The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lisa Hannigan (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lisa & Glen in Barcelona :) (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17073)

borneoman 02-20-2013 09:35 PM

Lisa & Glen in Barcelona :)

saw Lisa & Glen in Barcelona over the weekend, they played this nice little theatre called l'Auditori, incredible experience as usual.

met Lisa briefly before the show, requested Teeth but told me she doesn't know how to play it :) after the show, we talked about it again, and she promised she's gonna learn it :)

her show was kinda short but nice. She did Passenger, Little Bird, Lille, Knots, a new song We The Drowned, and two songs with the guys from the Frames, Flowers and A Sail. Loved the newie, very sad and slow (video below). She performed it with one of the guys from the Frames on piano.

then toward the end of Glen's performance, she was greeted back on stage and Lisa & Glen did O Sleep as a duet (nice, although it kinda showed that Glen is no Ray Lamontagne) :) and a super super beautiful version of Falling Slowly

Little Bird

We The Drowned

Falling Slowly

O Sleep

borneoman 02-20-2013 09:44 PM

and here's some of Glen's best songs of the night:

Leave

Come Away to the Water

Back Broke

and the always amazing Say it to Me Now

verenita 02-21-2013 11:21 PM

thanks for sharing, marti! i know you had an amazing time :)

Shillelagh 02-22-2013 05:14 PM

I don't think glen knew the words.

That coughing person needs to die already

Edit: sorry that was harsh. I'm in a terrible mood.

myc 02-22-2013 07:49 PM

a happy colour of jealous

Joyful 02-23-2013 01:58 AM

Wonderful, Marti!!

borneoman 02-26-2013 06:34 PM

forgot to mention that Glen talked about Damien a couple times!!!!

it was Barcelona, so Glen mentioned the story about Damien loving Barcelona and not wanting to play here or his CDs released cos itīs like a second home to him... he said something like my friend, you might know him, Damien Rice... and everybody cheered like crazy :)

then he also told the longest story about making a night trip on a boat to find a lighthouse cos Damien had told him about this lighthouse...

was nice to hear Glen talk about Damo with such a brotherly love ;)

verenita 02-26-2013 07:48 PM

^ indeed :) thanks for sharing, marti!

Agent99 02-27-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 372305)
forgot to mention that Glen talked about Damien a couple times!!!!

it was Barcelona, so Glen mentioned the story about Damien loving Barcelona and not wanting to play here or his CDs released cos itīs like a second home to him... he said something like my friend, you might know him, Damien Rice... and everybody cheered like crazy :)

then he also told the longest story about making a night trip on a boat to find a lighthouse cos Damien had told him about this lighthouse...

was nice to hear Glen talk about Damo with such a brotherly love ;)

Ah, would love to see a video of that! Maybe someone will have it up on youtube eventually.
Glen's a very good storyteller at his shows, I've noticed.

ulguitarguy 04-08-2013 09:11 PM

I only found out about it after it was sold out!! I nearly fell over when I saw a poster in the street! I was soo pissed off! Couldn't believe that I missed them playing!! I'd imagine it was fantastic (as usual!)

Hope you had a great time!!