The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bam Album (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2361)

Children of Bam 01-31-2004 07:34 AM

Hi all. We just listened to some rough mixes of the night and there are no doubts in our minds that there is plenty of material for a CD. There are quite a few details to work out... but keep your eyes and ears peeled for a release. We will keep you posted. Any favourite songs? Tanja and Tomo

The Weatherman 01-31-2004 07:37 AM

Paul and Dave's set should be on cause it was soooooo good[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Angela 01-31-2004 08:58 AM

That's excellent news! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

The Weatherman 01-31-2004 09:01 AM

oh, and Bohemian Rhapsody, that was enthralling!

Patricia 01-31-2004 09:28 AM

[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]An album would be great!!!!!!!!

Just don't forget to make it availbale to buy for other countries!! (like France, for instance...)

neiller 01-31-2004 09:43 AM

nine crimes has to be on there, dont know if it will because im sure damien doesnt want unreleased stuff out there yet!

hopefully though,

Petra 01-31-2004 01:12 PM

Wow - great news!

Unabashed 01-31-2004 01:47 PM

Blower's Daughter ptII....I loves that TUNE!

daol20 01-31-2004 01:53 PM

Brilliant news!! Hope you can keep as much as possible!</font>

#Ian# 01-31-2004 01:55 PM

Personally I think the best stuff to put on would be the more unique stuff and by that I mean Paul and Dave's, Lisa's and Vyvvianne's performances.

Much as I love Damien's music and enjoyed his performance it was basically Damien Rice and band being Damien Rice and band and besides 9 Crimes and BD pt.2 we can get the exact same thing on 'O' and the other 2 songs on any number or bootlegs that are allready available for anyone that wants to hunt around for them. But if you are trying to attract casual fans you'ld be fools to ignore the commercial potential of including "as yet unreleased" DR material on the disc.

I don't really care for the Tycho Brahe (except for Carol's voice) so I wouldn't miss anything from them being cut, they have one good song, I don't know what its called but its probably the one that everyone likes best so if that one was on it I wouldn't feel a massive urge to get up, walk over to my CD player and hit skip.

I really dislike the Walls' music so I'l skip whatever of their's is put on it and on a side note whichever brother it was that made the (possibly quite ill-informed, someone once told me that as far as Islamic countries go Iran is quite progressive but I might be wrong) politcal comments needs to be taken out and shot.

WHAT I THINK DEFINATELY NEEDS TO GO ON NO QUESTION IS AS FOLLOWS

As much of the unique stuff as possible but in particular.

Paul and Dave - Snakes and Snakes *
" - Whatever one they broke into Outkast on
Vyvianne- The piece she wrote, seeing as she went to so much trouble.
Vyvianne- Come together
Lisa- Put a little sugar in my bowl *
Lisa and Paul - Love hurts *
The big singalong at the end

* I WILL be angry if those 3 aren't on it.

Sorry that I've gone on so long but I wanted to give some decent feedback.

FINALLY

You two, congratulations, it was a great night and I hope you raised a load of money for the cause.Edited by: #Ian#

The Weatherman 01-31-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #Ian#
Sorry that I've gone on so long but I wanted to give some decent feedback.

Ouch![img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]

No, i understand.

julia 01-31-2004 04:15 PM

I want some Damien Please[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] I seem to be alone in this opinion .. oops, except for of course Neiller and Unabashed[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img] Edited by: jbalogh

#Ian# 01-31-2004 04:18 PM

Not a dig at anyone. I was in the middle of writing something and went into my most verbose mode. Speaking of which...

Coming soon (possibly), in anticipation of its American re-issue, my 1300 word review of 'O' that I submitted as a sample to a US site that is looking for writers.

If I don't get the gig I'll post it here anyway.

The Weatherman 01-31-2004 04:20 PM

Cool, i'd like to read it

#Ian# 01-31-2004 04:26 PM

If I get the gig I'll post the link (I'll need the hits), if not it'll go here. I don't know what I'll do with the Radiohead buyers guide I'm in the middle off.

