The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   South America in October (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17703)

eva_arg 07-25-2015 10:02 PM

South America in October

We're coming to South America in October - more news next week.

https://twitter.com/DamienRice/statu...62671386345476

:hello2:

Ka8 07-25-2015 10:16 PM

Just saw that... and instead of getting happy I got really sad, cause I know if he comes to my country I won't be able to go :smiley19::smiley28:

carrroline 07-25-2015 10:20 PM

Oh, Eva, happy for you!!!

mikerennie 07-25-2015 10:25 PM

Oooooooo

Where do you think he will go?

eva_arg 07-25-2015 10:29 PM

Thanks Caro! :)

I'm guessing Argentina, Brazil and Chile for sure. Last time he visited Colombia as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ka8 (Post 383718)
Just saw that... and instead of getting happy I got really sad, cause I know if he comes to my country I won't be able to go :smiley19::smiley28:

I know what you mean. October is a crazy month for me so I'm hoping is by the end of the month, otherwise I don't know if I can make it. :-S

glo32 07-25-2015 10:40 PM

who's "we"? :o

verenita 07-26-2015 05:40 PM

excellent news! i canīt wait to know more! getting excited already :)

this "we" thing sounds interesting, although i donīt to raise my hopes (too high :p)

mikerennie 07-26-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glo32 (Post 383725)
who's "we"? :o

"We" is probably just JT posting for Damien.

Highly doubt damien would ever log into any social media sites to post for himself.

What the best place to visit in South America in October?

I could use a nice vacation ;)

verenita 07-26-2015 06:21 PM

i think it depends on where he goes. letīs say that he goes to brazil but he plays only in sao paulo, i woulndīt say itīs particularly appealing, but if he plays in florianopolis again, that should be worth a trip down there ;)

buenos aires is a beautiful city to visit (only to visit, imo) but the weather in october has been awful for the last couple of years. iīve been only once to santiago and i didnīt like it, but i only stayed for 2 days.

if he goes to colombia or ecuador, i would totally consider any of those options ;)

also, you can start checking the flight prices ;)

mikerennie 07-26-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 383742)
i think it depends on where he goes. letīs say that he goes to brazil but he plays only in sao paulo, i woulndīt say itīs particularly appealing, but if he plays in florianopolis again, that should be worth a trip down there ;)

buenos aires is a beautiful city to visit (only to visit, imo) but the weather in october has been awful for the last couple of years. iīve been only once to santiago and i didnīt like it, but i only stayed for 2 days.

if he goes to colombia or ecuador, i would totally consider any of those options ;)

also, you can start checking the flight prices ;)

Is São Paulo not nice or would the weather be unappealing?

I was just in Colombia recently so would like to try somewhere else.

If he were to go to Argentina, where do you think he would play?

verenita 07-26-2015 07:37 PM

well, i havenīt been to sao paulo myself, but i met a lot of people from there and all of them said itīs not a nice city to visit.

if he were to argentina, he would play in buenos aires for sure. he played in la trastienda back in 2009, beautiful intimate venue, perfect for damienīs gig, also in a lovely town. but, i donīt know if thereīre new venues that might be more suitable, to be honest.

another thing it may help you to decide itīs the currency ;) check where the american dolar is stronger, therefore the whole thing would be cheaper ;)

DesoleInBoston 07-26-2015 08:29 PM

I might start dieting now so I'm small enough to be Mike Rennie's carry on item by October.

verenita 07-26-2015 11:10 PM

good idea... i should check with stephan in case he plans to fly over and do the same :p

mikerennie 07-27-2015 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesoleInBoston (Post 383746)
I might start dieting now so I'm small enough to be Mike Rennie's carry on item by October.

Yes! Travel buddy.

