The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Patchwork Shirt Appreciation Thread (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9671)

Arpie 11-23-2005 11:56 AM

The Patchwork Shirt Appreciation Thread

Well I like it. :smiley4:

PenguinBoy 11-23-2005 12:23 PM

my little band is called patchwork :D but that's only because my name is too long.

i love patchwork, i want more patchwork things:(.

Yetzirah 11-23-2005 12:33 PM

So, what's your full name then - when you state it here like this we wanna know :D

Cali 11-23-2005 02:50 PM

finally a thread for the famous patchwork shirt. melissa posted this picture, i hope she doesn't mind i'm posting it here

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1_05019-vi.jpg

Soleillily 11-23-2005 07:45 PM

Haha..cool thread. He was still wearing the shirt a couple weeks ago :) He must really love it...maybe its his lucky shirt or something.

eoin hally 11-23-2005 07:57 PM

this shirt has to be perhaps,the best damn shirt i've seen in years

gomezxico 11-23-2005 10:02 PM

Patchwork Rules!!!!!!

SisterMidnight 11-24-2005 12:33 AM

^ indeed. hoooray for the patchwork shirt! :smiley4: i like it too, it's my favorite clothes of damien's... his too apparently, he seems to wear it everywhere :smiley14: i love patchwork i have a shirt almost like it and a couple of patchwork crinkle broomstick skirts too (classic hippie gear)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali
finally a thread for the famous patchwork shirt. melissa posted this picture, i hope she doesn't mind i'm posting it here

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1_05019-vi.jpg

well it's not really my picture i think moll/chris (?) took it at a gig last summer... can't remember which one now though...

SisterMidnight 11-24-2005 01:31 AM

^ it was moll who took the pic and posted it originally (i stole it i hope he doesn't mind :smiley9: ) and it wasn't last summer, it was at the temple bar music centre tsunami benefit gig, january of this year...

the patchwork shirt also made an appearance at the tori amos gig in dublin when damien sat in on "the power of orange knickers" :smiley4:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...showdublin.jpg

solelily where did you see damien a couple of weeks ago? do you have a picture? i know livo has one from the recent frames gig... we should post them all in homage to the patchwork shirt :smiley17:

Soleillily 11-24-2005 07:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
solelily where did you see damien a couple of weeks ago? do you have a picture? i know livo has one from the recent frames gig... we should post them all in homage to the patchwork shirt :smiley17:

hey sister..I was in Dublin on holiday a couple weeks ago...and was hanging out at a pub and low and behold Damien was standing right behind me at the bar...:smiley27: I couldn't believe it...I consider myself a lucky girl...really, really lucky..

The shirt is peaking out from under his green coat in this pic...he was also wearing that blue tshirt with the fisherman on it, under the patchwork shirt... *sigh*

Arpie 11-24-2005 10:22 PM

Hmm, well this is fab. And Cali, I must say that is a good picture you have there - is there a poster version? :smiley2: It would brighten up the walls of my uni room brilliantly. :D

Yup, the patchwork shirt is becoming iconic. Now let's hope it doesn't fall apart in the wash...

Cali 11-24-2005 10:38 PM

hey susana, so do you have more pictures? that one is amazing he looks so good

arpie, that picture was posted by melissa and according to her was taken by moll, so i don't think there's a poster version but with a high resolution photo you can make your own poster (it's really cheap). pm moll for the picture

gomezxico 11-25-2005 12:29 AM

Long live PATCHWORK and Irish pubs!!!

misty 11-25-2005 01:53 AM

Quote:

I was in Dublin on holiday a couple weeks ago...and was hanging out at a pub and low and behold Damien was standing right behind me at the bar...
God, you're lucky.Stumbled upon Damien is one thing, stumbled upon Damien in his patchwork shirt; that's another

Ranting Thespian 11-25-2005 04:35 AM

ummm . . . . fill me in, please :smiley25:

Soleillily 11-25-2005 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali
hey susana, so do you have more pictures? that one is amazing he looks so good

