The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   9 crimes video (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12149)

robmcgrail 11-25-2006 10:43 PM

9 crimes video

...What

Colbarr 11-25-2006 10:44 PM

i was thinkin the exact same thing

Wheels 11-25-2006 10:44 PM

LISA!!!! Why did those kids do that??!?!?

Anyone got any idea what the idea of that video is? I like that it's so... strange :)

Timeé 11-25-2006 10:45 PM

that was such a beautiful video i thought.

Gatsby 11-25-2006 10:47 PM

at no point did any of that make any sense to me

his red jacket was funny looking. and i got a real impression of radiohead "just" from the opening few seconds

baloon fetish?
i want a lisa baloon now :(

Dean C 11-25-2006 10:47 PM

I knew/know there will be some people here who will read too much into that video. I kid you not, I was actually laughing in the video as the concept is so amusing. To those who say lisa's head on a balloon that Damien cannot catch, is meant to be a representation of the girl that got away from him or something along those lines, then let it be known that Damien and co will be laughing at you. I honestly think that video serves as a source of amusement, as there will be so many people who will take it seriously. It's meant to be a joke! :D Nicely shot though, good camerawork.

robmcgrail 11-25-2006 10:49 PM

i dont take it seriously for a second, but i didnt think it was really a good one. it made the song boring to me.

Hot Burrito 11-25-2006 10:49 PM

i wonder what happened to her body?........maybe it was in one of the bins? :icon_scra

Wheels 11-25-2006 10:51 PM

I'm not sure it really had anything to do with the song... other than the opening line...

Wheels 11-25-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Burrito
i wonder what happened to her body?........maybe it was in one of the bins? :icon_scra

Planning on going looking for it? :p

dandylittledreamer 11-25-2006 10:51 PM

I definitely think its a joke
Damien acting?!? I could never see him taking that seriously!
Nice concept though, reminds me of blurs 'Coffee and Tv' and Travis' 'Turn' a little,
silly but sad

Wheels 11-25-2006 10:53 PM

For those who couldn't see it, here is the basic story... Actually, it would spoil the surprises for you... I'll let you wait until you see it....

Timeé 11-25-2006 10:54 PM

you take it as a joke dean? i dont. i think its great. its all symbolism me reckons.

Hot Burrito 11-25-2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels
Planning on going looking for it? :p

hahaha yeah, was thinkin i could start a band with it...not sure what the vocals would be like tho..... :smiley36:

Rusholme Ruffian 11-25-2006 10:56 PM

I think it's just meant as a contrast to the dour and serious nature of the song. I certainly don't see any hidden meaning.

dandylittledreamer 11-25-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeé
you take it as a joke dean? i dont. i think its great. its all symbolism me reckons.

I dont mean joke in the real sense of the word, more like light hearted, its suppose to be entertaining, but kinda silly - that's my take, I really like it too.

Colbarr 11-25-2006 10:57 PM

It reminds me of Mr. Mackey, the guidance councillor from South park, when he was on drugs
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...4_mrmackey.jpg

Wheels 11-25-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revelate
i got a real impression of radiohead "just" from the opening few seconds

The whole thing was very much the same mood as that...

The song being so short would have made it difficult to create a complicated story. I still think my idea for a video would have been more in keeping with the song... but that's why I don't get the big bucks :crybaby2:

Hot Burrito 11-25-2006 11:05 PM

theres bound to be a story behind it tho isnt there? when i watch those 'making of the video' shows the directors always have some sort of 'concept' dont they? :director:

Dean C 11-25-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeé

Yep I think it's all meant to be a joke, and I think Damien and co will be laughing at those who try and label it with some deep meaning.

Miss Pink 11-25-2006 11:06 PM

i dont suppose some 1 recorded it..i missed it

Wheels 11-25-2006 11:08 PM

You should see it by tomorrow Pinkster.

I think the video is more a short film than a music video.

Miss Pink 11-25-2006 11:10 PM

it sounds like it...for some reason i was comvinced it was on at 12

Wheels 11-25-2006 11:11 PM

Originally it was, but they announced the change in time a few weeks ago. The news page even had a reminder! :)

Miss Pink 11-25-2006 11:16 PM

shut up.....i was at work all day and in bed at half 9

*Killian* 11-25-2006 11:24 PM

what a load of bent....possibly the worst video iv ever seen. seriously, it was a joke, almost painful to watch

Wheels 11-25-2006 11:29 PM

It was disconnected from the song... So were 'Just' and 'The Scientist', so seems to be that directors style. But I think the song being short made it difficult to make a good story... without relating to the words. If he had used the lyrics to tell the story he could have done much more I think.

Some of the bluescreen bits were a little rough... weren't they?

*Killian* 11-25-2006 11:33 PM

i thought it might be good at first, like thinking "hmm this looks expensive"...but that all faded away as soon as damien decided to show his face in his little red jacket...and then his pittifull attempt to catch the Lisa Balloon (thats what he gets for being so damn short) ;-)

you're right though about the song being too short to make any kind of meaningful story in the video like Just and The Scientist

Wheels 11-25-2006 11:38 PM

At least it was different. I won't know what I really think of it until I watch it a few times... kind of like the album... which I grew to love :)

*Killian* 11-25-2006 11:42 PM

i dont particularly want to see it again. i'll probably just find something else that will piss me off in it. still havnt grown to love the album yet....just feeling generally disconnected with damiens music at the moment, which is never a good thing, maybe thats got something to do with my loathing of the video