The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official (bad) news (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13688)

borneoman 03-25-2007 10:25 PM

Official (bad) news

From damienrice.com, just posted

Band update - 25 Mar 2007
After much thought and discussion Damien has decided that his professional relationship with Lisa Hannigan has run its creative course. As a result Lisa will not be appearing at any of the upcoming live shows. Lisa is embarking on her own artistic endeavours and there are no plans for them to work together in the foreseeable future. The current band on tour at the moment are - Damien Rice, Joel Shearer, Shane Fitzsimons, Tom Osander & Vyvienne Long.

eamo_rice 03-25-2007 10:28 PM

Its sad news for sure - but the message seems quite bitter. (Damien just decided to dump her mid-tour? im not speculating, theres been enough of that)

All the best to both of them though

audity 03-25-2007 10:31 PM

Somebody please hide all ropes, knives, drugs, guns, and pencils from me

srahman24 03-25-2007 10:32 PM

Oh no, that's definitely bad news. I was so looking forward to seeing her in May :(

good luck to both of them though...

Rovena 03-25-2007 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audity
Somebody please hide all ropes, knives, drugs, guns, and pencils from me

*takes them and hides them under her bed*

Rai 03-25-2007 10:35 PM

¡Que no quiero verla!

La luna de par en par.
Caballo de nubes quietas,
y la plaza gris del sueño
con sauces en las barreras.

¡Que no quiero verla!
Que mi recuerdo se quema.
¡Avisad a los jazmines
con su blancura pequeña!

¡Que no quiero verla!

drumworkshop 03-25-2007 10:54 PM

Dammit! I was hoping all this would be false. This is really putting me in a bad mood now :crybaby2:

Miss Pink 03-25-2007 10:57 PM

Well, I wish Lisa the very best of luck in the future. What ever she does. We're all greatfull for all the beautiful work that she has made/done.

all the best lisa

Cali 03-25-2007 11:00 PM

it's the end of an era :( very sad news indeed, i wish them both the best of luck

rai, great choice for a poem. no one better than lorca to express sadness

Tommy 03-25-2007 11:02 PM

As I said in the other thread im surprised that it seems like it ws Damien that has done the severing and not Lisa due to wanting to pursue a solo career. Its a shame but what will be will be

borneoman 03-25-2007 11:05 PM

I've been kinda preparing myself for this... but still... :smiley19:

I think I can cope with Lisa not being on the records. I think 9 already prepared us for that... and of course we'll keep buying the records, because his music and his lyrics are the core of it all... but on tour I think Lisa will be missed a lot...this morning for instance I was listening to I Remember and I was thinking to myself, wow, imagine never hearing again I Remember live with Lisa on vocals... There's a magic when they duet live, and that's over...

Coelhuu 03-25-2007 11:07 PM

I know that Damien got enough talent sing without Lisa (so does Lisa), but there's nothing more beatiful in this whole world than listening to ANY song sung by both of them!!!

I'm so ****ing SAD!

:crybaby2:

Dean C 03-25-2007 11:11 PM

I am very upset :(

Topspin047 03-25-2007 11:11 PM

:( :( :(

Lin@ 03-25-2007 11:15 PM

Now I've got one more reason to hate Munich...

Wish Lisa all the best and hope that the parting is not as terminal as it sounds. (Is that a correct English sentence? I'm probably too tired and too sad to make any sense...)

I think I'll need a lot of "Sleep Don't Weep"s tonight.

bambi 03-25-2007 11:24 PM

i will now never see them perform together..

somebody hug me.

