The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Austin (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17730)

borneoman 08-14-2015 07:42 AM

Austin

setlistfm

Cannonball
Delicate
The Professor
Elephant
I Remember
The Greatest Bastard
Trusty and True
Older Chests
9 Crimes
Amie
It Takes a Lot to Know a Man
----
Volcano
The Blower's Daughter

looks like he did a sort of aftershow for what I understand, he did Cheers Darlin and Black is the Colour + a fan did Bottom Shelf and Damo joined

cookienator 08-14-2015 07:58 AM

Long long way was after volcano. It was an amazing show! The crowd was much better than Dallas. He was in a very good mood and very chatty. Put on a Texas accent a few times. My friend and I saw some empty seats front row center so we snuck up there and no one came for them! Lucky us!

He said at the aftershow that he really enjoyed the show tonight and he actually likes the Texas heat, as he was dripping with sweat haha. He played cheers darlin first and then his friend Jess played one of her songs and he, Gyda, and Shazad played with her. Damien was playing the clarinet for a lot of it. Then it was bottom shelf, and then something he called a whatever song? Or something along those lines. Basically they just played some random tunes and jammed out. Then he finished up with black is the colour.

I asked him if he was still anti-Spain, gig-wise since I'm moving there and he said no, he'll be playing there next year! Yay!

borneoman 08-14-2015 08:19 AM

^he played in Barcelona for the first time this year, so definitely he no longer follows the "I don´t play in Barcelona cos I have friends there and go there on holiday" rule

to me, setlists lately look too similar and he´s playing the same oldies every day at every gig almost in the same order, spice it up Damo!!!!!

Chrysler 08-14-2015 08:38 AM

aftershow seems to have been rather small audience, and the whole "band" was outside
- so guitar, drums and cello :O

cookienator 08-14-2015 09:04 AM

And clarinet, gyda's shell chime thing, and a bell. They were doing a lot of experimental sounds. There were probably about 15-20 people

eva_arg 08-14-2015 11:38 AM

https://igcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.ne...64796506_n.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/6WkYe2lWjh/

mikerennie 08-14-2015 11:45 AM

Yay after show!

I see Liz and Nancy!

How was it?

tuckatangent 08-14-2015 12:53 PM

The crowd wasn't so incredible in my row. Folks kept getting up to drink and just generally obnoxious. It didn't matter much, cuz it wasn't very obvious. Damien was incredible. It was my first time seeing him, so I don't mind the classics. The crescendo of I Remember, I actually started crying because I couldn't believe I was finally seeing it live, not listening on a bootleg or live EP. He seemed to really love the crowd, and apologized for not coming back sooner. 7 years, apparently!!

He reiterated that he's working on a new record, and hopefully he'll be back next year. Standouts for me besides I Remember were It Takes a Lot To Know a Man and anything from O. I missed My Favourite Fadeded Fantasy and I Don't Want To Change You, but hey I waited 10 years to see him. I'll gladly take the oldies! :icon_pray:icon_pray:icon_pray:icon_pray

Personal note, really wish I had enough cash to buy a season pass at this place and get closer seats. Even on presale, I managed 20 rows back in the orch. Closer I'm sure would have lessened the drunk folks. The venue's policy of locking people out of the arena for 45 minutes so they can drink and get sloshed is one reason I'm not big on Bass. But the sound was incredible!! And even shortie me had no problem seeing him. This was the best show I've ever seen.

glo32 08-14-2015 12:55 PM

so he had those fellow musicians for the aftershow but there was no band suring the gig, right? Or Gyda and Shazad joined him on stage too?

verenita 08-14-2015 01:05 PM

thanks for all the repots! happy for those who were there :)

tuckatangent 08-14-2015 01:08 PM

They joined him onstage for the encore. Gyda sounded incredible on Volcano.

borneoman 08-14-2015 03:12 PM

he should try and do a full gig with those 2!

madhat181 08-14-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 384242)
he should try and do a full gig with those 2!

Who Liz and Nancy? They are at all the aftershows :icon_kidr

Circa1992 08-14-2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhat181 (Post 384243)
Who Liz and Nancy? They are at all the aftershows :icon_kidr

HA!!! Trust me, you would all run away if I started singing!

verenita 08-15-2015 11:18 AM

i think marti menta gyda and shazad, but why not having liz and nancy as well? :p

DesoleInBoston 08-18-2015 02:47 PM

Black is the Colour from the after show: