The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   sommerfesten 2010 (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16382)

verenita 05-22-2010 07:32 PM

sommerfesten 2010

i just got this. it says damien will be playing at sommerfesten in noruega by the end of july. of course, i don´t get a single word :p (well, i guess sommerfesten may mean summer festival, lol).

Fjordline 05-22-2010 07:53 PM

I wish I could be there. My favourite artist playing in the world's most beautiful country - that would be amazing.

malakitt 05-22-2010 09:18 PM

the festival is at an island at the west coast of Norway, close to Ålesund - it's called Giske. there are no ticket costs, but there is a concept of bringing food to share with other people at the festival. last year there was a crowd of 15.000 people who attended the festival.

I'm hoping to go as there is a bunch of amazing artists who will play. :)

borneoman 05-22-2010 09:41 PM

Oh thanks Vere!!!!!!!!

Wow wow very interesting, I fear it's another island in the middle of nowhere like Traena last time... The only thing I figured out is that it's GRATIS (Free)!!!!

Moves-My-World 05-22-2010 09:48 PM

Google Chrome translation:

Who are the newest artists?
Not long ago, so we introduced Tom McRae as the biggest name
on the summer party ever. Now he has had a good race with himself Damien Rice!
It is now two years since he has been in Norway, and we are very pleased that he will be part of the summer party! In addition, we wish William Hut and Thom Hell welcome back to Giske,
the delivered brilliant performances last year, and we looking forward to see you!
Last but not least, we have also been with us, John Smith, who in addition to Summer Celebration is ready for England's biggest festival Glastonbury. He reaps praise lot and is really a shooting star?

Amie R. 05-22-2010 10:09 PM

I'm sooooooooooo going to be there!
Vere you made my day!
Im soooo happy!!!

verenita 05-23-2010 02:28 AM

i´m glad :) and you´re welcome. you can tell us everything about it.
i also like the idea it´s a "free" festival, with a call for peace, love and understanding :)
http://www.verdensbestefestival.no/a...ges/header.jpg

hehe, it says "gratis" on the right side. it is also a "norwegian" word as well? it is in spanish :D

borneoman 05-23-2010 07:08 AM

^he he 'Gratis' exists in a lot of languages, I know it exists in Dutch for instance, 'Gratis Ingang' (Free entrance), which seem pretty similar to Norwegian :p

will check if it's feasible to go!!!!!! any traveling tips from Norwegian Eskimos??? How do you get there?

verenita 05-23-2010 03:40 PM

ok, marti, thanks. i love that word, by the way :p
i hope you may go :)

Amie R. 05-23-2010 04:27 PM

Marti you can come to oslo and then take a flight to Ålesund which airport is very close to Giske,the island where the festival happens! I have contact someone to rent a house for that weekend so I can volunteer to host artists ;-) you can volunteer for many things(since the festival is based in volunteer work) such as driving the artists,hosting and feeding them ;-) The artists are also playing for free and Damien will be the greatest there according to Sommerfestivalen. If you would like you could come to Oslo and then we could head to Ålesund together and share the house with me and my sister (if I get a response from the owner).
Gratis ingang is dutch and Gratis engang is norwegian. There are many similarities betweens those languages ;-) We are flying with norwegian from Oslo to Ålesund early in the morning of the july 30th!

verenita 05-23-2010 04:55 PM

karla, that is awesome! i hope you have a great time there :)
marti... i think you don´t need to think too much about it, do you? ;)

SisterMidnight 05-23-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amie R. (Post 358850)
I have contact someone to rent a house for that weekend so I can volunteer to host artists ;-) you can volunteer for many things(since the festival is based in volunteer work) such as driving the artists,hosting and feeding them ;-)

good plan ;)

i don't know most of those artists, other than damien and tom mcrae, but i would love to see both of them. it looks like a cool festival.

i wish he would play somewhere not quite so remote sometime..

Brandinian 05-25-2010 06:42 PM

Aw damn, I literally just got back from Norway!

Amie R. 05-27-2010 06:31 AM

The house I tried to rent is already taken for that period ;-( 1 night at the hotel there is the same as 2 nights in a good hotel in Dublin! or 3 nights somewhere else,like Reykjavik...Norway is so expansive,so much cheaper going anywhere else in europe!
Well,anything for Damien...

verenita 05-27-2010 12:57 PM

are you on couchsurfing? maybe you could try that ;)
best of luck, girl.

borneoman 05-28-2010 06:11 AM

I guess I'll pass cos flights are too $$$$

verenita 05-28-2010 01:31 PM

dammit :(
sorry marti.

Amie R. 05-30-2010 08:52 PM

Vere! I'm a member of couchsurfing and I will try it in case I really need,but I still prefer hotels if I can afford it...will see by the time. Marti,the flights are so expansive even going from Oslo to Ålesund,it's insane!! But I will go,of course...Hope DR will tour soon so all his fans can see him ;-)

verenita 05-30-2010 10:01 PM

good luck then ;)

Amie R. 06-22-2010 09:39 AM

Btw the random Giske island here in Norway has a really beautiful recording studio and under the festival an artist will record something in that studio...well they are encouraging people to buy a "volunteer ticket" for the festival (just a way to raise money to guarantee the next year festival) and they will randomly chose people who bought the ticket to watch the recording session... I asked one of the guys working at the festival who's the artist and he said it is secret. Just to feed your curiosity I will leave the link for pictures of the recording studio...

http://www.oceansoundrecordings.com/?menu=6

Amie R. 06-22-2010 09:47 AM

From the festival website:

Om du velger å kjøpe frivillig-billett er du automagisk med i trekning av en intim musikalsk opplevelse i særklasse i Ocean Sound Recordings på Giske.

"if you choose to buy volunteer ticket you are automatically participating on a draw to a intimate musical experience in special class (V.I.P) at the Ocean sound recordings at Giske"

PlanetDeimler 06-25-2010 07:53 PM

Hi Everyone! I'm a long time Damien fan but I'm new to this site. I love Damien and if you all will have me, I'm so thrilled to join a community of like minded people!
I heard about Sommerfesten and I'm so excited to be going. I just booked my flight into Oslo and plan on taking a train into Alesund. Are there any Norwegian Eskimos (or someone familiar with Norway) out there that can give some info on where to stay in Oslo and/or Alesund? Any advice on traveling in Norway?

borneoman 06-25-2010 08:46 PM

^I'd say it's probably cheaper to fly to Alesund rather than going by train...

cille 06-25-2010 08:46 PM

This isn't a huge festival, is it? Compared to ie Roskilde? Not a lot of big names on there. Sounds really cosy.

borneoman 06-25-2010 08:58 PM

it says on the site that 15,000 people were there last year, so yep, kinda small for your standard European festival ;) but it's free so I guess that attracts people, at least locals...

Amie R. 06-25-2010 10:41 PM

it's a 14 hours festival..Roskilde is like what, 4 days? no many big names will play for free.
planet deimler I would advise you to take a plane with norwegian from Oslo to Ålesund. A train will take longer and in the end will be more expansive and the airport is closer to Giske than the train station is,I guess. I'm going,but haven't decided where I'm staying since hotels are very very expansive,but if you want we could share a triple room? I will be going with my sister ;-)

PlanetDeimler 06-26-2010 11:23 AM

Thanks for the advice about flying vs train. You guys are right, the train can get expensive. I think we're going to drive from Olso though. I know it's going to be a long drive but I'm excited to see other parts of Norway. It looks so beautiful. Amie R, I'm going with my husband and we would be happy split a room with you and your sister. Anything to cut the cost is helpful. I'm going to search for hotels soon so I'll let you know I find.

Amie R. 06-27-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlanetDeimler (Post 359820)
Thanks for the advice about flying vs train. You guys are right, the train can get expensive. I think we're going to drive from Olso though. I know it's going to be a long drive but I'm excited to see other parts of Norway. It looks so beautiful. Amie R, I'm going with my husband and we would be happy split a room with you and your sister. Anything to cut the cost is helpful. I'm going to search for hotels soon so I'll let you know I find.

Cool! driving to Ålesund is a fantastic idea.Norway is extremely beautiful. You'll will enjoy it very much! Just be prepared to make ur trip a few hours longer by stopping to make pictures;-) where u staying in Oslo?

malakitt 07-19-2010 04:13 PM

here's the full line up including times and dates:

http://www.verdensbestefestival.no/n...gram_med_tider

Damien will be on stage July 31st, from 21.00 to 21.45, with Maria Mena playing before him and Sarah Blasko playing after him. now I just hope that there will be the same live streaming from the local newspaper as in the two previous years.

borneoman 07-19-2010 07:39 PM

so what you saying? it might be streamed live??