The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Stuff (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Violin Muisic for Damien's songs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9588)

Greg Thijsse 11-07-2005 03:12 PM

Violin Muisic for Damien's songs

Hi Everyone

I play guitar and my brother plays the violin, i have managed to find tabs for all damiens songs easily but i would like to jam with my bro, (both of us are huge fans) i have serched for ages trying to find music for the violin parts in damiens songs but have been unsuccessful.
We have managed to find some parts by ear but it would help alot if we can find sheet muisic somewhere
any help would be great
g

eims 11-07-2005 05:19 PM

had the same problem myself... wasnt successful at all!!

Greg Thijsse 11-08-2005 03:33 PM

Its strange, i mean there is violin in many songs. maybe there is an accomplished violinist and damien fan out there that can play by ear and tab/sheet it for us

Krystian 11-12-2005 05:54 AM

you most likely won't find any official sheet music for violin or even cello. I have had the same problem with the cello parts, so I have attempted the whole play by ear thing...

#Ian# 11-13-2005 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Thijsse
Its strange, i mean there is violin in many songs.

There isn't, it's a Cello.:smiley20:

moritz 11-27-2005 03:55 PM

Hi

I have the Damien Rice Songbook, bought it in Vienna. It was about 30 euros or something like that.
In the songbook you find all the notes for guitar, cello, voice and sometimes piano.
IN the songs where damien uses a capo you have to transcribe them, because they are all written down as if damien uses no capo.

Sometimes the lyrics are not correct in the songbook, but he notes seem to be right. I played them all together with a friend who plays violin and it sounded pretty good.

At the moment I am travelling in Asia and I won´t be home until next year october, otherwise I would write them down for you, but I think you want to play them before next october ;-) so look for the songbook. It contains all songs of O.

Enjoy
Moritz

Yetzirah 12-01-2005 05:30 PM

Where did you buy that song book? Do you remember that shop?

moritz 12-02-2005 01:40 PM

In vienna. Its called doblinger, if I remember it right. It's the biggest store for notes and musical literature in vienna. you find it in the first district. i cannot remeber the name of the street, but shouldn't be that hard to find.
it's really good.
have fun
moritz

Yetzirah 12-03-2005 09:10 AM

Yeah, it's the most famous one around here :smiley4: If I'm not completely wrong it's close to the Graben, St. Stephen's Cathedral. I think I have to check that out before I leave :smiley16: