The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2009 South American Tour Announced!!! (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15608)

Joyful 12-04-2008 12:06 PM

2009 South American Tour Announced!!!

From Damienrice.com:

South American Tour Announced
Damien will be doing a South American Tour in January and February 2009.
Dates will be announced shortly.

Timeé 12-04-2008 12:39 PM

Nice one. Verenita shall be elated.

Nine 12-04-2008 12:43 PM

cool!

Yetzirah 12-04-2008 01:05 PM

I hope, he'll go to Colombia, too so Mary can go and see him...

borneoman 12-04-2008 01:10 PM

Wow so you know Verenita, you have to do the whole South American tour now!!

Cali 12-04-2008 01:27 PM

i'm so happy for verenita and mary! and our chilean and brazilian eskimo friends!
ps. oh and eva, sorry, and delonelyman

eva_arg 12-04-2008 01:54 PM

oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/icon_eek.gif http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/icon_eek.gif http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/icon_eek.gif http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/icon_eek.gif

I think I'm about to faint....

cuuliem 12-04-2008 02:29 PM

faint when he'll be around you. right now it's not necessary

Roberta 12-04-2008 02:40 PM

I'm so happy for all the south american eskimos!!
you'll have to tell us everything!

Moves-My-World 12-04-2008 02:48 PM

Brilliant news!

verenita 12-04-2008 04:08 PM

i think my heart stopped beating for a moment (i don´t know how long it was, but it happened for sure)...

gosh... this made my day so much more that the words could ever say...
thanks for thinking of me :) and southamerican eskimos, guys!
i can´t wait to know more about it... cheers!

and, cali... i´ll follow your advice for sure ;), eva, that plan includes you as well... and mate.

JCpatriot66 12-04-2008 08:16 PM

I wonder if this means additional touring around that time...

Joyful 12-04-2008 08:41 PM

UPDATE/CHANGE from damienrice.com

Central & South American Mini-Tour Planned
Damien will be playing a small number of shows in Central and South America in January/February 2009. The plan is to visit Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Brazil. Dates will be announced shortly.

verenita 12-04-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyful (Post 340802)
UPDATE/CHANGE from damienrice.com

Central & South American Mini-Tour Planned
Damien will be playing a small number of shows in Central and South America in January/February 2009. The plan is to visit Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Brazil. Dates will be announced shortly.

OH MY GOD! (i´m screaming right now.)
hey, damien... if there´s a chance you (or your manager) read this... c´mon, add colombia to the tour... it´s a fascinating place to go.

tarasova 12-04-2008 11:09 PM

BRAZIL!

words can't really express my current state of histery. we've waited for YEARS and he's finally coming! THANK YOU, CHRISTMAS SPIRIT or... whatever. <3

Wheels 12-04-2008 11:42 PM

Hey, great news for you guys. Tara, get all those Brazilian fans in here, we need a new network of concert reporters!! :)

dawno 12-05-2008 02:15 AM

YAY for you guys! Enjoy!

srahman24 12-05-2008 03:02 AM

I'm so happy for you Vee! You're gonna have a blast!

Wheels 12-05-2008 03:29 PM

This tour reminded me of these guys who had a hit in Brazil with their 'Blowers Daughter' cover...

Wonder will they show up at any of the shows?

Moves-My-World 12-05-2008 03:42 PM

Slight update:

Damien will be playing a small number of shows in Central and South America in January/February 2009. The plan is to visit Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Brazil.

verenita 12-05-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srahman24 (Post 340814)
I'm so happy for you Vee! You're gonna have a blast!

i dreamt about last night :D

Cali 12-05-2008 05:42 PM

^^^ i remember when melissa posted it. i love it, seu jorge's voice is so beautiful

borneoman 12-05-2008 05:50 PM

^ he should soooo invite Seu Jorge & Ana Carolina when he plays Brazil!!!!!!!! well at least Seu Jorge!!!

Cali 12-05-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels (Post 340808)
Hey, great news for you guys. Tara, get all those Brazilian fans in here, we need a new network of concert reporters!! :)

yes!! bring renata too!

Felipe 12-05-2008 07:22 PM

Brazil

hey hey!!!

Brazil, Brazil, Brazil!

we need damien here!!!!

hello old friends! i'm back here. Cali and Melissa :)

SisterMidnight 12-05-2008 09:43 PM

FELIPE!!! :smiley31: my favorite brazilian eskimo friend

i'm so happy damien's coming to brazil! i know how long you and everyone else have waited, i'm sure it will be amazing! i'm so happy for you!!

and how have you been? i haven't talked to you in so long.. i hope you're well.

don't be a stranger old friend, beijos e abracos xoxo

@ verenita!!! YAY you finally get to see damien!!! :hello2:

verenita 12-05-2008 10:13 PM

^:D:icon_chee

Joyful 12-05-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 340861)
^ he should soooo invite Seu Jorge & Ana Carolina when he plays Brazil!!!!!!!! well at least Seu Jorge!!!

I agree. That was a really nice cover. I had never heard it.

eskimo_prague 12-06-2008 04:19 AM

I'm extremely happy to read this!! Never in a million years did I expect Damien to come to México!!! :D :D

Thanks for the news!!

eva_arg 12-06-2008 11:27 AM

yeah, same here! I never thought this would ever happen.

hey vere,where do you think he would play? La Trastienda?

I really hope he brings a full band too. I want him to rock my socks and also to give me goosebumps and the same time hehehe

verenita 12-06-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva_arg (Post 340899)
yeah, same here! I never thought this would ever happen.

hey vere,where do you think he would play? La Trastienda?

I really hope he brings a full band too. I want him to rock my socks and also to give me goosebumps and the same time hehehe

yes, i think so... because there was a chance (real chance, i knew it by a good source) two years ago he came to argentina (also brazil) and he was play in la trastienda... although, i would really love he´d play in some irish pub (the temple bar would be a dream comes true), but i don´t think it would happend.

Felipe 12-07-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight (Post 340870)
FELIPE!!! :smiley31: my favorite brazilian eskimo friend

i'm so happy damien's coming to brazil! i know how long you and everyone else have waited, i'm sure it will be amazing! i'm so happy for you!!

and how have you been? i haven't talked to you in so long.. i hope you're well.

don't be a stranger old friend, beijos e abracos xoxo

@ verenita!!! YAY you finally get to see damien!!! :hello2:

Hey hey hey! Melissa, tkx so much for the "favorite" hehe i'm glad to talk to you again! :hello2:
And your portuguese is still really good, i can see it :smiley32:

i've missed you guys but now i'm back!
so, our eskimofriends from brazil are really excited with demo's performances here. We don't know the ins and outs of tour dates and places but we think is almost confirmed that he'll play on january 30th in São Paulo :hello2:

hugs everyone!!

shon 12-07-2008 02:42 PM

Man! I'm getting jealous here. Congrats to all south american eskimo friends ;))

SisterMidnight 12-07-2008 03:02 PM

aww shon, i hope he comes to vietnam soon, too, so you can see him live as well :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felipe (Post 340938)
Hey hey hey! Melissa, tkx so much for the "favorite" hehe i'm glad to talk to you again! :hello2:
And your portuguese is still really good, i can see it :smiley32:

i've missed you guys but now i'm back!
so, our eskimofriends from brazil are really excited with demo's performances here. We don't know the ins and outs of tour dates and places but we think is almost confirmed that he'll play on january 30th in São Paulo :hello2:

hugs everyone!!

hehe felipe, well you are my favorite ;) it's so nice to talk to you again, we missed you, too! but my portuguese is still not so great, even though you were a very good (and patient) teacher :)

tell renata and mayara and gustavo and all of our other friends from damien rice brazil on orkut to pop by and say hello when they have the chance, we would love to hear from them and have them tell all about the concert after you go! send them hugs from us and say we're wishing you all a very merry christmas as well, feliz natal! :icon_sant

*damien should be prepared for a very enthusiastic crowd, i watched rush in rio last night and the brazilian crowd was amazing.. so into it and so intense!

Devushka 12-08-2008 12:03 AM

OMG!!!!!! i never thought he would come to Chile!!! i'm so happy!!!!!! :D
anyone else from Chile here??

EDIT: shoot.. i think my account was deleated.. so i had to register a new one :(

mariaoran 12-08-2008 05:26 PM

Oh this is great news. I am actually looking forward to seeing videos and hearing reports of these shows. It should be nice to see Damien in action again... so happy for all of you fellow south Americans! :)

Hah for a moment i there i thought that if he were to go to Venezuela i would've conveniently decided to go visit my parents... :D

Felipe 12-09-2008 08:30 PM

WHERE are our brazilian eskimo friends?!

SisterMidnight 12-10-2008 02:09 AM

yes, where ARE they?? we miss you guys, come say hello! matheusbido and amie r. (carla) and nilton..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devushka (Post 340984)
OMG!!!!!! i never thought he would come to Chile!!! i'm so happy!!!!!! :D
anyone else from Chile here??

EDIT: shoot.. i think my account was deleated.. so i had to register a new one :(

yeah, the forum got hacked and we lost 8 months of posts and new registrations, etc. everyone who registered in the last year or so had to sign up again. we didn't kick you out or anything ;)

but yay damien's coming to chile!! i think delonelyman is from there, but maybe his account disappeared too..

Devushka 12-10-2008 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight (Post 341121)
yeah, the forum got hacked and we lost 8 months of posts and new registrations, etc. everyone who registered in the last year or so had to sign up again. we didn't kick you out or anything ;)

OMG!! :O i had no idea!! no wonder i couldnt find any of the old posts!!! that sucks!!! but who would do such thing???

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight (Post 341121)
but yay damien's coming to chile!! i think delonelyman is from there, but maybe his account disappeared too..

yeah YAY!!! i still can't believe it!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

tarasova 12-10-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 340861)

well i personally think we brazilians would be much happier to listen to his covers of Águas de Março and Desafinado than listening to Seu Jorge and Ana Carolina killing the Blower's Daughter for the 9087654534124th time, but that's just me being grumpy. hahahaha (:

and it's REAL, it's HAPPENING, tickets will be on sale tomorrow! <3 <3 <3