The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Music (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ASH!! (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3884)

MIFFY 05-16-2004 07:48 PM

What does everyone think of there new album, meltdown? I think its sooooo good, glad to c dem back.

Whats everyones favourite ash song? tink mine is clones or burn baby burn....

Mojo_Pin1980 05-17-2004 09:39 AM

Burn Baby Burn and Shining Light, although the guy can't sing worth sh*t![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Dannyboyo 05-17-2004 11:11 AM

Angel Interceptor and Kung-Fu! Class!

Is the new album heavier than 'Free all Angels'?

administrator 05-17-2004 11:53 AM

they write the catchiest songs. i think my favourite is Goldfinger

Gatsby 05-17-2004 11:55 AM

i didnt like there old stuff but ive heard one or two off the new album and i must say i like them...[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

MIFFY 05-17-2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyboyo

Angel Interceptor and Kung-Fu! Class!

Is the new album heavier than 'Free all Angels'?

It's about the same id say, the really 'heavy' ones on it are the 2 released singles:clones and...em that other 1.. dam cant remember the name!

I wasn't really a fan of their earlier stuff either but got into them just b4 free all angels. Theyr gonna be sooooo good at witness, never seen them live

Dannyboyo 05-17-2004 02:43 PM

BREAKING NEWS! Having posted my reply a mere 3 hours ago, I've just been told that ASH are doing a signing session at my Local Virgin Megastore at 1700 today!!!! Brilliant, signed albums all round!!! Hooray for me.

On a different note, to back up what Emmett said, they DO indeed make the catchiest tunes, can you believe they wrote 'Girl from Mars' when they were 15 years old?? Amazing.

Hendrik 05-17-2004 02:51 PM

I've read bad reviews...pseudo-metal album?Edited by: Hendrik

MIFFY 05-17-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

BREAKING NEWS! Having posted my reply a mere 3 hours ago, I've just been told that ASH are doing a signing session at my Local Virgin Megastore at 1700 today!!!! Brilliant, signed albums all round!!! Hooray for me.

On a different note, to back up what Emmett said, they DO indeed make the catchiest tunes, can you believe they wrote 'Girl from Mars' when they were 15 years old?? Amazing.

Damn u!! Tell tim i said HI[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]he should remember me!....

Louise 05-17-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo_Pin1980
Burn Baby Burn and Shining Light, although the guy can't sing worth sh*t![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

boo...I want to marry him.

Dannyboyo 05-17-2004 03:09 PM

[/quote]

Damn u!! Tell tim i said HI[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]he should remember me!....

[/quote]

haha I'll be sure to tell him! Sounds like an interesting story you have to tell...?

MIFFY 05-17-2004 03:20 PM

Quote:

[/quote]

haha I'll be sure to tell him! Sounds like an interesting story you have to tell...?

[/quote]

Ahem..more of a fantasy!![img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Dannyboyo 05-18-2004 07:08 AM

Well, I met the wee fella's last night! Got my Signed copy of 'Meltdown'! Very nice group, altho Charlottre looked immensly bored! But as Tim (I feel I'm on first name terms...?!) pointed out, she does have alot more to write than the others, I recommended getting a stamp, she didn't look overly impressed...Tim's a real friendly fella though. Quite chatty, even though I got allpathetic and nervous!