The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lisa too ’sick’ to tour... hmmm (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3003)

Banjaxed 03-18-2004 01:55 PM

I've noticed that Lisa hasn't been at the last few Damo gigs in Europe because she's sick. Damo says she's back in Ireland.

I was thinking that was pretty convenient for her since her best friend has just released her second play in Galway this week. Lisa had a role in the first play "Mysterious World of Birds".

Don't get me wrong, I'd have nothing against Lisa taking some time off to support her friends aslong as everyone knew which gigsshewasn't going to be at.

I wouldn't be too happy if I'd travelled to Paris expecting to see Lisa and Damien (eh, should be Damien and Lisa) and she wasn't there.

Maybe she is sick tho, and I'm just trying to cause trouble. :-)

marina 03-18-2004 01:57 PM

i hope she's not sick [img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]

tj 03-18-2004 02:10 PM

Maybe she misses Glen and Damien misses her? [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

julia 03-18-2004 02:13 PM

I wrote to info@damienrice to make sure she was going to be on the US tour and this is what they wrote back,

"Lisa has had to come home from the European tour last week for personal reasons but she will be rejoining the band for the US tour."

Edited by: jbalogh

somma 03-18-2004 02:33 PM

pff..I was so desappointed of not seeing her in Paris...

you will be lucky to see her on the US tour...[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Patricia 03-18-2004 03:12 PM

I was really disappointed not to see Lisa in Paris, but the band members can choose whether to play at gigs or not - I've read that in an interview, where Damien said the songs were "designed" in a way that permitted him to play them even alone - so I shouldn't have been that surprised and disappointed...

Musiciansstill have a life, they can be sick or have important things they don't want to miss sometimes.

And indeed, even if Lisa wasn't here at the Paris gig, it was an amazing concert and to be fair, she might ave add even more emotion to the songs, but her absence didn't diminish them at all.

Banjaxed 03-18-2004 03:22 PM

All I'm really trying to say is that if Lisa knew in advance that she wasn't going to be at those gigs they should have made that clear on the website.

There are definitely a lot of people who want to see Lisa just as much as Damien. I know people who spent a lot of money going to Paris to see that gig and were really disappointed that Lisa wasn't there. If they had known that she was unavailable they could've gone to see one of the other european gigs.

But like I said, maybe she is sick, I'm only specultating. And if she is sick or has some unforseen 'personal reason' for dropping out of the tour then I hope it's nothing serious.Edited by: Banjaxed

Patricia 03-18-2004 03:25 PM

Oh I hope too! And even if I only travelled from Nantes, I had somethg for her and I couldn't give it to her, so believe me I was really disappointed. I could't eat before the gig, even! But then the gig was so brilliant I forgot my grief [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

#Ian# 03-18-2004 05:45 PM

Reports from some of the gigs Lisa did participate in (the Brussels one in particular from what I recall) seemed to indicate that she wasn't singing to the best of her abilities, I doubt the band hatched an elaborate scheme to have her half-ass it for those gigs to create the impression that she was ill so she could sneak home. And even if she isn't bedridden by whatever is wrong with her if she can't go on stage then ofcourse she is going to go home.

tj 03-18-2004 05:48 PM

As they say PERSONAL problem/situation so let's forget it, eh?

ade and rice 03-18-2004 08:01 PM

I heard she'd read on this very forum that I was starting a tribute band and that 'tink' was a bit of competition, so she's gonna try and muscle in!!!

tj 03-19-2004 12:11 PM

It's a bit coincidental that she'll be back on the US tour...the same US tour that Glen will be on! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Banjaxed 03-19-2004 12:21 PM

Hey tj_rev, what happened to

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj_rev

http://www.our-adams-family.co.uk/em...ys/smiley2.gif

celia 03-19-2004 12:39 PM

awww Hope shes ok

tj 03-19-2004 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banjaxed

Hey tj_rev, what happened to

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj_rev

http://www.our-adams-family.co.uk/em...ys/smiley2.gif

I couldn't resist one more comment! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Aisling 03-21-2004 01:32 PM

loadsa people are asking me if lisa has left the band. apparently theres loadsa roumers goin around...

Wheels 03-21-2004 01:50 PM

Haven't we learned how wrong those rumours always are???

Fake is about Damien...
Damien is in hospital after being beaten up after a gig in London...
Glen said he and Lisa are an item...

Now Lisa has left the band? AGAIN?[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

administrator 03-21-2004 02:14 PM

no she hasn't. ignore all those silly rumours.

Miss Pink 03-21-2004 03:12 PM

WOO YEAH!!! GO EMMETT!!!

Donsie B! 03-21-2004 03:23 PM

She'll be back....she forgot her cargo pants.... (Simpsons joke 4 those who dont get it!)

mattbeswick 03-21-2004 06:21 PM

~Smirks~

Personal reasons are personal... maybe she's ill, maybe there were family problems... who knows, who cares? As far as I see it, a Damien Rice gig needs only one person there - Damien Rice. Yeah, Lisa/Shane/Vivienne/Tomo add to it, but as long as there's him there you'll hear sweet music...

Saying that, I've only ever seen him when they've all been there... so I cannae really empathise too well ;)

Aisling 03-21-2004 07:35 PM

oh i knew the rumours weren't true. i put that incorrectly. it was beginning to annoy me that people kept asking me...

Louise 03-21-2004 07:47 PM

I love lisa. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Wheels 03-21-2004 07:59 PM

Everyone who loves Lisa give a thumbs up! [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

Patricia 03-21-2004 08:01 PM

[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

Aisling 03-21-2004 08:01 PM

[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]i guess....im just jealous of her...

Aisling 03-21-2004 08:11 PM

the thumbs up failed to show for a minute And i thought patriciawas 'speachless'!

Hendrik 03-22-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbeswick
As far as I see it, a Damien Rice gig needs only one person there - Damien Rice. Yeah, Lisa/Shane/Vivienne/Tomo add to it, but as long as there's him there you'll hear sweet music...

No, you're wrong sadfully. If Lisa or Vyvienne wouldn't be e.g. at the Berlin gig, it would have been a very, very crappy concert...

Like I said a few weeks ago: Damien would be NOTHING without Lisa (or Vyvienne). Even on gigs. Edited by: Hendrik

Angela 03-22-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrik
Like I said a few weeks ago: Damien would be NOTHING without Lisa (or Vyvienne). Even on gigs.

I totally disagree. The first time I saw Damo he was all by himself and it was just mesmerizing. And I wasn't even "into him" yet at that time. It took a song or two and he had the whole room in the palm of his hand.

He's put together a fantastic band, obviously they add a lot, but on his own he's still a better singer / songwriter than most, in my opinion.

julia 03-22-2004 02:53 PM

I agree with Angela, I have only seen Damien without Lisa, and I was completely satisfied, I felt a little bad when I found out she wasn't going to be there. But he was so amazing, I didn't miss her.. He was enough!! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]