Yetzirah 03-25-2007 11:25 PM

i whish the two of them all the best for their careers. there is no doubt that they both will be stars on the musical sky for a long time in the future! respect to both of them and thank you for sharing your beautiful talents (combined) with us.

the only thing that is really really sad about this statement, i think, is the fact that it's written as damien parted with lisa and not than it was a decision of both of them after a (or more) serious comversation(s). so it must have been pretty bad. well, it must have anyway if she jumps of (or gets dumped, whatever happened) in the middle of the tour. even if it was him that asked her to leave, i would've formulated it differently... i don't know.

hyacinth 03-25-2007 11:47 PM

It's too bad they won't be performing together anymore, but I love the music because of Damien, not necessarily because of her. Maybe she wants to do her own album. :)

rileyf 03-26-2007 12:28 AM

:( :( :(

lisa added the icing to damiens cake. idk... i'll still love damien, but some of the goosebumpy moments will definitely be gone. i am very saddened.

empty.thoughts 03-26-2007 12:43 AM

I haven't heard anything quite as upsetting in a long while.
I honestly don't know how I'm going to feel about the band anymore.
Yes, I adore Damien, but for me, Lisa is such an integral part.. There's no way it's going to be the same, I just hope it's as good..

I saw the band play one month and a day ago. It was the best concert I'd seen, but I was surprised to see the distance between Damien and Lisa. Maybe she does it in all the shows, but her body was turned towards Vyv and away from Damien, pretty much the whole show. It surprised me. I thought they would have been a whole lot friendly toward each other. I just found it interesting.

Whatever the case, I'm so glad I saw them before the split.
Best of luck, Lisa.

erik mabry 03-26-2007 12:53 AM

That really is a shame. I'm not too surprised, actually. I was thinking the other day, to myself "Lisa would be a killer solo artist.." but, would she really?

What songs has she been a part of where she wrote the lyics? Isn't it all Damien's amazing lyrics?

I wish her luck, because I know Damien will succeed, at least with me, with or without her.

eskimofan55 03-26-2007 12:56 AM

Oh crap. Now I won't get the full Damien Rice experience in May :( My first Damo concert ever. I should have seen them perform together earlier!!! I was not expecting an artistic break up. Oh well. It seems like I always have bad timing.

SifterUK 03-26-2007 01:16 AM

It wont be the same without her and the music wont be as good (for either of them).

sososo 03-26-2007 01:40 AM

...and i've always wanted to see Cold Water perform live with Lisa... guess that won't happen anymore...*sniff*

breadfan35 03-26-2007 01:51 AM

Son of a bitch. I knew when Lisa wasn't at the Dallas show last summer that that was a bad omen that I'd never get to see her w/ Damien. This really blows. I will still go to the upcoming Damo show that I have tickets to and I will enjoy seeing Damien again. But a dream of mine to see the full band live at least once will now likely never be fulfilled. Damn it all to hell. No matter if it was mutual or heavily wanted on one end or the other, you'd think they'd both suck it up and be professional about it and just finish out the tour dates that are currently scheduled. It's kind of screwing all the people who paid to see the whole band. Oh well, I'm just ranting because I'm pissed off right now...

MacrossGirl 03-26-2007 01:57 AM

Bread where are you sitting? Yea another dallas-kimo!!!!!

breadfan35 03-26-2007 02:04 AM

And how's this for irony, I had just changed my desktop to this two days ago:

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/320/355/155162.jpg

:smiley35:

breadfan35 03-26-2007 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacrossGirl
Bread where are you sitting? Yea another dallas-kimo!!!!!

Center Section, Row S.

Tommy 03-26-2007 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erik mabry
That really is a shame. I'm not too surprised, actually. I was thinking the other day, to myself "Lisa would be a killer solo artist.." but, would she really?

What songs has she been a part of where she wrote the lyics? Isn't it all Damien's amazing lyrics?

I wish her luck, because I know Damien will succeed, at least with me, with or without her.

Check out the Other Voices show with Lisa's set (theres a link on the main page) It pretty damn amazing.

Ranting Thespian 03-26-2007 02:45 AM

There is hope in the future. Two reasons:

1 - David Gilmour, Nick Mason, and Rick Wright managed to play with Roger Waters again as Pink Floyd for 4 songs at Live 8, and even shared an embrace (and aren't fighting anymore, as well).

2 - The Beatles manged 2 new recordings even though John's passed on (Free As A Bird and Real Love).

There's more friendship in Lisa and Damien than there ever was in Gilmour and Waters. Not all hope is lost. :icon_flow