The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   honesty...a hotpress interveiw (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507)

Aisling 09-11-2003 05:27 PM

just read the hotpress interveiwand to be honest i wasnt too happy at all. it was nice and everything; they made him out to be really cool and all that, they gave him loads of praise and enthusiasm, said how brilliant he was but for some reason she couldnt get her head around the fact that he wasnt excited about letterman,conan,brittany or any the fame in general. she kept pushing that and treated him like a star which is exactly what he doesnt want as he repeated throughout the article.

it it was me i would have just sat down and had a chat with him, see how he felt and just listened instead of pushing him.

(think i might write in!)

did ye read it?and did youlike it?Edited by: Aisling

Angela 09-11-2003 06:51 PM

Ais, did that Hotpress issue come with a CD of his? I haven't read the interview yet - am hoping Emmett will have it up soon. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

administrator 09-11-2003 07:28 PM

i will have it up as soon as they put it up on the site, which they usually do in the week after it's published. no cd this time, but they did say a cd was upcoming featuring at least one track from the union chapel gig. might be the full thing, but it might not as well. fingers crossed.

Angela 09-11-2003 08:01 PM

Thanks, Emm. I will have to go begging to my Irish friends if there will indeed be a CD. http://fool.exler.ru/sm/shy.gif

FredDaNinjaPunk 09-12-2003 11:15 AM

Who would you think is a good interviewer Aisling(and everyone else)? I can't think off the top of my head but I find American tv and radio interviewers are really bad..eg Conan, Leno, Letterman for starters

Gatsby 09-12-2003 11:19 AM

i think Dave Fanning is the best interviewer around... either him or Gay Byrne [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

FredDaNinjaPunk 09-12-2003 11:29 AM

Yeah, I was thinking Dave myself...he's some legend. He's really funny too.
I presume your joking about Gay....god, I can't stand that man!! Although Pat Kenny is far worse!!

Wheels 09-12-2003 11:54 AM

I can't stand Dave Fanning...

Wheels 09-12-2003 11:55 AM

Actually, I think Emmett should do an interview with Damien...

Aisling 09-13-2003 08:48 AM

if anyone's doing an interview it'll be me!! ah no only mesin. yeah i was going to say dave fanning (this may sound weird but i really want to be him!! it's my life long dream to be dave fanning....[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]) who else is good...jon richards is good but i'd say im te only one who knows him...

fiona 09-13-2003 10:15 AM

i dont particularly like Dave Fanning, i always feeel like he's leading the people he's interviewing into giving him the answer he wants. like he comes into the interview with a set idea of that person and wants them to answer the questions to fit into that idea

administrator 09-13-2003 10:22 AM

well dave interviewed him on the last broadcast last year, so i think it's aisling's turn now.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Aisling 09-14-2003 06:39 PM

yessssssss!!!!!!!!

gally45 09-15-2003 05:02 AM

yeah jon richards is good, tom dunne is pretty good too i think

Sionna 09-15-2003 10:13 AM

Dave is a good interviewer except i remember he called damien david in one of the interviews,that p*ssed me off.Sorry Ais you cant interview damo,you'll only jump him,he'll be scarred for life[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] Oooh got me paddy casey tickets,your welcome to come down!

daol20 09-15-2003 10:44 AM

Everyone seems to have mixed feelings about Dave Fanning. I have to say i like the guy. He always seems to ask interesting questions and have a good knowledge of the person he's interviewing all the time. He can be funny also. A few of my mates hate the guy. But i'll always checkhim out, if i come across him on the radio or tele,even if ii havent heardof the interviewee.

I wouldnt worry too much about the name thing fifi!, sure we all do that sometimes. Christ, i even called my old girlfriend by another girls name once. (She went mad btw!![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])

Loveless 09-15-2003 05:23 PM

I think Dave Fanning is a great interviewer, definitely the best person to interview a music artist in Ireland. like you say, he always seems to have an in-depth knowledge of the person he's talking to. the radio programme used to be good some years ago, but the odd few times I've heard it lately all they did was sit around and have a panel talking about music rather than erm.. playing music.

Aisling 09-15-2003 07:11 PM

im so going to interview him fifi!! remember me with bellx1? wasn't i all reserved? did i jump brian? hmm fifi? did ihttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10_1_20.gifi was really cooool about it!!

eh hem dominic!!

Sionna 09-16-2003 04:58 PM

Quite you!!!!!![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]