The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   One Big Sunday (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5348)

Banjaxed 08-17-2004 10:45 AM

from www.damienrice.com:

bbc radio 1 - one big sunday

Damien and band will be appearing at BBC Radio One's - One Big Sunday on
September 19th, Perry Park, Walsall Road, Perry Barr, Birmingham, B42 2LR, UK

Tune into radio one for details

Louise 08-17-2004 10:47 AM

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! oh come on... If only we had a radio station that did half decent things like that. Boo.

PS yay for any UK fans who can get to Birmingham.

mestonf 08-17-2004 10:56 AM

ooooooooooooo tink can go to that! !

Tink where are you baby !! DAMO GIG!!!

darraghjm 08-17-2004 02:33 PM

we do have a radio station that does that kind of thing, 2fm help run o2 in the park, obliviously no damo on the bill but they do have westlife, blue, girls aloud,bellefire,aslan,mickey harte, all miming three songs!no i know wat ur thinkin thats sounds like ur ideal concert bill!!!![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

actually just checked the 2fm website and mundy, mark geary and the chapters are playin as well, so not a totally wasted day,

Louise 08-17-2004 03:00 PM

yeah.......................

mestonf 08-17-2004 03:01 PM

wheres tink i want her to see this cause she wil be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited

joe_folds_five 08-17-2004 03:32 PM

i live in bham

Louise 08-17-2004 03:34 PM

i thought you meant india at first...strange. yay for you!

mestonf 08-17-2004 03:36 PM

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

pamela 08-17-2004 07:21 PM

maybe ...just maybe there'll be a BIG landslide, and glasgow will become birmingham !

Gazel 08-17-2004 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mestonf
wheres tink i want her to see this cause she wil be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited

shes gone on holiday to tuscany, she'll be well gutted[img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]

Gatsby 08-17-2004 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darraghjm

we do have a radio station that does that kind of thing, 2fm help run o2 in the park, obliviously no damo on the bill but they do have westlife, blue, girls aloud,bellefire,aslan,mickey harte, all miming three songs!no i know wat ur thinkin thats sounds like ur ideal concert bill!!!![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

actually just checked the 2fm website and mundy, mark geary and the chapters are playin as well, so not a totally wasted day,

lol the chapters got some slagging i assure you[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Gazel 08-17-2004 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazel

Quote:

shes gone on holiday to tuscany, she'll be well gutted[img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]

just realised how stupid i was, its not 4 another month[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

mestonf 08-17-2004 07:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

just realised how stupid i was, its not 4 another month[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

don't worry lol
tink will love it!

darraghjm 08-18-2004 08:56 AM

yeah its weird why people like the chapters, mundy, mark geary would get involved, ok i know there be ten's of thousands of people there, but nearly all of them are goin to be there to see blue & girls aloud, and the chapters are probably goin to be playin very early in the day in between two new boy bands badly dancing to a backing track. don't get me wrong i'm not slaggin off the chapters, i saw them at the when bush comes to shove gig, and i thought they were very good, its just seems weird to play at a big pop event, in saying that though, i imagine there be a few pop bands playing at the onebigsunday gig damien will be playin at.

looly 08-18-2004 09:02 AM

[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]Mundy's playing??? it does seem a bit strange seeing his name and Mark Geary's name on the bill for an event like this. It's usually for kids isn't it? don't think I'll bother going, although I love Mundy I think seeing him 5 times this year already and at least once more is enough for me. I know, I can never get enough of him but I'M NOT GOING TO O2 IN THE PARK. NO NO NO. So there. [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

darraghjm 08-18-2004 09:13 AM

its usually for kids yeah, young girls of 11 with cowboy hats and whistles! i know there'll be loads of people at it, so a chance for people to here there music, maybe its for the parents,

mestonf 08-18-2004 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darraghjm
its usually for kids yeah, young girls of 11 with cowboy hats and whistles! i know there'll be loads of people at it, so a chance for people to here there music, maybe its for the parents,

certainly is...thats why it kinda puzzles me why damo is playing???

I went to something like that sometime ago. Took my sister (whos 8 i add) to see busted...was probably the worst experience of my life!

lonelilly_lil 08-18-2004 11:09 AM

i live NEAR birmingham. YEAH!!!! all excited now!!

anyother eskimos going?

mestonf 08-18-2004 04:32 PM

nope unfortunately not.....can't afford it!

Libby 08-21-2004 08:52 AM

How exciting! I shall definately be keeping that weekend free!

I live in Coventry so it is not too far to travel either [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

So Eskimos going would be .... joe_folds_five, lonelilly_lil, Tink, and myself so far, if we can get tickets.

I am a little unsure how the ticket process works- do we have to apply to Radio 1, and just hope that they allocate us tickets?

kiddrinkingfire 08-21-2004 07:53 PM

i live pretty close to birmingham..i know i'm not a fully fleaged eskimo but thought i'd let you know!!

how do you get tickets?

bittered 08-22-2004 03:05 PM

Has anyone got a link for the gig with the full line up, I might be interested in going to this one.

Tink 08-22-2004 05:09 PM

Woo Hooo Yipeee

i'm gonna so go hopefully im so excited yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink 08-22-2004 06:47 PM

I've been searching the net and further details will be put up early in September on radio 1's site. I have a feeling it may be free but i don't know how to get the tickets, however i will keep checking radio 1 site fro further info.

lonelilly_lil 08-22-2004 09:48 PM

bring it oooooooooooooooooon!!!!! i can't wait!!! all eskimos going will have to wear something so we all know who each other is(does that make sense?!?![img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img])

hmmm.....like maybe.....dungarees and a huge hat!!!Edited by: lonelilly_lil

Gazel 08-23-2004 06:20 PM

I could get to birmingham, its only just ocurred to me[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]. Just need find someone who'll go with me. Are tickets on sale yet? I couldnt find any info on theBBC website.

Libby 08-24-2004 11:58 AM

Don't know about the Dungarees and big hat Lonelilly [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

What does everyone think about organising an Eskimo meet up then?

I can't wait, it is going to be such a cool day [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

lonelilly_lil 08-24-2004 07:11 PM

think an eskimo meet up would be wicked. finaaly putting some faces to names.

im well up for it!!! any one else?

NeelanPavan 08-24-2004 07:32 PM

Hiya guys n gals,

havent posted in ages not sure why but more of an observer of this great forum! any hows back to the topic!......im pretty sure the radio one big sunday is a free event, with regards to tickets not too sure prob the radio 1 hotline, but i think all you need to do is turn up (don't quote me on that tho!!!)

Neel