The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New York/Brookyn locals or seasoned NY travellers (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17297)

DesoleInBoston 10-09-2014 06:07 PM

New York/Brookyn locals or seasoned NY travellers

Can you recommend good bars in the immediate proximity of the Warsaw and The Box? I can do the same for you if he ever comes back to Boston :)

Thanks!

thewrightowns 10-09-2014 06:12 PM

Or pizza places :D

signalfire 10-10-2014 11:49 AM

Near Warsaw I'd recommend Manhattan Inn, No Name Bar, and Bar Matchless. Enid's has drinks, but it's mostly a sit down restaurant. Good food though. Vinnie's does pizza by the slice, so it's easy to grab one and then walk out to go wait in line.

Near The Box, I'm thinking either Freeman's or Sweet and Vicious. I might've found myself amongst a lot of Irishmen at Sweet and Vicious after a Hozier gig earlier this year.

DesoleInBoston 10-10-2014 01:28 PM

Thank you so much!

signalfire 10-10-2014 01:41 PM

You're quite welcome. My sister lives in the same neighborhood as Warsaw. We walked past it on Sunday, and I gave a little wistful sigh. I don't know if anyone's vegan/vegetarian/can enjoy things without meat, but Champs Junior is a quick little sandwich shop nearby. I'm a vegetarian myself and highly recommend it.

I'm sure that people will probably be figuring out the line situation by the time I get there Friday, but I'd be happy to have brunch/a drink with anyone before the Saturday show.

jwelsh8 10-17-2014 10:52 PM

If you are fan of beer, I would recommend Torst, which could very well be the best beer bar in all of New York City. That is just a few blocks away from Warsaw. 21 closely watched taps filled with unique beer from all over the world.

And for The Box tomorrow, a good beer bar is Randolph Beer on Broome Street.

blindmelonade 10-18-2014 12:31 AM

Anyone want to meet up tomorrow? I'm headed to Penn station from NJ at around 230pm by myself because I could only secure one ticket...

LilyT 10-23-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by signalfire (Post 375881)
You're quite welcome. My sister lives in the same neighborhood as Warsaw. We walked past it on Sunday, and I gave a little wistful sigh. I don't know if anyone's vegan/vegetarian/can enjoy things without meat, but Champs Junior is a quick little sandwich shop nearby. I'm a vegetarian myself and highly recommend it.

I'm sure that people will probably be figuring out the line situation by the time I get there Friday, but I'd be happy to have brunch/a drink with anyone before the Saturday show.

Ohhh I wish I had seen this before I went back to VA! On Friday we ate in a little place in Queens that served fake chicken and tempeh sandwiches and on Saturday I tried a beet burger at Blossom du Jour in Hells Kitchen. So good!