The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Grand Rex, Paris (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17697)

Pouline 07-20-2015 12:28 PM

Grand Rex, Paris

So who’s going tonight? And do you plan on meeting up before the gig? :)

verenita 07-20-2015 12:43 PM

have a wonderful night you all! :)

InspirationDestination 07-20-2015 02:13 PM

I'm still on the Mustard Seeds high. Have fun!! Especially to the "Cheeky Bastard," if he's going. I hope he does another new one tonight!

acquadigio 07-20-2015 02:49 PM

if only someone request "Prague". After Mustard Seeds I believe in any kind of miracle :angel7:

Caticat 07-20-2015 04:34 PM

Ok ! I'll try with Prague...

I'd love Cold water and Long long way...

lod 07-20-2015 05:17 PM

He played long long way in Dublin so you have a chance with that.. Have never heard him playing cold water, don't think he did on this tour... It takes a lot is stunning live.. Enjoy every minute

DesoleInBoston 07-20-2015 05:24 PM

He did a Long Long Way / Cold Water "medley" in Boston and Philly, so it's a definite possibility. Have fun everyone!

(Someday I'll learn how to embed a video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_dM8a7R9K4

borneoman 07-20-2015 05:38 PM

he does Cold water every now and then, last time was when he invited all those women on stage and ended up being the worst version ever :)

embedding is easy, you write:
1) youtube inside []
2) the little code after watch=
3) /youtube inside []
and write the 3 parts altogether without spaces

DesoleInBoston 07-20-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 383557)
he does cold water every now and then, last time was when he invited all those women on stage and ended up being the worst version ever :)

embedding is easy, you write:
1) youtube inside []
2) the little code after watch=
3) /youtube inside []
and write the 3 parts altogether without spaces

thank you!!!

InspirationDestination 07-20-2015 07:32 PM

The Chicago Cold Water was indeed one of the worst audience vocal performances, but it was sooo funny. Both watching him trying to manage the "harem" (there was a parade of like 15 other women that were prevented from going up) and in the freedom and silliness of the women who went up.

Trying the embedding:

Caticat 07-20-2015 10:44 PM

Here's the setlist !

Cannonball
Older chester
Volcano
Elephant
The professsor et la fille danse
Trusty and true
I remember
The greatest bastard
Long long way 😀
Coconuts skins
Italtkam

My heart (with Mariam the believer)
9 crimes
The box (a capella)

cuuliem 07-20-2015 10:44 PM

The box unamplified for the last song. No blowers daughter. Coconut skins requested by the audience and played . volcano without the audience but he uses the loop to do all parts

glo32 07-20-2015 11:15 PM

well...

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...af&oe=5612788F

cuuliem 07-20-2015 11:30 PM

Hé played the connoisseur when I held him.the lyrics. But my camera just went off in middle of the song

DesoleInBoston 07-20-2015 11:54 PM

Definitely an aftershow:
https://twitter.com/nanyness/status/623275877741293573

borneoman 07-21-2015 12:18 AM

strange setlist but guess he compensated by doing an aftershow :)
he didn´t do TBW and Delicate in the main show so he had to do an aftershow to do them :D

borneoman 07-21-2015 12:18 AM

did he announce he was gonna do it? cos there´s so many people in that pic...

InspirationDestination 07-21-2015 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuuliem (Post 383570)
Hé played the connoisseur when I held him.the lyrics. But my camera just went off in middle of the song

Thank you to everyone, especially Stef. You're the MVP of the French shows, in my book!! Are you sure you don't want to fly to the U.S. for the last leg of his tour? If anyone finds connoisseur, please post!!

Does he know you and Marti by name yet? If not, he should!
(and, I should) :P

Lys 07-21-2015 05:26 AM

Quote:

Ha! That's funny :)

Also - waaaaahhhhhhhh another aftershow I missed...:crybaby2:
Seems I know just which shows not to go to, to miss those...hehe.

How many songs did he play after?

Pouline 07-21-2015 07:36 AM

The show was great, I'm so glad I changed my mind and went because I liked it better than Cork! Loved it, even. :)

Though a bit disappointed cause the show was announced sold out (purchase was limited to one ticket last week), and last night there were at least 7 empty seats around me... *hum*
And of course at the end I went home and missed the after show. Again. :crybaby2:

Next time I'll sleep on the sidewalk.

glo32 07-21-2015 07:40 AM

what a strange setlist, but I do love it. It's refreshing to see a setlist without The Blower's Daughter and Delicate... I do like their songs but they're so old and overheard now that I just hope they start appearing and disappearing from setlists every once in a while, leaving space to other songs as well.