Is it really arrogent of me to start writing a second article for a site I don't have a job with yet because I think my submission is so good I'll be offered the gig?

framesaver 02-01-2004 05:32 AM

Well personally I feel that as each of the acts put themselves out to play that they should all feature on the CD. Say you'd get about 12/13 tracks on a cd, pretty much everyone could have two tracks. Putting a few known singles on it might help sales. Something like:

The Tycho Brahe - Lucky The Bee/My Father The Jeweller
The Walls - Black And Blue/To The Bright And Shining Sun
Vyvienne - Come Together/'Something Latino' (Bohemian Rhapsody is prob too long)
Paul & Dave - Tricky! 2 from Snakes And Snakes/Offshore/The Girl Is Mine
Damien - Nine Crimes/Volcano
Lisa - 2 from Don't Explain/Baltimore/Love Hurts

And then of course you'd have to put the ensemble Down To The River To Pray on at the end. (Hidden track maybe?) Hope that's some constructive opinion... Thanks again lads!

The Kitten 02-01-2004 07:10 AM

Congratulations you two on organising a great night. Would love to hear the Bell X1 boys doing 'The Girl Is Mine' on the album - was absolutely brilliant, in fact their whole set was fantastic

neiller 02-01-2004 07:47 AM

yeah, love hurts has to go on there.

you can get an mp3 of it anyway though from the radio interviews last week. dont know where but someone put up a link the day after the interview.

Bumpman 02-01-2004 11:31 AM

you should really try to fill the CD as much as possible too, (as in 80 mins long filled). Maybe don't just fill it with commercially acceptable things, some of the more eclectic performances would really show the quality of the night, have you guys thought about making it a 2CD set if there's enough there... since i wasnt there on the night it might be nice to hear some stuff that hasn't been heard before[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Patricia 02-01-2004 11:40 AM

A 2 CD album would be great!

I'm sure a lot of ppl will be ready to pay more too.

Bumpman 02-01-2004 11:55 AM

Damn Straight They Will... you cant just ditch quality material because it dosent fit... Make It Fit.

daol20 02-01-2004 12:14 PM

Well said!!

Seriously, a 2 CD album would be great!!</font>

Angela 02-01-2004 12:16 PM

The British 'Warchild: Hope' charity CD is brimfull with 18 tracks, some of which I know were added at the "last minute".

A 2 CD gets more expensive to package. There will be people willing to pay more, but others might be turned off by the price or not be able to afford it.

In theory, if you make one CD and have the price be right more people will buy it. (In which case a lisencing deal might be worth pursuing.)

Bumpman 02-01-2004 01:28 PM

however: there's no need to just do what everyone else did before.

Sure, packaging is more expensive, but if there's enough of this amazing show that people have been raving about then why not use it? people don't get much turned off by charity, but i'd be turned off to think that there was some incredible sets played that night, but i'll never hear them because someone scared Tanja & Tomo away with terrifying stories about packaging, costs & what other people already did with last minute tracks.

People like the idea that a gig was played well enough to warrant a 2CD release instead of a single CD, so what about the price, it's for charity...

Sorry if i sound like a really harsh asshole, i'm not in real life[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] Edited by: Bumpman

Patricia 02-01-2004 01:37 PM

Well at least you found arguments!

I wanted to say somethg to contradict Angela about the packaging and stuff, but she got a point, really...

Still, I'm pretty sure a 2CD album would sell.[img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img]And it'd be soooooo great!

Wheels 02-01-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Children of Bam
Any favourite songs? Tanja and Tomo

Guys I doubt TnT want to read one of our rambling threads... just name your favs and leave the rest to the pros [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Bumpman 02-01-2004 03:01 PM

well, we shall see what "they" in charge think... feedback on ideas please???

Bumpman 02-01-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels
I doubt TnT want to read one of our rambling threads...

i get the feeling that the "children of bam" member was tanja and tomo, since that particular member has made 3 posts but has 4 stars, a special honour allowed to people who organise gigs and play drums.

Sionna 02-01-2004 03:21 PM

Dave and Paul - Offshore!!!!!!!!!!!![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Angela 02-01-2004 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
Sorry if i sound like a really harsh asshole, i'm not in real life[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

You didn't. Ideas need to be knocked on. If they fall over, better to get rid of them! [img]smileys/smiley30.gif[/img]