The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Most Emotion (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8014)

ricgnzlzcr 04-02-2005 10:18 AM

The Most Emotion

Hi all, I've been reading this forum for a long time and it's helped me out for a long time. I really appreciate all the comments everyone makes. I just want to ask you all what you think is the most emotionaly song Damien has ever made. Not your favorite, but the one he put the most feeling into. I would either say Delicate or Prague. In Prague he flips out but in Delicate, there is this double emotion which I can't exactly describe, but I relate to perfectly. Anyways, nice to finally chat. Have a good one.

Ricardo

Wheels 04-02-2005 12:06 PM

Maybe "I Remember"... as it was two songs originally, so it has the melancholy of the first part and the anger of the second... and the juxtaposition of the two heightens both

administrator 04-02-2005 12:23 PM

that's a really hard question! the one that i've seen most emotionally performed was "what do you know about love?" but they're all so emotional... except childish and groovin and a couple of others...

kel :) 04-02-2005 12:35 PM

i would have to say either the blowers daughter or cheers darlin'. but everyone has their own preconception...

cille 04-02-2005 03:55 PM

(welcome as a poster ricardo. :) )

glo32 04-02-2005 04:10 PM

i think "i remember" is the most emotionaly... or "cold water"...

Donsie B! 04-02-2005 08:33 PM

..um..cold water i think,.,

Cali 04-02-2005 09:05 PM

i agree with wheels, i think 'i remember' is, if not the most emotional, one of the most emotional songs he's written

cello_pudding 04-02-2005 09:58 PM

my vote would go cheers darlin...

ricgnzlzcr 04-02-2005 10:52 PM

Thanks Cille. Been watching all your posts for a while now and have been analyzing O for a while now. My emotion would come from the song in which a tension inside me builds up. Where you almost have to burst because the music tells you you have to. 'I Remember' does have that quick change, and though it's my second favorite Damien song, I have to say that it doesn't build up for me. It might be because from interviews and videos, I've heard that Damien wrote the two segments in 'I Remember' seperately. So to me those emotions didn't really build up for Damo in one sitting whereas in 'Prague' it sounds like he's clenching his teeth until he can finally burst. It reaches a point where he can't hold himself back. Obviously we all have different interpretations of emotion so there really isn't a right answer, but it's nice to hear what everyone thinks.

cindy8219 04-03-2005 12:54 AM

Most emotional? Definitely 'I Remember' without a doubt.

cello_pudding 04-03-2005 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cello_pudding
my vote would go cheers darlin...

*listens to track 9*

*cries*

i stand corrected

Rovena 04-03-2005 01:42 AM

Quote:

*listens to track 9*

*cries*

i stand corrected

awww...:smiley19:...:smiley31::smiley31::smiley31:

cello_pudding 04-03-2005 02:23 AM

...almost every song on that cd pops out at me...every lyric...

i read the lyrics as i listened to it...even the december..december is when i told how i felt about this girl...anyways...yeah...i dont wanna get into it because i know you dont care

ricgnzlzcr 04-03-2005 03:53 AM

Quote:

...almost every song on that cd pops out at me...every lyric...

i read the lyrics as i listened to it...even the december..december is when i told how i felt about this girl...anyways...yeah...i dont wanna get into it because i know you dont care

My iTunes says I've listened through O over 170 times. I know. I've sat through listening and looking at the lyrics of O so many times. I probably know every word by heart. I can feel every song on that album. It's rediculous. I understand you because I've cried as well. My favorites are Delicate, I Remember, and Prague. I like some of his other songs live instead like Volcano. It's all genius

SisterMidnight 04-03-2005 03:59 PM

insane - i think the expression of the feeling when another person makes you question your own sanity and worth as a person is about as emotional as it gets...

Miss Pink 04-03-2005 05:07 PM

accidental babies at hmv, 1st time he played it live. one line i must use is

"can we ever be friends? is he dark enough? enough to drice you wild, or just mildly free? what about me?"

im sorry but that gets me every time i listed to the little clips i recorded on my phone,

Sorry for posting those lyrics

Rovena 04-03-2005 05:21 PM

Cold water is the one that gets me the most, but insane is also very emotionaly intense...

cille 04-03-2005 05:36 PM

it's not on o, but i think 'baby sister' is the most emotional one for me.

**jebus** 04-03-2005 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
insane - i think the expression of the feeling when another person makes you question your own sanity and worth as a person is about as emotional as it gets...

I realy don't know what it is about that line...

and i hate when you say i never fight for you

its not exacty the most intense part of the song, not as emotionally charged as some of the other lines in the song, but it really gets me every time
:smiley5:
anybody else get that!?!