Circa1992 07-28-2015 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesoleInBoston (Post 383746)

This. We can both fit, right (we're small)?! :D

cuuliem 07-28-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 383752)
good idea... i should check with stephan in case he plans to fly over and do the same :p

I'm planning to. I have to check if work can let me go in October and if it doesn't cross my glen Hansard your in Denmark

verenita 07-28-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuuliem (Post 383781)
I'm planning to. I have to check if work can let me go in October and if it doesn't cross my glen Hansard your in Denmark

what size is your luggage again? :p

cuuliem 07-30-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 383782)
what size is your luggage again? :p

Its a cabin size

verenita 08-02-2015 11:27 PM

*cough cough*

i still look forward to getting more news about this tour :)

Moves-My-World 08-03-2015 05:33 PM

TOUR SCHEDULE
Oct 20
Manaus, Brazil
Teatro Amazonas
On Sale Aug 10 @ 10 am AMT

Oct 22
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cine Joia
On Sale Aug 10 @ 10 am BRT

Oct 24
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Vivo Rio
On Sale Aug 10 @ 10 am BRT

Oct 27
Buenos Aires, Argentina
La Trastienda
On Sale Aug 10 @ 10 am ART

Oct 29
Santiago, Chile
Teatro Universidad De Chile
On Sale Aug 10 @ 10 am CLT

Oct 31
Lima, Peru
Auditorio Del Pentagonito
On Sale Aug 10 @ 8:30 am PET

Nov 3
Bogota, Colombia
Teatro Julio Mario Santodomingo
On Sale Aug 10 @ 10 am COT

RenataAQP 08-03-2015 05:54 PM

Peru!!!!!
I moved back to Ecuador two weeks ago, so I have to make it!!!
it looks like the place is only for 250 people!
the email only says general sale, no pre-sale?

verenita 08-03-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenataAQP (Post 383932)
Peru!!!!!
I moved back to Ecuador two weeks ago, so I have to make it!!!
it looks like the place is only for 250 people!
the email only says general sale, no pre-sale?

thatīs great renata! iīm very happy for you :)

it makes me sad not to be able to see him in my home country, but iīm just happy that he is coming back to south america, and to buenos aires in particular :hello2: :hello2:

eva_arg 08-03-2015 10:03 PM

Can't wait :)

RenataAQP 08-04-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 383936)
thatīs great renata! iīm very happy for you :)

it makes me sad not to be able to see him in my home country, but iīm just happy that he is coming back to south america, and to buenos aires in particular :hello2: :hello2:

thanks! :hello2:
it's my home country so I have to go!.
it would be a dream to see him Ireland though, like you did! :)
and I would love to go back to Argentina!!

verenita 08-04-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenataAQP (Post 383951)
thanks! :hello2:
it's my home country so I have to go!.
it would be a dream to see him Ireland though, like you did! :)
and I would love to go back to Argentina!!

thereīs a new album "on the way", so you will have the chance ;)

verenita 08-04-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikerennie (Post 383744)
Is São Paulo not nice or would the weather be unappealing?

I was just in Colombia recently so would like to try somewhere else.

If he were to go to Argentina, where do you think he would play?

mike, with the sout american cities announced, i would recommend you to go either to rio or to buenos aires. of course, you can go wherever you choose :p

btw, he will play in the venue that i thought he would, which is the same one where he played back in 2009.

mikerennie 08-04-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 383953)

mike, with the sout american cities announced, i would recommend you to go either to rio or to buenos aires. of course, you can go wherever you choose :p

btw, he will play in the venue that i thought he would, which is the same one where he played back in 2009.

Thanks Ver, I've been thinking about it and Ill probably skip this tour and save my traveling for the new album tour. :)

guimabdo 08-04-2015 04:52 PM

I feel so happy.
I'm from São Paulo and I listen to Damien Rice songs every day. I'm a big fan, he's my prefered musician.
I thought he never would come here again, so this took me by surprise!

DesoleInBoston 08-04-2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guimabdo (Post 383957)
I feel so happy.
I'm from São Paulo and I listen to Damien Rice songs every day. I'm a big fan, he's my prefered musician.
I thought he never would come here again, so this took me by surprise!

Yay! Welcome and you're in for quite a treat. Go to as many shows as you can; I've been to four in New York and one in Boston in the past year and all of them were great.

RenataAQP 08-10-2015 11:55 AM

will anyone else be trying to get tickets this morning?. Not sure wht to think about this sale. The concerts are not even listed on the respective websites. I even called the Peruvian ticket seller to find out prices, but they obviously had no clue!