lol i call that addiction!

mickey13086 12-06-2006 07:27 PM

I've found really old cd players seem to play the demo, and very new ones in cars...my dad just bought a new car and it allowed it...same with my moms newer car. Anything in between old and new though seems to not play it.

I believe on the itunes original U.S. download you got the 9 crimes demo (aka hidden track)...

I like the demo a lot... for its purpose...but if I had to choose obviously I'd go with the one damien went with for '9'.

There is a thread if you look in which bumpman posted software and step by step process how to rip this track from your cd!!

Closing_Doors 12-06-2006 07:30 PM

It's strange... I haven't found a CD player I *can't* play the hidden track on :p

Ships_Were_Sailin 12-06-2006 08:31 PM

i dont agree with the sleeping thing, i could sleep to every track on this album (cept maybe yoke, i dunno im a heavy sleeper). and coconut skins makes me so happy, probably because i got the album when i was in florida, my favourite place ever, so it reminds me florida

VolcanoesMeltUDown 12-07-2006 02:30 AM

I think the album is perfectly fine to fall asleep to. Unless you have it really loud on your ears and the end of Elephant and Me, My Yoke, and I starts to blast.

Bowe 12-07-2006 08:32 AM

Ha-spoons.

If you play the vinal of nine backwards and listen to the lyrics you can hear damien say grrrrooooooookkkkkallaluuuuuuuu nnmakkkkkkkiiiiiiiunnkjkkkjjjhh

SCARY