Beevers_uk 04-03-2005 06:51 PM

I think.... I Remember, and Eskimo!! My Girlfriend is Irish and has just moved to england, And im still in Spain Untill i finish my Studies!! And ive been listenin to these two songs constantly! I love 'I Remember' Because of Lisa's part and her voice, itr reminds me of my girlfriend, and 'Eskimo' The operatic bit is amazing, especially the BBc Four Version. That is a amazing version!

Well there the ones that i find most Emotional!!

See Ya... :smiley31:

ricgnzlzcr 04-03-2005 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Pink
accidental babies at hmv, 1st time he played it live. one line i must use is

"can we ever be friends? is he dark enough? enough to drice you wild, or just mildly free? what about me?"

im sorry but that gets me every time i listed to the little clips i recorded on my phone,

Sorry for posting those lyrics

Wow Miss Pink. That is a rediculous line. I REALLY understand what he is getting across with that. Just reading the line wanted to make me cry. I wish I head the song.

cille 04-03-2005 10:11 PM

^it's a sort of *secret* song he played at one or two gigs, and asked the audience not to pass it on, so many fans haven't heard it - i guess it's cause he's planning to put it on that (in)famous second album of his - whenever it comes... with patience you'll get to hear it one day... i hope... ;)

ricgnzlzcr 04-03-2005 10:36 PM

Lucky you. I can't wait till he releases. Me, My Yoke and I gets really painful to listen to as well if gets really into it.

SisterMidnight 04-04-2005 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by **jebus**
I realy don't know what it is about that line...

and i hate when you say i never fight for you

its not exacty the most intense part of the song, not as emotionally charged as some of the other lines in the song, but it really gets me every time
:smiley5:
anybody else get that!?!

yeah i do. i always break a little bit when i hear that line... but someone kind of said something to me like that once so maybe that's why.

but emmett's right, all of damien's songs are emotional, and such a wide range of emotion when you really think about it. even the upbeat ones convey strong emotions i think, they're just happier or more humorous emotions... which is what makes damien and his music so brilliant. how he puts his heart into his songs.

but are we talking about which songs damien puts a lot of emotion into or the ones that makes us feel emotional? i think then go is very emotional, delicate, prague, lonely soldier and baby sister as well. and i'd agree with me, my yoke and i but they all express such different emotions.

but for me the ones that make me feel the most emotional are cold water and eskimo... i usually get chills or feel like crying when i hear those two.

ricgnzlzcr 04-04-2005 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
yeah i do. i always break a little bit when i hear that line... but someone kind of said something to me like that once so maybe that's why.

but emmett's right, all of damien's songs are emotional, and such a wide range of emotion when you really think about it. even the upbeat ones convey strong emotions i think, they're just happier or more humorous emotions... which is what makes damien and his music so brilliant. how he puts his heart into his songs.

but are we talking about which songs damien puts a lot of emotion into or the ones that makes us feel emotional? i think then go is very emotional, delicate, prague, lonely soldier and baby sister as well. and i'd agree with me, my yoke and i but they all express such different emotions.

but for me the ones that make me feel the most emotional are cold water and eskimo... i usually get chills or feel like crying when i hear those two.

I like Cold Water the most when Damien performs it in the BBC dvd. If you see his face as his range slowly increases you can see the pain it took him to put it out. Cold Water actually has a great meaning to me because it's that point you reach when you've got so much pain or emotion that you just feel numb instantly, then you can actually feel the tingle that cold water can give you. I don't know, at least to me that's how it feels. It's almost like a goal to me. I just came off a long term relationship and I just want cold water to surround me. It's great. Just like emmet said, all the lines are emotional, it's just the way you interpret them and the current mood that you have that contributes to how much it affects you.

cille 04-04-2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricgnzlzcr
Lucky you. I can't wait till he releases.

actually i haven't heard it either:smiley22:

SilentNight 04-04-2005 12:38 PM

Delicate

mestonf 04-04-2005 04:08 PM

delicate live at the union chapel.......that is just hauntingly good!

BIG TIM 04-05-2005 10:27 AM

Wow, what a topic,
I would have to say in my opinion that Cannonball is the most emotional song for me and i will say now that i have only heard a handful of Damien's songs. but there is something about cannonball i think it has a lot to do with how personal the whole song is and not just the lyrics, its the fact that its just him and his Guitar, anyone that plays the guitar can relate to just being by yourself with your guitar playing for no one but yourself.
and there is one line that gives me that cold water feeling that has been talked about,
"its not hard to grow, when you know that you just dont know..."
sorry could talk forever about how many ways this can be interprated