Hi Cali...If you go to myspace page and look under the photobox called, 'Best trip..ever!' ('cos it was! hehe!) and scroll down...you will see more pics of Damien with his patchwork shirt on from that night...:smiley4: and thanks! I took that picture of him. :smiley1:

http://www.myspace.com/canvasbeauty

Cali 11-25-2005 12:51 PM

i almost had a heart attack when i saw your pictures. now you can say that you were in a bar drinking beer with damo, you are so lucky :)

cille 11-25-2005 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misty
God, you're lucky.Stumbled upon Damien is one thing, stumbled upon Damien in his patchwork shirt; that's another

true true, that is sheer brilliance! :smiley4:

Arpie 11-25-2005 02:41 PM

Cali - thanks, I might do that. :)

Closing_Doors 11-25-2005 04:12 PM

What pub did you meet him in? Can't make it out cause the background is too dark :D , Whelans probably?

SisterMidnight 11-26-2005 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soleillily
hey sister..I was in Dublin on holiday a couple weeks ago...and was hanging out at a pub and low and behold Damien was standing right behind me at the bar...:smiley27: I couldn't believe it...I consider myself a lucky girl...really, really lucky..

you mean really really really really really really lucky right?! ohmigosh you're being modest! (bless your heart) and you say this is the second time you've met him??

did everyone see her pics? yep she's snuggling damien :( ;)

those are nice pics susana thanks for posting in honor of the patchwork :smiley20:

Ranting Thespian 11-26-2005 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranting Thespian

???

PenguinBoy 11-26-2005 05:47 PM

Jacob Melik-Mirzaian, patchwork. :):)

i like + i love.

SisterMidnight 11-26-2005 06:02 PM

^ that's a nice name :)

patchwork fashions from gypsy rose, the ultimate in hippie gear outfitters :D

http://www.gypsyrose.com/clothing.asp

Quote:

???

what don't you get? we love damien's shirt :cool: :p

SilentNight 11-26-2005 06:27 PM

wow pretty clothes there, sister:D.

gomezxico 11-26-2005 06:46 PM

the up close picture of Soleillily and Damien reallllyyy brings out the blue in his eyes. man those things are blue:smiley34:

Sistermidnight---great site, I don't even like skirts but the patchwork ones are so great. oh and the hat!!! thats one great hat. but the pants?? I don't know about those...

Ranting Thespian 11-27-2005 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
what don't you get? we love damien's shirt :cool: :p

I thought maybe there was something more to it than it being just a shirt (that you guys obviously really like . . . I think I dress better than him :smiley16: . I like my flannel, lol :smiley16: )

<=== ready to be run out of town for the last comment

:D

Yetzirah 11-27-2005 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinBoy
Jacob Melik-Mirzaian, patchwork. :):)

That's a nice name. Is that Jewish?

My name used to be Johanna-Maria Yetzirah (aha! :smiley2: ) Eloah Ain-Soph-Aur. Somehow I'm glad we cut off the tail and there are just the first two names left. I don't want to imagine signing papers and such stuff...

cille 11-27-2005 12:43 PM

Quote:

oh right yeah, you can't see - hope i can sum up what we see in the pictures :)

you see, there's this pink/purple patchwork shirt/jacket that damien seems really attached to; he wears it A LOT, and some people around here finds it really ugly which you probably could say it is cause it's not exactly IN FASHION (meaning it would be something my mum could probably wear) it has a very HIPPIE look, which a lot of us on the other hand, really appreciate :)

oh yeah and then susana (solelily) met damien in a bar after a gig when they were both attending this gig, and there are some really cuddly pictures of them and a pic where they are talking, no big deal really ;) ;) :p *not jealous AT ALL* :D oh and damien was wearing the (in)famous jacket/shirt at that occasion.

hope that covers it!

Arpie 11-27-2005 08:52 PM

It's just because it's so darn fabulous. Clearly, only a real man can carry off a patchwork shirt with such panache... :smiley2: