The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Damien Recording/Filming in Iceland (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16064)

JCpatriot66 09-22-2009 08:34 PM

Damien Recording/Filming in Iceland
 
As per the official website. Did a quick search and didn't find anything, so if it has been posted, feel free to lock things up.

"Damien to record & film new material in front of an Icelandic audience in November

Damien travels to Iceland early November to record and film new material in front of an Icelandic audience. The recording and filming session will take place in Reykjavik, in a undisclosed space which aims to create an intimate setting for Damien to perform his new material in front of live audience. He will also be playing some material from earlier albums as well as answering questions from the audience. There will be four exclusive recording sessions, over two days (4th & 5th November), and only 90 tickets will be available for each session. Ticket information to follow later."

borneoman 09-22-2009 08:37 PM

omg omg!!!! great news, thanks for posting!!

Shillelagh 09-22-2009 08:42 PM

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I'm going to Iceland.

orangejasmine 09-22-2009 09:03 PM

Sounds very interesting indeed!!!! :) Thanks for posting, hey. :)

Wheels 09-22-2009 09:15 PM

Ohh... interesting.

srahman24 09-22-2009 09:17 PM

Well that's amazing. I wonder how much plane fare to Iceland is.......

borneoman 09-22-2009 09:21 PM

it's kinda cheap to go from Europe nowadays... in the past it was $$$ cos only Icelandair was going, but now there are other Ryanair-like companies flying

But Sharmin, not sure from Canada...

SisterMidnight 09-23-2009 12:39 AM

most excellent news :icon_kidr

Adelaide 09-23-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srahman24 (Post 351450)
Well that's amazing. I wonder how much plane fare to Iceland is.......

we're just two tiny people, maybe we can share a seat...

wonder just about when this will become available to public?

srahman24 09-23-2009 12:56 AM

^ If only that would work, just imagine all the traveling we could do together! (I did look it up though, cheapest I could find was $500 which... well, :crybaby2:)

verenita 09-23-2009 03:45 AM

wow, wow, wow :hello2:
thanks for posting. we have to keep an eye on this.

Rai 09-23-2009 07:07 AM

Hmm.. Iceland, nature album... I hope he'll do something like this. If he does, I might start liking him again.

Joyful 09-23-2009 12:31 PM

Yay! Great news! I am so intrigued!

borneoman 09-23-2009 01:57 PM

but this has to mean it's a full album... he wouldn't do that for a side project ala Cake Sale with 2/3 songs... right??? ;)

Samart 09-23-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

an intimate setting for Damien to perform his new material in front of live audience
Quote:

...his new material...
http://209.85.12.236/5545/76/emo/clip.gif

I always thought he would not stop songwriting, because he is so good at it.
Happy that he seems to be willing to share his vomit* with the world again.

glo32 09-23-2009 11:07 PM

http://icelandreview.com/icelandrevi..._0_a_id=343519

Irish singer-songwriter Damien Rice will hold four concerts in Iceland on November 4-5. The concerts will be so-called open-recordings and Rice plans to use the recordings of the concerts for his next album.

The concert venue will remain a secret until a few hours before the concerts begin and only 90 people will be able to attend each concert, Morgunbladid reports.

“Once he has finished playing he is going to give the audience a chance to chat and ask questions. So it will be a cozy and up-and-personal experience,” said the concerts’ organizer Kári Sturluson.

“[Rice] has been here often, both to play and to relax. He likes it here, where he seeks energy and artistic inspiration,” Sturluson stated.

“Therefore he wants to come here to record both audio and video with an Icelandic audience, hoping that some of the songs will be of good enough quality to be included in his next album. So he will perform some songs for the first time,” Sturluson explained.

Ticket sales will open shortly.

wittyallusion 09-23-2009 11:19 PM

Damien news has been dry for mooooonths, and suddenly, a deluge of awesome hits us. Does anyone else feel a certain degree of almost religious elation?

verenita 09-23-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glo32 (Post 351489)
http://icelandreview.com/icelandrevi..._0_a_id=343519

Irish singer-songwriter Damien Rice will hold four concerts in Iceland on November 4-5. The concerts will be so-called open-recordings and Rice plans to use the recordings of the concerts for his next album.

The concert venue will remain a secret until a few hours before the concerts begin and only 90 people will be able to attend each concert, Morgunbladid reports.

“Once he has finished playing he is going to give the audience a chance to chat and ask questions. So it will be a cozy and up-and-personal experience,” said the concerts’ organizer Kári Sturluson.

“[Rice] has been here often, both to play and to relax. He likes it here, where he seeks energy and artistic inspiration,” Sturluson stated.

“Therefore he wants to come here to record both audio and video with an Icelandic audience, hoping that some of the songs will be of good enough quality to be included in his next album. So he will perform some songs for the first time,” Sturluson explained.

Ticket sales will open shortly.


it sounds it will be a live album... wonder if we´ll have a full-new-songs album.
anyway... it´s an exciting plan!

glo32 09-23-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 351491)

it sounds it will be a live album... wonder if we´ll have a full-new-songs album.

Or it may be something like when he recorded the showcase at Wisseloord Studios in The Netherlands in 2006 and then released the recording in the Dutch edition of Dogs... Maybe he wants to do an Icelandic version of the next single :p

verenita 09-24-2009 12:00 AM

:icon_scra

Joyful 09-24-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glo32 (Post 351489)
http://icelandreview.com/icelandrevi..._0_a_id=343519

Irish singer-songwriter Damien Rice will hold four concerts in Iceland on November 4-5. The concerts will be so-called open-recordings and Rice plans to use the recordings of the concerts for his next album.

The concert venue will remain a secret until a few hours before the concerts begin and only 90 people will be able to attend each concert, Morgunbladid reports.

“Once he has finished playing he is going to give the audience a chance to chat and ask questions. So it will be a cozy and up-and-personal experience,” said the concerts’ organizer Kári Sturluson.

“[Rice] has been here often, both to play and to relax. He likes it here, where he seeks energy and artistic inspiration,” Sturluson stated.

“Therefore he wants to come here to record both audio and video with an Icelandic audience, hoping that some of the songs will be of good enough quality to be included in his next album. So he will perform some songs for the first time,” Sturluson explained.

Ticket sales will open shortly.

We need representatives at all 4 shows. Please! Curious and curiouser.

eva_arg 09-24-2009 12:48 AM

wow so many news at once!! this is sooo exciting!!!

srahman24 09-24-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wittyallusion (Post 351490)
Damien news has been dry for mooooonths, and suddenly, a deluge of awesome hits us. Does anyone else feel a certain degree of almost religious elation?

Absolutely! :hello2:

Shillelagh 09-24-2009 05:54 AM

Undercover.com says the album will be release in early 2010.


http://undercover.com.au/News-Story....ord_In_Iceland

dboyd 09-24-2009 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shillelagh (Post 351447)
Yes !!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I'm going to Iceland.

i'm gonna see if i can maybe go too... i highly doubt it'll be possible but who knows!! getting tickets is the other hard part... :x

borneoman 09-24-2009 06:59 AM

album in early 2010, yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the thing is that the Icelandic audiences are so quiet that the recordings will be like studio versions, sure you won't hear anyone shouting/screaming... maybe that's why he's doing it in Iceland and not in Mexico or Brazil or Italy... let's see if he does a song in Hopelandic!!!

orangejasmine 09-24-2009 09:17 AM

Wow! I don't visit the forum for a day or two and, suddenly, there's so much happening!!!! Yay! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 351502)
maybe that's why he's doing it in Iceland and not in Mexico or Brazil or Italy...

:smiley36: Tee-hee!!!! :D

Moves-My-World 09-24-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 351502)

the thing is that the Icelandic audiences are so quiet that the recordings will be like studio versions, sure you won't hear anyone shouting/screaming... maybe that's why he's doing it in Iceland and not in Mexico or Brazil or Italy...

+1

Last thing he wants is a flowing, dramatic ending to a new song and then someone going


"THE BLOOOOOOOWER'S DAUGGGGGGGGHHTTTTERRRR"

cille 09-24-2009 01:15 PM

...."Wheeere's Lisa!!??"

Shillelagh 09-24-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cille (Post 351516)
...."Wheeere's Lisa!!??"

Hahahahaha


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content copyright © EskimoFriends.com 2002-today. Special thanks to Damien, Lisa, Tomo, Shane & Vyvienne.