And The Box a capella? Can't wait to see a video.

verenita 07-21-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuuliem (Post 383567)
The box unamplified for the last song. No blowers daughter. Coconut skins requested by the audience and played . volcano without the audience but he uses the loop to do all parts

Quote:

bravo stephan :smiley32: and thanks ;)

i´m so looking forward to hearing that version of volcano! and coconut skins again... lovely!

i´m glad he still has the feeling of doing aftershows and i´m very happy for those who were there :) thanks for sharing!

cuuliem 07-21-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glo32 (Post 383578)
And The Box a capella? Can't wait to see a video.

In the dark. So no visual

cuuliem 07-21-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pouline (Post 383577)
The show was great, I'm so glad I changed my mind and went because I liked it better than Cork! Loved it, even. :)

Though a bit disappointed cause the show was announced sold out (purchase was limited to one ticket last week), and last night there were at least 7 empty seats around me... *hum*
And of course at the end I went home and missed the after show. Again. :crybaby2:

Next time I'll sleep on the sidewalk.

Claude and I were looking for you

Pouline 07-21-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuuliem (Post 383582)
Claude and I were looking for you

Oh no... I should have sent you my number. :(

I felt so bad today when I saw the after show pictures... Then again, I was tired and had a massive headache (strobe lights didn't help my case) so I don't know if I would have waited until 1am, but meeting you guys even briefly would have been so nice!

But there'll be a next time, for sure!

cookienator 07-21-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lys (Post 383575)
How many songs did he play after?

Someone on Instagram said 5 or 6. Super jealous!!

DesoleInBoston 07-21-2015 01:53 PM

Someone got a great video of Coconut Skins with a funny introduction:

^^^I embedded a video (squeal!)

Abso 07-21-2015 02:05 PM

Amazing show! Seriously I can't land after last night, there was some magic in the air, I've loved every versions of the songs as they sounded slightly different from what I've ever heard live, especially I Remember. I loved the way he played with his voice going so slow then almost frantic, from whispered to screamed as the last sound produced on earth in this life! It's difficult to explain as we all feel things a different way but I've felt Damien so right and comfy, at his right place with lights, sound, respectful audience. I've rediscovered Trusty and True the way he played it, notes were flying, there must have been angels around last night for sure to hold and carry so much beauty and grace. I could talk about every song but to try to make it short (well, not too much longer sounds more appropriate :D ) I've seen the whole range of Damien's sensitivity, intensity and talent last night more than in previous shows I've been to, and God it feels so good!!!!! I've missed the after show but I couldn't stand the massive crowd after the kind of intimacy I've been lucky enough to share during the show so I can say that I'm very delighted to keep in my mind the beautiful end with The Box played in all dark, so soft, keeping the audience totally hung to Damien's voice till the end...I really feel blessed and a privileged witness after last night, we really should create a word a thousand times stronger than "thanks" :icon_pray

Here is my vid from Trusty and True, I think I have Coconut too, will check later and thanks to the person who asked for it, that was a premiere for me!
https://youtu.be/ZYZiAfN4xrQ
Please don't share it, keep it for iglooers

verenita 07-21-2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesoleInBoston (Post 383594)
Someone got a great video of Coconut Skins with a funny introduction:

^^^I embedded a video (squeal!)

yay, desole! :smiley32: :smiley32:

i think it´s the same guy who got the video of "my heart" that lys posted. he got also other vids, great view :D

i love this song!

verenita 07-21-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abso (Post 383595)
Amazing show! Seriously I can't land after last night, there was some magic in the air, I've loved every versions of the songs as they sounded slightly different from what I've ever heard live, especially I Remember. I loved the way he played with his voice going so slow then almost frantic, from whispered to screamed as the last sound produced on earth in this life! It's difficult to explain as we all feel things a different way but I've felt Damien so right and comfy, at his right place with lights, sound, respectful audience. I've rediscovered Trusty and True the way he played it, notes were flying, there must have been angels around last night for sure to hold and carry so much beauty and grace. I could talk about every song but to try to make it short (well, not too much longer sounds more appropriate :D ) I've seen the whole range of Damien's sensitivity, intensity and talent last night more than in previous shows I've been to, and God it feels so good!!!!! I've missed the after show but I couldn't stand the massive crowd after the kind of intimacy I've been lucky enough to share during the show so I can say that I'm very delighted to keep in my mind the beautiful end with The Box played in all dark, so soft, keeping the audience totally hung to Damien's voice till the end...I really feel blessed and a privileged witness after last night, we really should create a word a thousand times stronger than "thanks" :icon_pray

Here is my vid from Trusty and True, I think I have Coconut too, will check later and thanks to the person who asked for it, that was a premiere for me!
https://youtu.be/ZYZiAfN4xrQ
Please don't share it, keep it for iglooers

i totally get what you mean, even if we certainly feel things in a different way. i´m very happy for you. thanks for sharing :)