The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lisa Hannigan, "Oh, Lord" (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14359)

gomezxico 06-08-2007 05:46 PM

Lisa Hannigan, "Oh, Lord"

hello people,

does anyone know if there is video of Lisa performing "Oh, Lord"? if so, please share...:icon_kidr

Bumpman 06-08-2007 07:07 PM

Do you mean Mercedes-Benz? I'm sure there's some 'out there', but I've never seen one.

gomezxico 06-14-2007 07:27 AM

ah, yes. what a difference having the wrong song title makes. thanks, bumpman...didn't know it was a Joplin tune...

nothing_at_all 06-14-2007 08:39 AM

I have it....but i refuse to send it to someone who thinks it's called "oh lord"

...idiot

cille 06-14-2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothing_at_all
I have it....but i refuse to send it to someone who thinks it's called "oh lord"

...idiot

Ooh oy are you never mistaken yourself? Have some patience. :smiley24:

nothing_at_all 06-14-2007 01:53 PM

its a well known song.....

cille 06-14-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

its a well known song.....

I know, but that's no reason to pass judgement.

Bumpman 06-14-2007 03:19 PM

It's eskimofriends, not eskimoknobs.

Or in the words of Jesus Christ; "Don't be a dick".

Spencer 06-14-2007 04:01 PM

Would really appreciate a copy of that vid!
C'mon share with your fellow eskimos!
:D

Ships_Were_Sailin 06-14-2007 04:28 PM

i have an mp3 of it, but no vid.

and to that guy who was being a prick just because of a name mixup, go home son, we dont want you here.

gomezxico 06-14-2007 05:09 PM

^ yeah, i've got the song as well. she sings it soo...interestingly!

Quote:

...idiot

'oh, lord' boyo! chillax! my apologies for not being mainstream enough to know the original. said please, anyways, so if you don't wanna share, that's on you...

Bumpman 06-14-2007 05:35 PM

In other news; if you see it in the shops, you should check out the Pearl album. It's really good, and it's quite likely that most places would have it cheap. Also it's Janis Joplin's last album and the only one she recorded with The Full Tilt Boogie Band. Also Paul A. Rothchild was producing, he's quite famous for his work with The Doors.

gomezxico 06-14-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
In other news; if you see it in the shops, you should check out the Pearl album. It's really good, and it's quite likely that most places would have it cheap. Also it's Janis Joplin's last album and the only one she recorded with The Full Tilt Boogie Band. Also Paul A. Rothchild was producing, he's quite famous for his work with The Doors.

I'll keep an out eye for it, thanks for the recommendation.

Rai 06-14-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomezxico
^ yeah, i've got the song as well. she sings it soo...interestingly!

For some strange reason, her mock-southern accent really appeals to me... "must make aymends", brrr... (or hubba-hubba? :) )

tj 06-16-2007 04:17 AM

Quote:

...idiot

Jaysus. This has got 'childish nonsense' written all over it. Have you never made a mistake mate? Catch a grip!

Spencer 06-16-2007 09:42 AM

Anyway back to the main point. Does anyone have a recording or a vid of this song? If so can you PM me please! :)

Bumpman 06-16-2007 04:01 PM

Recording yes, video no. I don't think you can even get a video of it.

gomezxico 06-16-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai
For some strange reason, her mock-southern accent really appeals to me... "must make aymends", brrr... (or hubba-hubba? :) )

:smiley36: that's what i love about it so much! from the way her voice sounds, it'd be great to see her facial expressions.

i've searched, but haven't found anything though.