The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nine Crimes cover (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7507)

coreybyrnes 02-01-2005 07:16 PM

greetings y'all....

i organized and played at a benefit gig for a South African AIDS orphanage recently and we played Nine Crimes and a medley of Volcano mixed with Tori Amos' Precious Things if anyone wants to give a listen.... i would recommend downloading the VBR MP3's if you are going to listen at all.... you can find the show here:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-d...b.php?id=21754

if you dig it leave a quick review.... no pressure though.... thanks.... i hope you enjoy them.... stay well [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

mestonf 02-01-2005 07:21 PM

Cheers Corey....just downloading

coreybyrnes 02-02-2005 04:45 PM

thanks for the support felix [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]hope you dug it...

**jebus** 02-02-2005 06:54 PM

Just downloading Volcano now,

I already have your cover of Nine Crimes [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]!!!

When I couldn't find Damo's version, I downloaded your cover to see if I liked the song.

As I heard your version first (with the guitar), dare I say it, but I actually prefer it to damo's!![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

I LOVE the song in general tho!

The other song I got from your website - fallen tree - is amazing aswel!

Leme no if ur ever doin a gig in ireland!!

Gatsby 02-02-2005 07:04 PM

wow very nice corey!! good work[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Stu08 02-02-2005 11:23 PM

nice one mate!!!

sounds great! well done

dizzy cannon 02-03-2005 12:12 AM

hehe ialready havethe cover u did on cannonball...good job...i like nine crimes too[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

coreybyrnes 02-03-2005 01:14 PM

thanks guys! i do it all for you [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]does that sound corny? but i seriously think of you all when i am picking out a setlist if the show is being taped or not and if it is i always try to throw in a damien cover so i can send it your way cause of all the support i've received off this message board... much love

LostCause 02-03-2005 08:38 PM

I listened to some of your songs. They were really good. I actually dont have Damiens version of Nine Crimes but I've listened to your guitar version many times. I got it on my Ipod. And I love that other song of yours..u know..

Even after we're done

I still cant run away

Did you leave something in me

Did I not make my mark on you..

Sorry if I got the words all wrong[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]. It's a beautiful song anyway. Do you know how much the shipping costs will be for your EP to Europe?? I got them all on my Ipod! I better send you some money, cosI've listened to you many times when I get tired of Damien andJeff..

coreybyrnes 02-03-2005 08:51 PM

wow.... thanks LostCause.... i have no idea how much shipping would be to europe.... i can find out though.... i don't have any copies left of that EP as it was from way back in 2002 but as you know all the songs can be downloaded off my website for absolutely free.... you quoted "run away".... how cool is that[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] your kind words go a long way.... they're most appreciated....

LostCause 02-05-2005 01:39 PM

Im glad it makes you happy. I've been feeling a bit guilty for not giving you anything back for your music. I downloaded all of your songs some months ago and I really like them alot. I usally download lots of music without ever feeling bad. But in this case, since you're not signed to any label (yet![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]) I felt a bit guilty because of all your work and the money could go to buying new gear and develop your music. I generally dont care for the other signed bands, cos if they're in it for the money they wont get it from me. And artists that I really like I often go out and buy their cd's anyway. Just like I did with Damien.

SisterMidnight 02-07-2005 04:29 AM

Wow Corey that sounds great! [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]Congrats on the success of your fundraising effort, what a good causeand you organized it yourself? What a guy! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] Edited by: SisterMidnight