The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Damien at Global Green Pre-Oscar Gig (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15773)

RonjaGirl 02-13-2009 12:08 PM

Damien at Global Green Pre-Oscar Gig

According to the Los Angeles Times Damien will, again this year, be part of the Global Green Charity Show...
full artical

Quote:

Crow also will be headlining Elton John's Global Green pre-Oscar bash along with Gavin Rossdale at Avalon Hollywood on Thursday. Among the RSVPs for that event: Leonardo DiCaprio, Orlando Bloom, Penélope Cruz, Rosario Dawson, Heather Graham, Dominic Monaghan and Damien Rice.

borneoman 02-13-2009 04:03 PM

good finding!!! that's next week right?

what does it mean, is he gonna sing or just a guest?

glo32 02-13-2009 05:19 PM

according to the official website, he's a co-host, not a musical performer... :confused:

http://globalgreen.org/events/49
http://www.globalgreen.org/img/preoscarinvite.gif

borneoman 02-13-2009 05:38 PM

bit weird cos all the hosts are actors (Pe, Leonardo,... even Charlie from Lost!) except Damien... hope he sings something!!

cuuliem 02-15-2009 12:10 AM

i dont know if it s the good thread... Thursday Damien is in LA, Saturday Lisa is in LA... they might bumped into each other somewhere in LA that week. we should warn them

verenita 02-15-2009 01:03 AM

[lol! i thought the same thing, except for the "warning" part.]

thanks becci...
but, yes it is weird. anyway... we´ll see what happens.

Moves-My-World 02-15-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuuliem (Post 344918)
i dont know if it s the good thread... Thursday Damien is in LA, Saturday Lisa is in LA... they might bumped into each other somewhere in LA that week. we should warn them

Think Damo would run in a much different circle than Lisa when in LA...

Hope they do meet up and rekindle their friendship :)

cuuliem 02-15-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moves-My-World (Post 344927)
Think Damo would run in a much different circle than Lisa when in LA...

Hope they do meet up and rekindle their friendship :)

yeah, Lisa has some of her family in LA (auntie?) , damo should be hanging up with joel shearer

borneoman 02-16-2009 06:35 AM

so if Damien is in LA, maybe he goes to see Lisa live on Sat???????????? :)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????

Rai 02-16-2009 07:36 AM

^You really want a fight to break out, do you?

dboyd 02-16-2009 10:00 AM

lets hope they get back together eh? ;)

cuuliem 02-16-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 344943)
^You really want a fight to break out, do you?

let's RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrumble

P8ge 02-17-2009 06:33 AM

Here it is... a pre-enactment of DR and Lisa bumping into each other at the Vegan restaurant on La Cienega this coming Friday:

<bump>

Lisa: Umphh..For f*cks sake, why don't you watch where you going??? Oh my God, Damien!

Damien: Lisa! Woah, funny bumping into here in Los Angeles. What the heck are you doing here?

L: Well, I don't know if you know or not, but my album has come out in the states and I'm touring. I'm actually on the tele. Some late night show with a guy with this enormous chin. More importantly, what the sh*te are you doing here.

D: Oh, just peace-nick type of stuff. Save the planet function over in Hollywood. Got a free eco-friendly hemp bag...pretty cool stuff. Nothing crazy going on...Is that...is that a tattoo on your arm?

L: Oh, yeah. Had a little ink done.

D: What's it say..."Lightbody"???.... As in Gary from Snow Patrol??!

L: No, no, no. Just a nickname that bandmates, uh, gave me...one night, when we, uh, got really plastered in Dublin. They all called me "Lightbody" cause I couldn't carry me liquor. One thing led to another that night, and this is the, uh, outcome...

D: Huh...well it looks like you have a lot going on in your life. A new album, touring the states, bodyink....where was this Lisa when I knew you.

L: Damien, I have to tell you...I owe it all to you. You setting me free was the best thing that could have happened in my life. I never could have written this album without the anger and resent I felt in my heart. You of all people knew this, but didn't want to tell my the real reason why you let me go.

D: Uhhhh, righhhhttt... it was part of my plan all along..I wanted you to spread your wings...and now here you are, back in front of me a fuller person and artist. Maybe we can get an herbal tea tomorrow and catch up on everything.

L: Oh I can't. We're leaving for Las Vegas tonight to do another gig. But your on Facebook, right? I'll send you a line there.

D: Facebook....righhhttt....don't really check that account. Maybe I'll call you or something.

L: Sure, I don't have a cell phone in the states but I'll give you my touring manager's number.

D: Yeah..great. I guess it was good seeing you. Maybe we'll bump into each other again in Alabama.

L: Haha, very unlikely. But I'll keep an eye out. Bye!

D: Bye...(murmers).......f*ckin bitch..................

rice puddin 02-17-2009 03:15 PM

P8,
I always wondered what they'd say to each other.Now i know.Hilarious!

Angeline 02-18-2009 02:37 PM

What are ye on about? Damien and Lisa are still great friends, she thank him for what he did but said he could have did it in a slightly more better way and at his concert last year in August in Dublin he called her on his mobile and left her a voice message of all of us cheering. Its all good between them.

Moves-My-World 02-18-2009 03:40 PM

I wouldn't say great friends seeing Lisa said that she hadn't spoke to Damien since the occasion and she didn't know if he'd heard Sea Sew...

Timeé 02-18-2009 05:27 PM

Either way, it was a fairly dire joke up above

Gatsby 02-18-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeé (Post 345019)
Either way, it was a fairly dire joke up above

a painfull read indeed

P8ge 02-18-2009 07:38 PM

You two have no funny bone. Lighten up a bit, don't take yourselves or other people so seriously- "Oh, I hope they meet up and rekindle their friendship" <vomit> Some of you Damien fans are still wound up on the split. Get over it. Three years after it happened, I personally would rather read "fairly dire jokes" than a bunch of humorless loathers.

Rai 02-18-2009 07:44 PM

^Yeah, sure, Tim and The Great Gatsby are the archetypical humorless loathers.

A bad joke is a bad joke no matter what.

eva_arg 02-18-2009 10:39 PM

ok......... does anyone know how to watch this over the internet? is it being broadcasted on some TV network or something? :)

Gatsby 02-19-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P8ge (Post 345025)
You two have no funny bone. Lighten up a bit, don't take yourselves or other people so seriously- "Oh, I hope they meet up and rekindle their friendship" <vomit> Some of you Damien fans are still wound up on the split. Get over it. Three years after it happened, I personally would rather read "fairly dire jokes" than a bunch of humorless loathers.

You have to have humour for me to loath it..

borneoman 02-19-2009 06:33 AM

^^Eva, I'd say this is impossible to watch online. Last year he did the same, and we hardly got any info other than he played The Blower's Daughter, but no clips on youtube, nothing...

eva_arg 02-19-2009 09:42 AM

oh... :(

Moves-My-World 02-19-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Chill out son.

SisterMidnight 02-19-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glo32 (Post 344877)
according to the official website, he's a co-host, not a musical performer...

http://globalgreen.org/events/49

it doesn't sound like he's playing, though i have to say if i were there i'd much rather hear him than sheryl crow..

someday when i'm rich i'm going to go to these exclusive VIP events at $2500 a pop! still waiting on those lottery numbers to come through for me :crybaby2:

Spamlet 02-20-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Who the Hell do you think you are (besides incredibly misinformed and rude)?

eva_arg 02-20-2009 04:23 PM

apparently there was a live stream on some myspace page... hopefully some vid will appear on youtube

SisterMidnight 02-24-2009 05:10 AM

which myspace page? still i doubt that he played.. i wonder who he hobnobbed with? (i don't actually care, one just doesn't get the opportunity to say honobbed often enough..)

it looks to be a good cause anyway. green schools are healthier for children and everyone involved. saw an HGTV special recently of a university that built an entirely green building, amazing things i'd never heard of, solar chimneys and such. it was way cool.

Devushka 02-24-2009 07:51 PM

Guys, any news yet about this appereance at the event???